Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 1:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    You're the ecologist and the evolutionary biologist.

How this gives you ANY credibility in telling people how they should learn martial arts is one hell of a mystery.

I've trained people for NAGA, you've read textbooks relating to swamplife.
    You're right, it doesn't. However, I never said that it did so what the hell is your point?

If however in your esteemed position of a bjj blue belt and karate instructor, you've actually come to the conclusion that people should be trying to learn to grapple over the internet and get general/basic technical knowledge from morons like ME then you're the one that is bullshido.

Read the thread again, read the examples. The point that a few people are trying to make is that individuals with zero experience shouldn't be encouraged to get their instruction online. They should be encouraged to get it from qualified instructors. Read the footlock link, where the kid effectively had zero instruction and couldn't even understand basic grappling terminology, then come back and tell me JohnnyS or Omega should provide him with the finer points of heelhooks (or worse that I do so).

The reason you're being dense is this thread is in part about unqualified people giving advice to people unqualified to get it. Considering that is part of your own point, your argument here is assinine.
    Last edited by Dochter; 3/07/2005 1:11am at .

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 10:17am

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is that "Ecologist and Evolutionary Biologist" tag in your profile, dochter? I usually see people with stuff like "Martial Arts Instructor" or "Professional Fighter". But "Ecologist"?Does it serve some purpose related to Bullshido, or are you tooting your own horn?
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 10:21am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out the second part of this, after the forum rules:

http://bullshido.net/forums/announcement.php?f=10

Phrost just wants to recognize people with official positions or status.

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "specific talents, perspective, and insight into areas that are OFTEN DISCUSSED HERE."

I'm sure there's been an evolution thread or two in the non-MA forums, but what does that have to do with martial arts?
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 10:43am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take it you have never been attacked by a kangaroo rat.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 11:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure there's been an evolution thread or two in the non-MA forums, but what does that have to do with martial arts?
    Absolutely nothing. Similarly so for the physicist, chemist and computer sci instructor also tagged.

I've actually been debating removing the tag and replacing it with something witty like blingdo.
    Last edited by Dochter; 3/07/2005 11:52am at .

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you actually send an e-mail to phrost and ask him for bullshido recognition of your 'scientisthood'?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 11:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who cares?
    Phrost put something up saying he wanted to tag martial arts instructors, law enforcement, medical practicioners, personal trainers and scientists. I let them know how I'd prefer to be recognized as opposed to the more general "biologist".

Anyways, I never even mentioned it outside of that because I don't in fact think it has anything to do with this website. Why you and peedee find it of note, I don't know.

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that is soooooo lame. I can't even begin to describe the extent of your lameness. :)

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    3/07/2005 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I mentioned to brand in a pm if they could switch off my christmas name (Santa's Elf) and if the science thingy were still in effect write me up as mentioned.

It may be lame, talk to phrost though. His idea.

This is all besides the point that I'm still right and peedee is being dense.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819