Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:15pm

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All they ever said was they were given a free one (this has happened with other arts) they paid for a better one.
    That' the other bullshit version. NO ONE IS GIVEN A FREE ONE.

Your bastardized version of a story by Gene Ching of KFO. Hell USSD went and no one says they embarrased themselves you just hate SD.
    Actually, Gene never said they embarrased themselves. He said the performed WAY TOO LONG, actually longer than the monks, which was a breech of etiquette. Gene never commented on what the monk's thought about the SD performance.

It was a former SD student who was on that trip that said they embarrased themselves. I'll take his word for it.

Chen does have a fan form.
    No they don't.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 2/23/2005 12:17pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    Not everyone doing Chen style tai chi will do things as they are done in the village. Consulting from my historic tai chi bible Complete Tai Chi by Dan Docherty when he visited the Chen village (presumably in the 70's / 80's) they practiced with
    single sabre
    double sabre
    single sword
    double sword
    double mace
    pear blossum spear
    white ape staff
    spring halberd
    and autum halberd.
    Which makes you wonder when they had time to do some real training.
    No mention is made of fan forms.
    I see what you guys are saying now. There is no Chen Village specific fan form. I'll agree now with the clarification. Like I said there are others that teach Chen Style Fan. That is what I am saying there are Chen Fan forms out in the public not associated with Shaolin-Do. Could they have been created recently? Yes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Right SD has some major problems. What is funny is a guy claiming Chinese Kenpo is dissing SD. I've met some decent kenpo It is your linneage is just as weird in some cases.
    Yea, except I never said I could melt a baby with my hands... :angry7:

...and yes, all Kenpo linneage is bullshit...and 90% of most Kenpo schools are bullshit. I found one training Kenpo/Shootfighting with low rates and training people for NHB, so I thought it sounded ok. I really don't care what they choose to call it. I haven't made any cracks about SD being Chinese and Japanese yet so...

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badandy
    Yea, except I never said I could melt a baby with my hands... :angry7:

...and yes, all Kenpo linneage is bullshit...and 90% of most Kenpo schools are bullshit. I found one training Kenpo/Shootfighting with low rates and training people for NHB, so I thought it sounded ok. I really don't care what they choose to call it. I haven't made any cracks about SD being Chinese and Japanese yet so...
    Go ahead make cracks about the name. Chinese kempo is also mixed names.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:31pm

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see what you guys are saying now. There is no Chen Village specific fan form. I'll agree now with the clarification. Like I said there are others that teach Chen Style Fan. That is what I am saying there are Chen Fan forms out in the public not associated with Shaolin-Do. Could they have been created recently? Yes.
    Who else teaches a Chen fan form?

The whole 'recent' thing blows a hole in the SD claim that they teach a "really, really, really old and very, very, very traditional" style, huh?

Let alone the fact that the internal arts they teach were never part of the Temple currilculum. Hell, the Southern Temple was BURNED before most of the internal arts were invented; yet, you guys have the last and final Shaolin transmission. Puuuuuhleeease.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 2/23/2005 12:34pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In 1943 a boy named Sin Kwang Thé was born in Bandung who would one day become the third Grandmaster of our lineage. His family had several Shaolin ancestors and young Sin was drawn to the martial arts. His father, however, had been injured during martial arts training when he was a young man and opposed his sons wishes. Nonetheless, Sin Kwang's mother secretly let him out a 4 am each morning, so that he could study the martial arts. He began with sand burn training. Sand burn training is a crude form of toughening the hands by thrusting them into buckets of hot sand.

After 6 months, the sand burn man stopped teaching. Sin Kwang heard about Grandmaster Ie's school and went to watch. Grandmaster Ie had 80 students practicing empty hand forms, weapons forms and sparring. The 7 year old Sin Kwang asked to join the school, but he was put off with polite excuses. One evening, Grandmaster Ie spilled a bowl of uncooked rice on the training hall floor. He asked Sin Kwang to pick up the rice, grain by grain, and to blow the dust of each grain. He was to find all of the 855 grains that had been in the bowl. It was late at night, and the Shaolin students had all gone home, by the time Sin Kwang was through dusting and counting the rice.

The rice counting was only the first of many tests of determination and character Sin Kwang passed. For the final test, Ie spilled hot tea on the boy and took hold of him, looking deep into his eyes. He saw no anger, only surprise. Sin Kwan Thé was finally accepted as a Shaolin student.

In the beginning, Grandmaster Ie had Sin Kwang do hundred of squats to build up his legs. They were done standing on the edge of a chair, with only the balls of his feet touching the seat. He also had Sin Kwang stand in horse stances for what seemed like an eternity. Next came mastering all 49 postures of the I Ching Ching. Only after these preliminaries were completed, did training in martial techniques begin.

Five years later at the age of 13, Sin Kwang Thé tested to Black Belt. For his test, he had to spar 7 other students while blindfolded. He also had to do forms blindfolded. At different times during the forms, boards were held in his path. Since he didn't know when there would be a board, every strike in every form had to be true.

In 1964, Master Sin was preparing to go to Germany to study engineering and physics. He had added German to the multitude of languages that he could speak. Yet the Berlin crisis altered his plans. By chance however, he met a couple from Lexington, Kentucky who were able to arrange a scholarship in the US for him. Master Sin Kwang Thé came to the United States.

Master Sin studied academic subjects with the same dedication that he gave to the Shaolin art. As often as he could, he returned to Indonesia, for the time had finally come for him to learn the Golden Snake Style.

First of all, Master Sin had to learn to move like a snake. Grandmaster Ie tied Master Sin's wrists to his feet in an arched position similar to the I Chin Ching #35 posture. In this position, he learned to crawl by moving the muscles of his chest alone. Grandmaster Ie also threw Master Sin into the ocean with his hands and feet tied. Master Sin learned to swim by wriggling his body. Only now was he ready to learn the Golden Snake forms.

In 1968 Master Sin's training was complete. Grandmaster Ie awarded him the 10th Degree and the Grandmaster's Red Belt. Sin Kwang Thé had become the youngest Grandmaster in the history of the Shaolin art.

Grandmaster Thé continued his education and was on the verge of completing his Master's Degree when Ie Chang Ming died at the age of 96. Grandmaster The realized that while there were many engineers and scientists, he was the only Shaolin Grandmaster. He dropped his studies in order to devote all his time to teaching the Shaolin art.

Shaolin Grandmaster Sin Kwang Thé could have returned to Indonesia to resume teaching the art. Instead he chose to stay in the US. This was a bold break in tradition, for in the past only full blooded Chinese had been permitted to learn the Art. Yet when American men and women from all walks of life were able to learn what was once taught to a handful of Chinese monks, it was clear that martial arts excellence dependence on time and effort and not race. There are now several American Masters.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller

The whole 'recent' thing blows a hole in the SD claim that they teach a "really, really, really old and very, very, very traditional" style, huh?

Let alone the fact that the internal arts they teach were never part of the Temple currilculum. Hell, the Southern Temple was BURNED before most of the internal arts were invented; yet, you guys have the last and final Shaolin transmission. Puuuuuhleeease.
    Look. I am agreeing with you. I'm giving different versions of what I've heard. Look at my posts on SD. I feel they added a bunch of stuff to some Indoneasian MA. There are only a couple points that I disagree on.

http://www.hiquasports.com/taichi/fanCHEN-YungFENG.htm

PM me You'll see we aren't that far off. I think you are mixing me up with Judge Pen.

That is why I brought up it may be a recent creation. Nowhere have I agreed that Shaolin-Do is all it is cracked up to be. I'm just correcting little things like GM The' says he melted a baby. Like i said it is messed up enough it doesn't need mix ups and lies to help its history.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/23/2005 1:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go ahead make cracks about the name. Chinese kempo is also mixed names.
    I think you missed the point of what I was saying. But anyways, I could use Quan Fa if you like, but "Fist Method" isn't very discriptive, whereas most people know what you're refering to if you say Kenpo.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:02pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badandy
    I think you missed the point of what I was saying. But anyways, I could use Quan Fa if you like, but "Fist Method" isn't very discriptive, whereas most people know what you're refering to if you say Kenpo.
    Right karate. I'm saying there is huge dissent with your history. I do wish I would've stayed in Kempo though no melting babies.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller

Sifu Hsia Chien-p'ing demonstraTes the kung fu of the fan.
    The General Association of Kung Fu of Hong Kong 1978.

From such things confusion arises for the gui low and so darkness embraces the style.

In other news: Why keep going on about liniage when there's so many more entertaining things?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast