Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:49am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No
    Well technically it could, but the flesh having retained enough heat (a'la turkey straight out of the oven) would be what I describe as severely burned. I reckon the guy would've had other things to worry about than grabbing newborns.

like going to the bathroom after practicing iron palm?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:20am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Circle
    Indeed.
    Okay pretend I believe this (i.e. the baby statement). Pretend he can somehow get his hands hot enough to be able to do damage. Let's pretend that his hands are made of some magically flesh - as opposed to the kind that cooks when you put it on a hot-plate....like every other piece of flesh from every animal ever. Let's assume this hasn't destroyed his nerves and caused massive internal blistering to his muscles such that he can no longer use either.
    Actually I can't even pretend anymore. I know this is **** and you know this is ****.
    Anyone that seriously thinks this could even happen is either 14 and a pyromaniac or a retard. Any takers?
    Ummm... I'll say, "retard"... final answer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:23am

Style: SD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The temperture needed for imeditate full thickness burns is 145 deg. or 130 deg for 20 sec.
    Master Sin said the guy was supposdly at home and the newborn was crying. The guy hadn't been burning his hands for long and thought it was ok to pick the baby up. Could it have been infantcide and tried to cover it up, don't know.

When I heard why the gi was worn was due to discrimnation of the Chinese. Also that the Chinese would feel impowered by getting together doing Chinese martial arts. Karate was thought of being more of a sport and non Chinese.
    Master Sin was in Kentucky being supported by his parents who were buying American dollars on the black market and sending it to him. This is during the political upheaval where the practice of Chinese martial arts were prohibited. This is also when he started to teach so as to relieve the burden from his parents.

Before it was Shaolin-Do it was Shao-Lin Do. Before that it was Shaid Liem Do ,most likely due to a local dialect.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on guys, don't give them such a hard time. After all, a 5th degree bb was able to beat a bjj whitebelt. They're total badasses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:29am

Style: SD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And to The_Fan, you should ask him what ever you want to know. I just didn't like it when you came off as trying to set him up and trap him. Just didn't come off as a honest person.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:31am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I think is hilarious is even when confronted with the sheer impossibility of such a feat the shaolin do people try to explain how it might really have happened. Maybe the sensei was masturbating to fast and his palms got super hot and he set the crib on fire.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:39am

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This story is just one of many lamo SD fantasies about Sin The' and his supreme ultimate training.

900 forms.

Swims with only pecs.

Can telepatheically sense who is calling him before the phone rings.

Can climb poles like snake without his arms or legs.

Su Kong killed an assassin one time by throwing a knife through the ceiling because he heard 13 men breathing in a room when there should only be 12.

Sin The' and his brother can't even agree on whether or not Ie Ching Men was their relative. Hwang says Ie was their Grandfather; Sin says he wasn't. Neither group agrees on the date of his death. Sin says he died 10 years later than Hwang, supposedly to justify learning more material from him.

Sin even promoted himself from 4th degree black to 10th degree after attending a Karate tournament where there were lots of 8th and 9th degrees present. He felt he was better than them all and so he promoted himself to out-rank them.

The group that went to China and performed for the Shaolin monks embarrassed themselves. The whole story about someone telling them their style is "very old" was the Chinese way of saving face instead of just laughing at them.

The Soard family paid $2,000 to have a steele erected at Shaolin in honor of Sin (anyone can buy one these), and then proceeded to tell all their students that Shaolin DONATED the steele in honor of Sin's dedication and contribution to Shaolin Kung Fu.

Then, they paid to have a steele erected at Chen village because Sin The' teaches a Chen style Fan Form. Only, the problem is Chen style doesn't have a fan form. So, the village put the steele in the wrong place, out of sight, and it made Sin and his group mad and there was a big to-do about it.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 2/23/2005 10:42am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 10:49am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikfeet509
    like going to the bathroom after practicing iron palm?
    How is that a problem, with their prehensile penises? :tongue3:

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 11:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    This story is just one of many lamo SD fantasies about Sin The' and his supreme ultimate training.
    Can't argue pretty strange.

900 forms.
    *closes eyes and shakes head*

Swims with only pecs.
    He had his arms and legs tied and swam in a river. We did something similar in Lifegaurd training years ago. It isn't hard ask a competitive swimmer. If you do the butterfly undulation you can swim with your feet and hands ties. It was what I did in training during hish school and college. Not very impressive at all unless you can't swim.

Can telepatheically sense who is calling him before the phone rings.
    *Slwoly backs out the door*

Can climb poles like snake without his arms or legs.
    ".................."

Su Kong killed an assassin one time by throwing a knife through the ceiling because he heard 13 men breathing in a room when there should only be 12.
    *shrugs shoulder*

Sin The' and his brother can't even agree on whether or not Ie Ching Men was their relative. Hwang says Ie was their Grandfather; Sin says he wasn't. Neither group agrees on the date of his death. Sin says he died 10 years later than Hwang, supposedly to justify learning more material from him.
    This comes back to a point I said on another thread. I think this is more marketing. Every time i had talked with GM SIn The' he reffered to Ie as his Grandfather. It was certain people in the org. that denied it.

Sin even promoted himself from 4th degree black to 10th degree after attending a Karate tournament where there were lots of 8th and 9th degrees present. He felt he was better than them all and so he promoted himself to out-rank them.
    Never heard this until, Sin had a falling out with another club in Kentucky.

The group that went to China and performed for the Shaolin monks embarrassed themselves. The whole story about someone telling them their style is "very old" was the Chinese way of saving face instead of just laughing at them.
    Your bastardized version of a story by Gene Ching of KFO. Hell USSD went and no one says they embarrased themselves you just hate SD.

The Soard family paid $2,000 to have a steele erected at Shaolin in honor of Sin (anyone can buy one these), and then proceeded to tell all their students that Shaolin DONATED the steele in honor of Sin's dedication and contribution to Shaolin Kung Fu.
    Yep. Here is the story the way it started. All they ever said was they were given a free one (this has happened with other arts) they paid for a better one. Then STUDENTS trying to defend themselves started throwing it around and got proven wrong.

Then, they paid to have a steele erected at Chen village because Sin The' teaches a Chen style Fan Form. Only, the problem is Chen style doesn't have a fan form. So, the village put the steele in the wrong place, out of sight, and it made Sin and his group mad and there was a big to-do about it.
    Chen does have a fan form.

I'm all for busting BS. Hell I'm investigating myself trying to check some stuff out. But, don't rearrange stories to make it sound worse. It does it on its own all by itself.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Chen does have a fan form.
    Not everyone doing Chen style tai chi will do things as they are done in the village. Consulting from my historic tai chi bible Complete Tai Chi by Dan Docherty when he visited the Chen village (presumably in the 70's / 80's) they practiced with
    single sabre
    double sabre
    single sword
    double sword
    double mace
    pear blossum spear
    white ape staff
    spring halberd
    and autum halberd.
    Which makes you wonder when they had time to do some real training.
    No mention is made of fan forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast