Posted On:
    2/24/2005 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gay community likes TUF

Found this on MMA.TV. Funny ****.

Interesting how the gay community has already found out about TUF. This was on fightsport:

I was searching about TUF and came across some type of 'gay sports board'....really explains the popularity of the show

http://66.241.240.127/cgi-bin/ultima...c;f=8;t=003693

Author Topic: The Ultimate Fighter on SpikeTV PatSanFran Member Member # 1728

posted January 10, 2005 10:03 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/index.php

Well, I *was* looking forward to this, thinking it would just be UFC matches. But now Spike is advertising it as a reality-type show where the fighters share a house in Las Vegas. Something tells me there is going to be more "Real World/Big Brother" type action ("Who stole my pillow!?") instead of action in the ring.

At least Randy Couture is one of the coaches. That is reason enough to watch. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 303 | From: San Francisco |

TomFord Member Member # 1846

posted January 11, 2005 06:02 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You should still be looking forward to it. It's gonna be awesome! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 786 | From: New York, NY |

amazin12 Member Member # 358

posted January 21, 2005 10:35 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HOLY COW!

Hey Outsporters if you're gonna watch just one reality program. This MUST be the one!

I saw the first episode on Spike TV tonight. It's about 16 mostly young men, all aspiring Ultimate Fighters, who train and live together at a complex in Vegas. One by one they will be eliminated from the competition. They're all in good shape. When they check in the first night they discover they have been provided with lots of beer and alcohol. And one of them gets very drunk.

The trainers look real tough and intimidating. This program looks like it's going to get very interesting if you know what I mean.

Did you see the coming attractions for the next episode? One of the studs comes down the stairs wearing extremely tight shorts, showing a HUGE package. He starts bending over, sticks his booty out and says, "this is how I stretch".

I'm new to Spike TV. What kind of network is this? And what happens when straight dudes who like Ultimate Fighting tune in to watch this program?

This is awesome. lol...

[ January 21, 2005, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: amazin12 ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 583 | From: a NYC boro |

MarcusF Member Member # 108

posted January 22, 2005 06:18 PM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by amazin12: I'm new to Spike TV. What kind of network is this? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike TV (the former TNN, for whatever that's worth... probably about $.02) bills itself as "the first network for MEN". Guess they weren't kidding!

quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is awesome. lol... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You betcha. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 385 | From: "A Davidson man needs NO introduction!" |

posted January 22, 2005 06:51 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While this appears to be a reality program that targets the young straight guy who is into fighting and wrestling it most definitely has gay overtones. I can't wait until the next episode! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 583 | From: a NYC boro |

ruggerphredd Member Member # 2098

posted January 22, 2005 08:23 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm not normally a fan of these so-called reality shows. But I watched the first episode of Ultimate Fighter and I am totally hooked!!! I'm just imagining the wonderful smells that eminate in that house after the guys come back from training. Umm Ummm Good!! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 85 | From: Forest Park/Atlanta, GA |

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]
    Date: 02/24/05 05:23 PM
    2865 Total Posts Ignore User

sportinlife Member Member # 311

posted January 23, 2005 05:43 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Based on those photos, the two who most ring my bell are Josh and (the appropriately named) Forrest (of orange hair). And their on the same team. Wish it were my team.

[ January 23, 2005, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: sportinlife ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 4628 | From: Philadelphia |

posted January 23, 2005 07:50 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think in the next episode they will have another drinking game. So here we have beer, alcohol and 16 incredibly handsome, toned studs trapped together inside this complex. Now did the producers actually think there would be no extra-curricular activity going on?

[ January 23, 2005, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: amazin12 ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 583 | From: a NYC boro |

puckman1 Member Member # 663

posted January 23, 2005 07:57 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What night/time is this on, sounds very interesting.!!! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 4862 | From: Spokane |

posted January 23, 2005 08:08 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Check this link:

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/...ltimatefighter

There is a schedule at the bottom of the page but it doesn't tell you when they air the new episodes because I noticed Saturday night was a rerun of the epsidode from Friday night. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 583 | From: a NYC boro |

TC Member Member # 645

posted January 23, 2005 11:00 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sounds alot like MTV's 'Tough Enough' which also had plenty of eye candy. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 607 | From: Metro NY & Central NY |

DallasUNC Member Member # 125

posted January 23, 2005 05:11 PM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by TC: Sounds alot like MTV's 'Tough Enough' which also had plenty of eye candy. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And sadly Tough Enough was like a 5 minute part of Smackdown every week this last go around. It sucked! But on a related note to this thread, the latest Tough Enough winner was a cage fighter named Daniel Puder...cute, tight and blond! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 1038 | From: Dallas, TX |

posted February 12, 2005 06:27 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Until now I thought all of these men were brought in off the street to learn and train to be a fighter. But some of the names started sounding familiar to me. And sure enough most, if not all of these men, are already pros. You can find the fighters on the Sherdog website. I already found Diego Sanchez and Bobby Southworth.

So in the most recent episode Team Liddell wins another challenge (btw, that was a boring and dumb challenge) And from team Liddell, middleweight Diego Sanchez is chosen to fight Alex Karilexis. You can see this is a mismatch because Sanchez is in better shape and he sports a 12-0 pro record. So quickly into the match he applies a "naked choke hold" to pin Karelexis and so Mr. Karelexis has been booted out of the house.

Coming atractions for the next episode has them all going on a trip to Vegas. It looks like many of them will have too much too drink. Even the clean cut level headed Josh shocks me as he has to be carried out in his drunken stupor.

[ February 12, 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: amazin12 ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 583 | From: a NYC boro |

Aznbutch Member Member # 269

posted February 14, 2005 06:49 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There I was minding my own business on a Sunday afternoon flipping through the channels bemoaning the fate of no NFL, NHL, MLB to watch...when I stumbled upon this! OMG. How about the weigh in scene when Diego literally strips to his skivvies, or when Alex shaves his torso and legs in preparation for the fight? Wow. Give me this over Arena football any day. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posts: 155 | From: Boston, MA. |
    You say what about my rice?

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    2/24/2005 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this really surprise anyone?
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/24/2005 10:49pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha,

"Atleast Randy Couture is one of the coaches. Thats reason enough to watch."

Do cauliflower ears turn on gay guys?

Posted On:
    2/24/2005 11:16pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading that post made me feel dirty.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 1:56am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading that post made me wonder why Knightmare spent so much time sorting through posts about gay men oogling fighters.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 7:05am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Reading that post made me wonder why Knightmare spent so much time sorting through posts about gay men oogling fighters.

My quote was the first post.

mostly just stubborn

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: MT, GJJ, Blue Glaser

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    My quote was the first post.
    Cauliflower ears turn you on?
    Success is the child of audacity. - Benjamin Disraeli

inform yourself you super martial artists of my butt - Netsky the Ninja

You fight like Norwegians, ya fairies! - Russell Crowe on "Fightin Round the World"

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They only watch it for the BJJ.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:35am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrike
    Reading that post made me feel dirty.
    q4t, imo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:37am

Style: MT, BJJ, VT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh... oh well, whatever makes them happy.

I'm going to print this page out and give it to Kenny (Florian).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast