Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 4:52pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The same mechanism can actually harm you, because you can actually develop auto-immunity in some circumstances, whereby your body will actually have an allergic reaction to itself, which can kill you or destroy your organs. I met a woman once who had an auto-immune reaction which destroyed her kidneys. You can think it's a myth, but the fact is, you're just ignorant. You need to do more research. I'm not going to sit here and Google everything for you. If you're too lazy you can sit back and go "that's a myth". But that's just being a brain-dead moron. In fact, somebody just told me that silverware originated because silver turns black in the presence of some poisons, so nobles in Europe used to use silverware to avoid being poisoned. Fact or fiction? You decide. :) But it makes sense because silver turns black from oxidation, so a strong oxidant would make it turn black faster.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    Umm, isn't it your job to do research to back up your crazy-ass stories? A scientist doesn't just put out a hypothesis and then tell people that they have to prove it one way or the other. He does the research himself and says, "this is what I found".
    No, I'm not interested in poisoning myself or others to find out if it's true. Sorry. LOL

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 4:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Building up a tolerance to poison is not only possible, but likely if given in low doses over a long period of time. That's why coke addicts need more coke to get high after a while. Their body just is able to handle more and more of the drug.

The idea of sleeping with a girl then dying...well, syphillis would do that in the good ol' days.

I would say the stories are apocryphal, but plausible.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a show called Myth-busters on Discovery or something where they try out some of these things. Maybe some enterprising B.S. person should start a martial arts myth busting show.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like that news show where they went to the Dillman student's dojo and proved he was a fake. That was a pretty good show. They should do more shows like that.

Of course, unfortunately, some things like iron sand palm, poisons, fans with razor blades, etc., that's kindof a bit tough because that could prove fatal. Most people probably wouldn't want to try out that stuff.

Dad

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 5:06pm

Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    The bit about snake venoms, and so probably poisons, is true.

I can believe that. It just sounded like one-upmanship almost and made me think of the American Pie reference.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 6:35pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward
    So it is concievable that if a martial artist was practicing like this, and his hands were very hot, and he accidently picked up the baby? Possible, but not likely.
    :new_tomat

Quote Originally Posted by edward
    So is something like the poisoning baby thing possible? It is possible. But that matters 0% as to if these people practice decent martial arts or not.
    I'll look the technique up next time I need to poison a baby.

:5propelle

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 7:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's very little information on Hua Shan forms available in the U.S. or China. I've turned over almost every rock I could find, and beyond a list of some Hua Shan forms, there's almost nothing at all, beyond liu he ba fa, of course. Five Animal Style forms are all around, however, as many of the modern Southern styles like Hung Gar, No Go Cho(sp), etc., are based upon them or are influenced by them. You shouldn't have any problem finding information on those.

SD has Hua Shan forms? If so that's very rare and very hard to authenticate. Experienced people I've spoken to even from China say that most of the martial arts from Wudang and Omei mountains are B.S., that they came from other places. The original styles taught there are either underground or have died out. The stuff they're teaching there now is either total fabrication or taiji, bagua, xingyi, etc., that came from other places.

But as for Hua Shan, there's almost no mention of the forms existing. The only thing that supposedly is around now that came from Hua Shan that I've been able to find is Liu He Ba Fa, which is rare, and there is some controversy because most people from China say it was invented relatively recently using moves from xingyi, bagua and taiji. There's also a list somewhere of some Hua Shan forms on the Internet, but I don't have the link. But I don't know anybody who teaches those forms.
    Last edited by edward; 2/23/2005 8:03pm at .

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any links with videos of SD forms? I'll look, but it would save time if you could post some links.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 8:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked out their list of forms. It is extensive.

It seems weird, though. They call their sets katas, instead of staff you have bo. Basically it's like Japanese names mixed with the Chinese ones. And a lot of the forms seem to be named after single techniques in Chinese forms. Most of what they have seems to be standard Chinese stuff you can find videos anywhere.

As for the Hua Shan stuff, who knows. It's the same names as the other lists I had, but maybe that list came from this site. If you have any video of those forms, please let me know where I can find it, as I haven't been able to find Hua Shan stuff anwyhere.
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast