Page 15 of 25 First ... 5111213141516171819 ... Last
  1. #141
    It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy.... supporting member
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you mean it doesn't work? It is called leg hooking and it is banned from submission wrestling contest because it destroys knees. The video you got that from is pretty simple though......

    I stand by what I said. I have had this conversation before so let me qualify a few things. I am not saying BJJ sucks. BJJ rocks!!! But the fools the Gracies choose to fight in the early UFC had noooo chance! They had no experience and they had no ground skills. The few that did have skills like severn and hackny being the exception. Today you do not see people from regular Martial Arts Schools in MMA, you see trained professional Fighters. Royce was a Pro from the start.

    These Guys train to fight everyday, all day. To put them up against a regular joe that trains 2 hours 3 times a week and call it a style comparision is a fake comparision. It is Pro vs. Ameatur.


    Wing Chun moves work on the ground.

    They needed to be customized to fight specific arm locks, Triangle chokes, and ankle locks that BJJ reitroduced to the world. So a training set was made.

    Wing Chun has always modified itself to face new enemys....that is it's tradition!!! In the past it was modified to fight specific kung Fu styles, in Hong Kong it was modified to fight western Boxers, in the 1960s, it was modified by Yip Man to deal with a specific kick. It is called growth, i.e. "Exernal Springtime". but it is modified using it's on set movement patterns.

    Again, I have to ask WC newbee, what do you do on the ground? No chain punches, no freeing arm, no lan sau elbows? You just tap out because WC is practiced standing up?

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    What do you mean it doesn't work? It is called leg hooking and it is banned from submission wrestling contest because it destroys knees.
    ?ing ?un would sweep GQ if didn't ban this deadly move. :confused2

  3. #143
    It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy.... supporting member
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is leg hooking banned in Pride, Abu Dabhi, K1,.....or not?

  4. #144
    Shuma-Gorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,607
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Is leg hooking banned in Pride, Abu Dabhi, K1,.....or not?
    K1 isn't even a grappling league, you twat.

  5. #145
    Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,839
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    What do you mean it doesn't work? It is called leg hooking and it is banned from submission wrestling contest because it destroys knees. The video you got that from is pretty simple though......

    I stand by what I said. I have had this conversation before so let me qualify a few things. I am not saying BJJ sucks. BJJ rocks!!! But the fools the Gracies choose to fight in the early UFC had noooo chance! They had no experience and they had no ground skills. The few that did have skills like severn and hackny being the exception. Today you do not see people from regular Martial Arts Schools in MMA, you see trained professional Fighters. Royce was a Pro from the start.

    These Guys train to fight everyday, all day. To put them up against a regular joe that trains 2 hours 3 times a week and call it a style comparision is a fake comparision. It is Pro vs. Ameatur.


    Wing Chun moves work on the ground.

    They needed to be customized to fight specific arm locks, Triangle chokes, and ankle locks that BJJ reitroduced to the world. So a training set was made.

    Wing Chun has always modified itself to face new enemys....that is it's tradition!!! In the past it was modified to fight specific kung Fu styles, in Hong Kong it was modified to fight western Boxers, in the 1960s, it was modified by Yip Man to deal with a specific kick. It is called growth, i.e. "Exernal Springtime". but it is modified using it's on set movement patterns.

    Again, I have to ask WC newbee, what do you do on the ground? No chain punches, no freeing arm, no lan sau elbows? You just tap out because WC is practiced standing up?
    Obviously you didn't get the Ettish reference. He tried it in MMA competition. His career was not a long one.

    See everyone, I always said grappling was just horizontal chi-sai and none of you bitches believed me. Here is my proof - a Dr. tells me so now.

    We almost have a proper WC thread . . . .

  6. #146
    HAPKO3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    4,054
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Is leg hooking banned in Pride, Abu Dabhi, K1,.....or not?
    ah.... no.
    You say what about my rice?

  7. #147
    It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy.... supporting member
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will have to look for some Ettish fights, what events did he lose in?......I just thought Ettish was some other chew toy you guys allready spit out :).....

  8. #148
    Working my way back to health supporting member
    poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    877
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu, Dude free advice so feel free to ignore it.

    A lot of people here actually know what they are talking about.
    You might want to post less and read more.

  9. #149
    Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,839

  10. #150
    It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy.... supporting member
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,528
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poet
    Dr._Tzun_Tzu, Dude free advice so feel free to ignore it.

    A lot of people here actually know what they are talking about.
    You might want to post less and read more.
    The fact that they lump all ?ing ?un together shows they do not,.....

    but I will read around and try to figure out who this Dimjbe character was :)

Page 15 of 25 First ... 5111213141516171819 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO