Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Amateur Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 3:47pm

Style: Judo/BehriBJJ/Muay/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 50%protien (and at least 2grams per pound of lean body mass LBM) 20% carb and 30% fat diet is a good one multiply your desired body weight by 12 so 172x12=about 2000 calories a day to lose weight drop it by 100 calories a day, this helps mantain strength, multiply by 15 to maintain weight and 18 to gain weight, there is a protien supplement called "Natures Best Zero Carb" it has 50 grams of protien and 0 carbs, it also has 4.6 grams of Glutamine which helps with protien synthisis and promotes muscle healing, and it has only 150 calories. I hope this helps. Just so you know I train at 184 to 186 and fight at 170. Good luck... Kris 5'10" 184lbs 5.2%bf

P.S. use water to rehydrate not gatorade it can make you cramp up. add a little salt it helps (you lose body salt when cutting water) and definatly carb up after weigh-in unless you dont have more than 5 hours before fight time. you dont want to have a full somach, so eat light.

And last but not least if you want to fight like a pro you have to get your training AND diet in shape as well. Learn what your body fat is and where you want to be with it, learn what to eat and how to eat, learn your ratios ie.protien, carb, and fat. and use supplements, if you need any information I have tons of it.. Kris H...
    Last edited by ORION_SOG; 3/06/2005 11:17pm at . Reason: p.s.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has to be the most dangerous piece of advise I have ever read on Bullshido.
    To advocate the use of diuretics ( even herbal ones ) to loose 8lbs before a fight is madness. To go further and suggest to replace electrolytes by drinking water with sodium chloride ( I assume that what you mean by "salt") just means that you haven't got a clue , which electrolytes you actually loose when on diuretics.
    Many of the herbal diuretics make you loose potassium and magnesium, which are quite important for your muscle contractility. Yes you may loose some weight but you will end up with de-hydrated muscles in a disturbed electrolyte enviroment.

Orion Sog - this might work for you or has worked in the past. But to suggest to other people to follow such practice over the internet is just irresponsible.
    This is the sort of advice which should be deleted by the mods.
    Last edited by AFS; 3/06/2005 11:35pm at .

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 10:28pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with AFS competely here.
    Thats overkill.

Amateur Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    3/06/2005 11:35pm

Style: Judo/BehriBJJ/Muay/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do apologize for the information that I provided earlier, you are right. As I dont know his age nor do I know his experience in competition, and that and you should always be under supervision when doing this kind of dropping. So I took it upon my self to edit the earlier post.

As far as do I know what I am talking about in the regard to nutrition, and weight managment, that is one area that I do know very well. As I am the Asst. Coach to the U.S. National Ju-Jitsu team, and a former team member.

The SALT I was refering to is Sea salt, as it has potasium and magnesium as well as many other minerals (never sodium chloride or table salt as it is entirely too refined) or an electrolyte replacement pack. And once again I failed to clarify that.

I do apologize and thank you for bringing it to my attention, forgive my haste as I replied as I would to one of my own, but without discussion of consequence.

Thanks Kris

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    3/11/2005 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AFS
    Just an interesting aspect with regards to that.
    And yes, another colourful way of saying TBM is correct:
    I have an old East German Judo Book published first in 1989.
    It is referring to your different types of Nutrition. With regards of "cutting down" pre comp:
    Here they advocate to reduce the kilojoule contend to roughly a third of your normal diet.
    They suggest to divide your food into
    42% Protein
    30% Fat
    18 % of Carbs.
    Which is pretty much a low carb diet.
    These guys knew their stuff way ahead before anybody else.
    Where does the other 8% go?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2005 11:52pm

Style: brazilian jazz dance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean 10%?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    3/14/2005 12:03am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always had good results with a no-starch diet. Just eat meat, fruits, and veggies, and avoid all types of starches: rice, pasta, breads, potatoes, and the like. Eat six small meals a day and drink plenty of water. What I also did if you want to try it (I still do actually), is maintain my diet five days a week. On the sixth day, I can eat whatever I want that day (or drink if I want to) but in moderation. On the seventh day, I essentially fast: nothing but vegetable juice, tea, and water all day long.

I got great definition from it and lost a lot of body fat %. At one point my abs were so cut fuzzies from my hoodies would get stuck in them and I'd have to clean them out with a Q-tip. I don't follow that routine much anymore as I no longer fight in matches, just spar, but it's worth a shot.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12