Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 8:34pm

Style:  Ultra-Vicious Jailhouse

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright someone has got to say this. GM The never claimed to melt a baby. From what I understand when he frist began learning MA, he was learning under a Sand Burn or whatever teacher. They would stick their hands into burning sand to toughen the skin and tissues. Another teacher from another sand burn school accidently picked up his grandson without thinking and BURNED the child severely enough to kill it. I highly doubt that he meant that the kid actually melted, probably just used the wrong word. His teacher stopped teaching and this is how he came to learn under Ie Chang Ming.

I'm sure this is just going to start a flame war.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullrog
    Alright someone has got to say this. GM The never claimed to melt a baby. From what I understand when he frist began learning MA, he was learning under a Sand Burn or whatever teacher. They would stick their hands into burning sand to toughen the skin and tissues. Another teacher from another sand burn school accidently picked up his grandson without thinking and BURNED the child severely enough to kill it. I highly doubt that he meant that the kid actually melted, probably just used the wrong word. His teacher stopped teaching and this is how he came to learn under Ie Chang Ming.

Because it sounds like absolute bs?
    Yep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 8:49pm

Style: Hung Ga Gung Fu + Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does SD actually originate from the Shaolin Temple? If so, since when did Grandmasters have children or even grandchildren. I thought they were supposed to be monks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 9:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Does SD actually originate from the Shaolin Temple?"
    Chances are, hell no.

"accidently picked up his grandson without thinking and BURNED the child severely enough to kill it"
    I'm guessing it would have to be 2nd-3rd degree burns to most of the body to kill it? So this guys hands were supposedly this hot and he forgot about it? Sounds like propaganda of the un-true kind.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 11:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Fan

Any suggestions on how to get the interview? What to ask if I do get it? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, whip out your favorite martial arts weapon and say in your best Samuel L. Jackson impersonation:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrranys of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengence upon thee!"
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullrog

if one were to pray to buddha one would say 'thank you! for the fodder'
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by parthenon
    Does SD actually originate from the Shaolin Temple? If so, since when did Grandmasters have children or even grandchildren. I thought they were supposed to be monks.
    of course it does... it's Chinese, right? Any case, those monks were pimps masters... got all kinda sex goin down, you heard the joke about the airplane prop, right?... oh, wait, that was about nuns. Anyway, chinese monks got the freak on... ever heard of Monkey Steals Peach? wicked!!
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

Easily Duplicated

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 11:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Folk and Jazz fusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think The' said that it was his master who picked up the baby, and it actually melted the skin. It should be on the DVD you can buy here in Austin.
    [MMA] arguments do not exist, after all, for people to believe in them, rather they serve as a common, agreed-upon excuse. Foolish people who take them in earnest sooner or later discover inconsistencies in them, begin to protest and finish finally and infamously as heretics.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 11:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badandy
    Re: Melting Babies

Are you guys fuckin' serious? That's got to be one of the stupidest, albeit coolest, things I've ever heard. Why the hell would anyone want to be associated with that stupid mofo?...much less actually give them money. No offence to The_Fan, I'm refering to the more hardcore SD people. Honestly, what could possibly justify that? I think I'd opt for Muay Thai or something even if SD people were the best fighters on the planet.

Right SD has some major problems. What is funny is a guy claiming Chinese Kenpo is dissing SD. I've met some decent kenpo It is your linneage is just as weird in some cases.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/23/2005 12:11am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck on your history thesis. I hated doing mine.

I went to a school of Shaolin=Do in Arizona and couldn't believe my eyes. the guy was cool but obviously misguided. the funny but sad thing was how he tried to believe it was true: "I've checked the katas in other systems, and they look the same." The explanation for the kung-fu-gi-wardrobe went something like this: "we use gis because they last longer." Although this could be a good reason, except for the diehard kung-fu person, other things did not.

The head instructor told me that they knew all the styles of kung-fu. repeat: aaaaaaaallllll the styyyyyyyyyyyyylleeeeeeessss of kung-fuuuuuu. I couldn't believe it. he showed me a notebook with a listing of styles and forms; for example, seven star praying mantis (all the forms), southern praying mantis (all the forms) and so on and so forth with practically every style of kung fu. I thought this is not good 'cause all you're gonna learn is forms and no applications. But according to the head instructor: "It looks like a lot of material, but it just takes time." Well, I thanked him and watched the rest of the class before I walked out... never to return.

Another thing was the mixing of movements. They were doing a tai chi form but at the end bowed like karate (double fisted hard salute at the hip when bowing).

My advice is that you find all the information possible, watch some classes and get the intro. to the style (like I did) at another location before visiting the school where kwan sin the will visit.

ask questions such as:

1. what styles do you know or teach? what's he gonna say? all of them?!

2. how is the curriculum divided?

3. why did you train with different instructors?

4. why do you wear gi? he might say the story about disguising kung fu as karate because it was illegal in some country (possibly where he grew up). then ask how was that supposed to fool the govt. of said country.

5. do you teach killing techniques? :icon_twis

overall, ask simple questions and then wait for his answer. Once you get him to talk, it'll be easy to discern problems and keep digging. You might even make up some story about him doing a supernatural feat and then ask him to see his reaction.

well, hope this helps

attentively,

perdido88
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast