Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:04pm

Style: SD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And there is a whole lot of stuff that is not correct on SD websites. Anyone with a school can put up their version of what they want.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:09pm

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sifu Hsia Chien-p'ing demonstraTes the kung fu of the fan.
    The General Association of Kung Fu of Hong Kong 1978.

From such things confusion arises for the gui low and so darkness embraces the style.

In other news: Why keep going on about liniage when there's so many more entertaining things?
    So someother guy made up a form in 1978. Big deal. The point is A) he doesn't claim it's old and B) he didn't pay to have steele erected at Chen village to get recognition for saving the "lost" fan form.

Sin The' and his senior students do everything they can, including fabricating history (Yeah, read his book sometime) to make the guy look more important than he really is, or ever will be.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    So someother guy made up a form in 1978. Big deal. The point is A) he doesn't claim it's old and B) he didn't pay to have steele erected at Chen village to get recognition for saving the "lost" fan form.

Sin The' and his senior students do everything they can, including fabricating history (Yeah, read his book sometime) to make the guy look more important than he really is, or ever will be.
    I just ment it was Chein's Fan Form(rather then the Chen fan form) and I could see how people just ripping stuff of could get confused.

But why are we talking about liniage when there are people out there learning to melt babies?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed, this probably has been covered before, but what's the deal with all those martial arts with weird hand toughening techniques anyway?
    thrusting one's hand into a cup of gravel hardly makes anyone a fighter. I wish i could generate egough chi to melt a baby though.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best part of all is how thunderingly insignificant it would be even if this guy did discover some old fan form.

"Hey guys! I found this old form showing in an abstract and stylized manner how people might or might not have assaulted each other with a fan a thousand years ago!"

What comes to mind is someone showing up at a stickfighting or saber tournament with an old copy of Tallhoffer hoping to magically defeat everyone else just by virtue of a few outdated woodcuts.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:57pm

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thrusting one's hand into a cup of gravel hardly makes anyone a fighter.
    Uh, so when you hit someone it A) it hurts them more and B) so you don't break your hands when you hit them. It makes the bones more dense.

Kicking a bag makes a Muay Thai's guys legs harder. Punching a bag makes a boxer's hands harder.

200 years ago, they didn't have bags. It's an old traingin method, and it probably crippled more people than it helped, but it works when done properly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 2:14pm

Style: Redneck

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sand burn story has changed a bit from the first time I heard it. The first teacher of The's was a sand burn master as well as poison palm. He didn't melt the baby in the first rendition of the story, he was practicing his poison palm when the baby started crying....he then picked it up with his hands covered in poison, thus resulting in its death.

All the stories have changed over time it appears. Also, to correct one thing it wasn't called Shaolin-Do in 1983 either...it changed to that somewhere around 1996. Before then it was Sin The's Karate. It even says that on the belt certificate that I saw from 96. Most schools didn't call themselves by that name, most just used the generic Shaolin name. Around 96-97 they changed the name officially to Shaolin-Do.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 2:22pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so let me get this straight. Some guy was rubbing poison onto his hands, apparently a rather potent contact poison at that. A poison to which he was apparently immune. And then this lunatic picked up his baby to stop it from crying? Did he also cook dinner for his family without washing up, or did he figure it out once the baby stopped breathing? This story just gets dumber as it goes along. Now please tell me that the poison was created internally because that is the only thing that is missing. You would hope the people with such immense powers would be a trifle less forgetful.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 2:24pm

Style: shaolin temple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard some hilarious stories before but this baby melting is a very very good one.

Good thing Su Kong never possessed that skill.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 2:31pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "911 what is your emergency?"

"I've just melted my baby! Please... please send someone with a mop bucket!"

Melted baby, the other other milk.

Melted baby, it's what's for dinner.

How can you fit 50 babies into a drum? Have a shaolin do master melt them.

How many melted babies does it take to drown a shaolin do master? Impossible, they can swim ontop using only their pecs.

How do you stop a baby from crying? Melt the fucker.

If a shaolin do master and a melted baby fall off a building at the same time who hits the ground first? Let's try it and find out!

So I'm walking down the street and I slip on this puddle in front of a shaolin do school. I look at my friend and ask, "What the hell was that?" He glances at the school, and then at the puddle and says, "I don't know, twins?"
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast