Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2005 11:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Worst site ever

ok, the story can go on for ages about this website so i will keep it short.
    FUCKING TERRIBLE WEBSITE worst and now u can have you say at exposing the bullshit at the pages forums. Please i beg u go to www.mainformation.cjb.net to enter type in kardinal. seek out the forums and get ready for the **** to hit the fan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    melting babies, not possible

burning babies after practicing what sounds like iron palm practice, not possible

I mean, how can your hands burn someone else and not feel any pain or heat?

this is another b.s. about spraying "chi" like laser from the hands.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 12:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashster
    FUCKING TERRIBLE WEBSITE worst and now u can have you say at exposing the bullshit at the pages forums. Please i beg u go to www.mainformation.cjb.net to enter type in kardinal. seek out the forums and get ready for the **** to hit the fan
    OK first off read the damn Noobie FAQ, its theyre for a reason. Once you read the noobie faq, you can do things right and make a new thread. In this thread you can present the website you cited and REASONS WHY U THINK ITS BULLSHIDO. Dont just write it, say it sucks and then hardy har har. Those ppl made that site because "there are too many websites and forums where you get bashed for your own opinions" (or something like that). You are a noob who helps contribute to bad reps for forums like this one.

welcome to bullshido

now get the **** out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 2:07am

Style: Face-to-foot style!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    My Muay Thai coach did say the traditional punching techniques of MT are inferior to those of western boxing. To be fair he has never been to Thailand, but he does know his job, so I trust him.
    Really? So hyperextending your arm for full power really is effective? And it doesn't destroy your elbow joint? This technique so commonly emphasized in modern combat systems does work, but much of the force will be absorbed into the elbow, which snaps when fully extending the arm, eventually causing unfavorable damage to the joint.

I do belive that Muay Thai is somewhat superior to this, though. You usually see this in wushu (which is ok, since it's not about power) and generic karate dojos.

The techniques of old are quite superior to modern ones. The only catch is that they take FOREVER to get right, and I suppose that fact supports your coach's viewpoint. Barely anyone has the time anymore to devote their entire life to mastering a traditional martial art. It's just not possible in today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdido88
    melting babies, not possible

burning babies after practicing what sounds like iron palm practice, not possible

I mean, how can your hands burn someone else and not feel any pain or heat?

this is another b.s. about spraying "chi" like laser from the hands.
    I agree. But next time, actually bother to read some of the posts in a thread (especially one this massive) before you post yourself. You'll find that hundreds of people have already said what you said. This goes for everyone. At least say that you didn't want to read the bazillion pages.

Because people don't bother to scroll back a few pages, I'll reiterate some things, along with new ones:

I hung out with GM The' for a few days, since my uncle runs the San Jose CSC. I can make a few comments about his character. First off, stories like the baby-melting one are complete and total BS. If you ask him yourself, he'll probably avoid the question (because he's realized by now it sounds absurd). Sin The' is actually a man of credible character (they say so in some old magazine periodicals, and this is also a side effect of aging), and very easy to get along with.

He is undoubtedly a master of TMA, although by now it's impossible to prove what style. The thing about 1000+ forms is actually possible, depending on what you mean by "forms." If you mean a form as in a set with a bunch of techniques and patterns in it, then the statement is credible. If you mean "form" as in Dragon Form or Tiger-Crane Twin Form Fist, then it isn't humanly possible. The latter usage of form refers to a style (usually animal), such as Praying Mantis or the other two mentioned. It can take a lifetime just to master one. 900 is just... no.

Again, some people really need to read the posts before them before they post themselves. When you post, it even shows a whole bunch of recent posts. READ THEM!!!!111!!!!

And now that hedgehogey has returned, we can now pester him again.

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO DAMNIT WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST IT :BangHead:
    Last edited by mewarmo990; 3/09/2005 2:13am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 2:16am

Style: Face-to-foot style!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashster
    FUCKING TERRIBLE WEBSITE worst and now u can have you say at exposing the bullshit at the pages forums. Please i beg u go to www.mainformation.cj b.net to enter type in kardinal. seek out the forums and get ready for the **** to hit the fan
    Seriously, Trashster, if you made an account at Bullshido just to diss the website, then leave. If you are going to bitch about it, then make your own thread like EternalRage told you to. Don't bother us with your incoherent rantings, n00b.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 8:52am

Style: shaolin-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Would anyone in the Shaolin Do organization be able to exhibit this unique skill? If they can, James Randi has a $1,000,000 challenge. Hmmm, by successfully recruiting and representing the challenger in their pre-test negotiations with Randi, I think you could legitimately charge a hefty legal fee. (For example charging your customary hourly fee for flying to NYC). So Judge, how would you like to produce a baby melter? I'm sure he could perform his talents legally in front of Randi by melting a pig.
    This was before Sin The started learing under his SD teacher. Sorry, no one that I know of can do this. :razz:

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990
    Really? So hyperextending your arm for full power really is effective? And it doesn't destroy your elbow joint? This technique so commonly emphasized in modern combat systems does work, but much of the force will be absorbed into the elbow, which snaps when fully extending the arm, eventually causing unfavorable damage to the joint.

I do belive that Muay Thai is somewhat superior to this, though. You usually see this in wushu (which is ok, since it's not about power) and generic karate dojos.

The techniques of old are quite superior to modern ones. The only catch is that they take FOREVER to get right, and I suppose that fact supports your coach's viewpoint. Barely anyone has the time anymore to devote their entire life to mastering a traditional martial art. It's just not possible in today's society.
    I have no experience with traditional MT punches, we use western boxing techniques at my gym. But according to what my coach said, those techniques are a bit wing chunish, which isn´t good. At all.

And as I remember, boxers can fight up to their forties, and when they retire this has little if anything to do with joint damage.

As for the good old days, I refer to my signature.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 10:25am

Style: Flower Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by locu5
    I can only judge his worth by the quality of his MA (I have only seen him move a couple times and was impressed) and the quality of the instructors and martial artists he has produced in my sifu and his teacher.

So what exactly about his movement in the "Shao-Lin Grandmaster" video here impresses you?

http://www.shao-lin.com/Category.cfm?CategoryID=13

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing in particular, but I also dislike mantis forms in general. Within the framework of mantis forms and systems, what is wrong with his motions (I am not qualified to give criticism on any mantis material)?

If I may it seems the principal concern with SD is GM The. I am not his apologist and I do not speak for him. I am only trying to relay, honestly, my impressions based on the criteria I gave. I would also reiterate that I could care less about the system's material, history, or reputation; the invitation to visit my school or speak with my instructor stands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2005 12:49pm

Style: The Jits & Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Masterkiller, Talk is cheap! --

Cassio Werneck Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Style: TAP OUT 101. Cassio is a great instructor. However, I never trained Muay Thai. But it is something I want to do. I have trained with people with a lot of experience in it and can attest to its strengths. However, I did undertake a lot of training in Choy Li Fut Kung Fu -- Doc Fai Wong, Traditional Kenpo, Okinawan Goju Ryu under Teruo Chinen, Tae Kwon Do under H.K. Lee. I also trained extensively in H2H in the military. US Navy SEALs. Shawn Austin, BUD/S class 177. I have been doing martial arts my whole life.
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast