Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 1:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey. The_Fan. Don't post anymore questions you want to ask until you have done your interview. The more you ask the more they report. There are people who treat it like a cult. It is their life and they will do anything to sabatoge you trying to get any info. It may be harder now because they are going to be on the look out for any new comer addressing GM Sin The'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 2:08am

Style: SD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man I can't believe how some of you can screw things up. Guess this is how crap gets started.
    Ok, Master Sin's first instructor did sand burn. Another sand burn practioner burned his new born and it later died from the burns. After that occured his teacher wouldn't teach anymore.
    And The Fan, dude why do you come off as some dishonest A-hole? Couldn't you be nice instead of acting nice so you could trap him? To me that is being dishonest.
    Go ahead and be upfront with what and why you are asking him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 6:46am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wish to lay this melting babies claim to rest.

1. immersing one's hands in hot sand many times a day may thicken the skin to a certain extent, although the most significant effect would be the adaptation of the heat receptors of the skin to the heat and increase of pain treshold. It will not make the proteins of the cells of the cutaneous /subcutaneous tissue any more heat resistant. Provided the temperature of the tissue rises high enough, the proteins will still coagulate, which as a part of a cascade of reactions leads to the condition known as thermal injury/burns.
    2. If the baby was to be severely burned or "melted", the hands of the sorry kung-fu practitioner would've been pretty much toast too, no matter how many times a day he had previously shoved his scrawny metacarpals into the steaming sands.
    3. What kind of a MA dojo/gym has newborns lying around?

well, never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn, I guess.
    Last edited by Dr. No; 2/23/2005 6:49am at .

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 8:52am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flesh is not a good heat conductor guys. There is no way flesh would retain enough heat to cause fatal burns, even in a new born. So that story is complete and utter bullshit. No wonder shaolin do gets no respect.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well technically it could, but the flesh having retained enough heat (a'la turkey straight out of the oven) would be what I describe as severely burned. I reckon the guy would've had other things to worry about than grabbing newborns.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But that's more from the water inside the turkey than the flesh itself. So if you cooked your hands until the water in your skin was boiling hot and leaking out maybe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:23am

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdan28
    of course it does... it's Chinese, right?

Wrong. It's Indonesian Karate.

They didn't even start calling it Shaolin-Do until like 1983. Before then, it was Sin The's Karate.

His annual tournament is called Sin The's Karate Tournament.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...Sin The' would still call it a rooster if he could make some $ from it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:29am

Style: Chicken Choking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No
    Well technically it could, but the flesh having retained enough heat (a'la turkey straight out of the oven) would be what I describe as severely burned. I reckon the guy would've had other things to worry about than grabbing newborns.
    Indeed.
    Okay pretend I believe this (i.e. the baby statement). Pretend he can somehow get his hands hot enough to be able to do damage. Let's pretend that his hands are made of some magically flesh - as opposed to the kind that cooks when you put it on a hot-plate....like every other piece of flesh from every animal ever. Let's assume this hasn't destroyed his nerves and caused massive internal blistering to his muscles such that he can no longer use either.
    Actually I can't even pretend anymore. I know this is **** and you know this is ****.
    Anyone that seriously thinks this could even happen is either 14 and a pyromaniac or a retard. Any takers?

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got it, I solved the puzzle. Steam can cause fatal burns. So this is how it happened. Sensei McBullshit was sand burning his hands in lava, he continued to do this until all the water in his hands turned to super heated steam. Since the water expands when it becomes steam it was under tremendous pressure inside his skin. Upon lifting the infant a small split formed in his skin releasing this steam and he broiled the infant alive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 9:46am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward
    That's what you get for studying a 'do'. 'Do' means martial arts without the martial arts. Like Aiki-do. Ju-do. Karate-do. Shaolin-Do.
    You think judo isn't a martial art ?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast