Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been reading some of the posts between the various people here who are in conflict it looks ridiculous. First of all, I seriously doubt the "combatants" are ever going to meet up and face each other as warriors in the street of some city. That's not how people play the game today. What will happen is the more experience (not the best fighter necessarily) will garner all the information he can to build a case against the other(s) and try to get them arrested and put in jail or maybe even civil action if he thinks he can make some moola. That will be the real winner who will sit and crow on their porch afterwards. Smarten up people. Fights should be fought legally in real legal sports MMA competitions. Don't sell out your freedom to someone here just because you are pissed. Don't be calling them, emailing them, threatening them, etc.. Don't give your opponent that kind of ammunition to use against you with the authorities.

If you want to test your skills against theirs for whatever reason, ask them if they would like to participate in a legal MMA event and then go participate. If they don't show, then you know what you are dealing with and that they doubt themselves or are deluded and you can ignore all their excuses and philosophies as to their special methods. If they do show, win lose or draw, you'll probably end up respecting them for showing and it will change the nature of the relationship for the better.

Now once again, this is just my opinion and how I look at it. But there's some wisdom here with what I'm trying to say. Just my two cents.

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:06pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wish we all typed from the same internet cafe, that would be funny

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Mutual Combat illegal in the united states?

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:13pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought consentual combat was, this might have been discussed before somewhere, but i think you may need a signed piece of paper concerning physical violence towards yourself, so cops don't come and arrest everyone

--

Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:24pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do your research TRD. You are so right but many wouldn't take the challenge.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Acknowledged Omega. Furthermore, not only are they showing themselves to not be in the same warrior class as those who do compete in no holds barred events but even the "fight as a last resort" philosophy they expouse becomes a convient hiding place.

My personal opinion (ie 2 cents) is that these people are kooks looking for power, money, and control and the martial arts gives them an easy way to seize that. But in the deepest pit of their stomach they know they would be sent flying across the ring in front of everyone. Since deep down they know this, but cannot admit it, they resort to manipulation, salesmanship, and litigation to maintain their image.

Once again, in my humble opinion, it's just easier as man to climb into the ring as a warrior and let the chips fall where they will.

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:57pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    litigation, lmao at your choice of big words

"Furthermore, not only are they showing themselves to not be in the same warrior class as those who do compete in no holds barred events but even the "fight as a last resort" philosophy they expouse becomes a convient hiding place."

fight as a last resort on the street or anywhere else but i think full contact sparring is great, fucking sore muscles and minor concussions

heheh

--

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:57pm

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Majority of us don't have local venues who you can just call and then declare a sanctioned challenge match.

I live in NY and I've never heard of that happening. You're lost in Utopia.

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 4:58pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Berserk, there is a minor spelling mistake in your sig

i wish i was in Utopia

--

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 5:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They ARE out there. They are all over the place. But I'm probably not talking to you if you would rather sit around and cry about how there's not one in your hometown.

I'm talking to aggressive fellas that have a pair and simply offering my opinion that inviting someone to paricipate in a legal MMA tournament is far more real than getting themselves in legal trouble on the internet with opponents that have no intention of competing in MMA events but spend quite a bit of time learning how to bait and trap others on the net using their contacts in law enforcement and lawyers. Just my opinion, just my two cents.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast