Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 12:53am

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not out of context " out of your friends level of understanding" From what you say you do not have the DVD and can only rely on what your friend tells you. ( Right or wrong ? )which may be what he heard, ?? I dont know at this late hour. Maybe he fell asleep and dreamed it. Anyway, I ask you to disprove the History of the origin . your "beliefs" and "opinions do not interest me " To Quote a sit com " JUST THE FACTS MAM". Put up or shut up

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 12:55am

Style: Tang Soo Do, Sub. Wrest.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like he got you Samuel Browning... You've been Dragnetted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 1:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW I am such a slow typist I dont have time to present all of my points to make a valid enough argument. I know what I know maybe I can post it some time and let you pick apart one word or two to chang the meaning . but not the spirit of what I am saying

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 1:18am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwai chang
    I hope you guys are as good at fighting as you are at nitpicking. Aything can be taken out of context. My meaning was and is. You guys attack a style with out proof. Melting is a term and I too have seen the DVD.
    So you're saying melting is a term, though you are not denying that this term appears on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai chang
    Not out of context " out of your friends level of understanding" From what you say you do not have the DVD and can only rely on what your friend tells you. ( Right or wrong ? )which may be what he heard, ?? I dont know at this late hour. Maybe he fell asleep and dreamed it. Anyway, I ask you to disprove the History of the origin . your "beliefs" and "opinions do not interest me " To Quote a sit com " JUST THE FACTS MAM". Put up or shut up
    I'll provide the thread where the bullshido member tells this story in my next post. Sin said that the teacher had "melted" the baby. Interestingly neither you or any other Shaolin Do advocate has denied that Sin said he saw another teacher "melt" a baby. And normally it would be my burden to disprove an origin story unless it contains elements that are so ridiculous that it brings into question whether the speaker is oriented as to time and place. I find it interesting you won't quote Sin in his own words here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 1:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I confirmed my suspicion yes you are a Lawyer. I do not deny that it may have been spoken. Although What was meant can be lost in translation. Again though I ask you to Disprove the history, can you yes or no you say your style is research ryu then I ask you to research. Amazing how you totally avoided the challenge to put up or shut up. I do not care what was said by others if you are going to cut down some one then prove what you say or say nothing. Threads are not notarized or sworn statements . I can say anything. I can say Funakoshi did not teach karate and prove it. but viewpoint is just that a view point. Oh and by the way i think GM Sin was what 5 or 6 at that time maybe to a 5 year old it looked like he melted ever heard of spontaneous combustion ?

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 2:03am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...hlight=Shaolin

provides Antagony's account of what he heard Sin say.

If someone told you that he walked to the top of a mountain, sprouted wings and flew away, would you say that the only way you could disprove that this happened would have been to be present.

Sin is claiming something that goes against both common sense and the laws of nature. That someone could heat the bare flesh of their hands so hot, that while it would not harm them, it would produce immediate and terminal injury to an infant that they held.

At this point I don't need to provide the baby's death certificate, I can simply point out the impossibility of the story. Secondly, if this story is true, why is their apparantly not a single practicioner of this art who could replicate this feat today? (Hint, they could easily collect 1 million dollars from James Randi, by successfully displaying this talent, on some broiler, or stack of bacon.)

Is it because this skill was lost, or more likely because it never existed? As I said earlier here, if a person can carry out a particular feat, 100 years ago, then someone else should be able to replicate it today. Hey, there is no end of people who claim to be willing to show how they can do no-touch knockouts. (dillman) so why isn't someone showing this teachnique today. Kinda like Uri Galler and spoon bending. :)

As for spontanous combustion there is a nice argument over whether it exists. (See Vincent J. DiMaio, M.D. and Dominick DiMaio, M.D. "Forensic Pathology, 2nd Ed" (CRC Press, 2001) "This section would not be complete without mention of spontanous human combustion. This concept is absurd and warrants no further discussion." (p. 382)

However even if these Forensic Pathologist are wrong and SC does exist, it is extremely rare. Even its advocates The odds that a baby would explode into flame at that particular time independant of Mr. hot hands, is against all odds. I though however the spontanous argument argument was precluded because the point of the story was that there was causation. Mr Hot Hand's caused the baby's traumatic injury through not appreciating the depth of his own powers.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 3:33am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look by now He has been in the states long enough to understand the difference between melt and burn.

SD has enough problems with ou you throwing in SC. I thought of that also and laughed. I have been waiting years to hear that excuse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 8:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i READ WHAT YOUR BOY SAID ON HIS STATEMENT. Hes totally confused. You would take the ravings of an opinionated 7 month training person over doing your own research. I would hope you would be able to do better than that. again I say Mr Fake and Mr Browning prove it. This isnt Civil Court where you go with the whim of a judge not the facts. You are the ones saying something is Fake then back up what you say. and please dont get back on this melting thing, you cant see the forest for the tree. I want empirical evidence not he said she said. Because you guys dont have the wear with all to do something greater than 6-8 months please dont try to project your short comings on others by trying to degrade them. If you guys think the stuff in Shaolin do is not authentic then prove it. You guys avoid the main point by aiming at all the other things that are irrevelant. There is good counseling for people with avoidance issues. ANYONE CAN BE TRAINED TO NIT PICK and to refocus the croud sort of like slight of hand. You guys talk alot and say nothing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 8:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way liquid nitrogen has the ability to burn yet it is cold. Mix chlorine with ammonia the chemical reaction can kill you. both cleaning products. mix sulfer with coal among other things voila gun powder. Sand burn is not the act of heating in the conventional way. Try thinking outside the box.

Chemically unstable.

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to get a written account of what was said (either reportedly or otherwise) with regard to the sand-burn teacher incident, it is available in Sin The's book "Shaolin-Do:Secrets from the Temple" by James R. Halladay.

It's been some time since I had a copy in my hands for reference, but from what I remember it states that when Sin The' was 7(?) or so, he was (or was about to begin) training under a burning-sand-hand teacher when news got out about a teacher (a different one, I believe) from a nearby village absent-mindedly taking into his hands an infant after immedaitely removing his hands from the burning sand. The infant supposedly subsequently died from exposure to the extreme heat. I don't remember hearing anything about a melting.

It goes on to describe how burning-sand-hand training was carried out (in none too much detail) and implies that over time and repeated exposure to the extreme temperatures the hands become hard like the head of a spear and can be used in a like manner. It also has a section about poison-hand training, involving soaking one's hand(s) in a bowl of poison for longer and longer periods of time until the tissues are saturated and even a scratch can immobilize an opponent. Or even kill! I think it said something about these training methods falling out of favor because they made having a 'normal' family life impossible.

I can see it now-

"Honey, can you pass me the beans?"

"Sure. ****! Sorry..."

"Gurgle."
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast