Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:06pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, this has what to do with ninjas monkey rollng to their left quadrant and ripping off grappling?

Genius

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aesop is correct. Stop trying to take the heat off of your silly ninja claims, Koto.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    So, Frank Cucci wrote those ads?
    Funny how in his Blackwater articles he doesn't claim to be an instructor in NSW Close Combat. My corpsman buddy says he'll check him out on BUPERS and see what actually turns up. That's all where I want to take this now, so we don't get this thread off-topic and I can get some constructive criticism and not B.S.

Also, there's plenty of quality instructors out there who have others write their ads for them that don't use the same old tired RBSD salespitch.
    Last edited by VikingPower; 2/25/2005 10:36pm at .

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    So, this has what to do with ninjas monkey rollng to their left quadrant and ripping off grappling?
    No, I just think it's funny how someone who's got a background in training like that wants to make smart-aleck comments about others'. He likes to dish it out but can't take it. Like I said, drop it for now and I'll post the findings from BUPERS later. Military records are easy to read if you know what to look for, and you can find a lot of info on just a cursory look: awards, ranks, training, etc.

Genius

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's ok, ninjaboy, if it makes you feel better, then go with your feelings.

Besides, if claiming to teach navy seals is a lie, and his biggest claim.. it still doesn't compare to anyone claiming to teach authentic ninjitsu.
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 2/25/2005 10:24pm at .
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/25/2005 10:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Aesop is correct. Stop trying to take the heat off of your silly ninja claims, Koto.
    This was directed at you too, since you are both too willing to run off the subject.

Let's get another thing straight here: You even make ninja bashing uncool.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    No, I just think it's funny how someone who's got a background in training like that wants to make smart-aleck comments about others'. He likes to dish it out but can't take it. Like I said, drop it for now and I'll post the findings from BUPERS later. Military records are easy to read if you know what to look for, and you can find a lot of info on just a cursory look: awards, ranks, training, etc.
    Well if he won't, I will. I am glad you were willing to point out what's "good" Bujinkan, because now you can't fall back on "well, good Bujinkan is hard to find and if you saw Grand Siho Ninja Steve then you'd know...." because you were kind enough to go to the ends of the earth to hunt down and find these wonderful ninjitsu clips, and I for one cannot even begin to express my sincere gratitude. Seriously. It's like the Valentine's Day gift my girlfriend would've gave me if I, you know. Had a girlfriend.

http://www.daytonbujinkan.com/pictures-m-koyoku.html

Let's start with this. I realize this is a kata. I also realize that, much like a Magic Eye image, if I cross my eyes at it long enough I'll see the hidden image that takes place in some fantastical dimension where people actually do....that. And I'm sure it's teaching you "principles of movement" and "basic footwork" and that you're "wasting your fucking time" learning "kata that in no way bear even a passing resemblance to how real human beings fight". But I just want you to know...I showed that clip to some non-MA practicing friends and got big laughs. So thank you.

http://www.pittsburghbujinkan.com/li...ho_hanbo_4.mpg

I liked this. You're holding a weapon, your opponent announces his intention of punching you, you scream and throw your weapon away which causes him to backflip into the some abstract, Cirque du Solei scarf hold variant. You wrist lock him and uncomfotably strike a "casual" pose because you're a Bujinkan practioner and thus have such an intricate knowledge of grappling you can afford to break the rules.

This has always interested me. Why is it that so many TMA feel the need to beat off on camera every time they use a submission? Why is it that every half-assed wrist lock is accompanied by uproarious laughter by the 43-year old fishing and woodworking enthusiasts in the audience and zingers of "that's gonna hurt in the morning!" by the pudgy stay-at-home moms in attendence? Why do you guys feel the need to at all times have one hand dangling at your side EVERY time you do a move that would require actual effort and control?

Why do you always fall over when doing an arm bar from the guard?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What arts in the Bujinkan are recognized Koryu Bujutsu?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 2:23am

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can think of two off the top of my head. Kukishinden Ryu and Takagi Yoshin Ryu. I can't remember if there are others at the moment. Lack of sleep makes the memory go. :)

Host-Personal Defense TV

Posted On:
    2/26/2005 3:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neither of those are recognized as Koryu Bujutsu.

source: koryu.com
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast