Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2005 10:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone ever get a misaligned fibula?

I rolled my ankle off of some high-heeled shoes back in July. I went to a foot doctor, and he claimed nothing was wrong with me, because the x rays didn't show a fracture. Thanks, doc.

I went to a physical therapist, who actually took some time with me, and he reckoned that I had torn the muscles in my foot that keep my fibula stuck in my ankle joint. So now, I have to take a piece of ultra-strong Leukotape and wrap it around my ankle and leg to get the bone to stay in place. It feels better now than it did when I first got injured, but it's still a long way from being perfect.

I can move my foot up and down without a problem, but I can't curl my foot inwards without pushing the bone back in, and this often causes serious physical discomfort and/or pain.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it ever healed all the way...

*sigh*

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    2/20/2005 12:28am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I had this happen, they had to amputate.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 11:53pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    When I had this happen, they had to amputate.

I imagine you doing seduction-fu with one leg, the image is humerous :occasion1
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 2:46am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mind the doofuses, they don't really mean any harm.

I don't think I've had that unique problem, but my feet like, apprently, move around on my ankles more than they're supposed to. Gotta love soccer. Makes for a fun party trick, at least.

If it makes it wacky, don't do it, obviously. (too lazy to find a dunce-cap image) It's because I'm blonde, I swear.

So, anyway, listen to your PT. Use what you need to to support it. In my experience, ankle injuries are more vulnurable to re-injury than anything I've hurt. Don't mess around with leg ****. You only get two, until you're 50, and then they'll start replacing them every few years. Mwahaha, I'll probably end up with a new knee at like 25.

Did I have a point? Oh well. Listen to those who actually know what they're talking about.
    You're just JEALOUS!

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 3:46am

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm confused. Theres 3 tendons connected to the bottom of the Fibula. 2 are connected to the Talus, and 1 is connected to the Calcaneous...Did you tear all three or what?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 3:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reikon
    I'm confused. Theres 3 tendons connected to the bottom of the Fibula. 2 are connected to the Talus, and 1 is connected to the Calcaneous...Did you tear all three or what?

I'm really not sure. I think all the PT could tell was that something wasn't right in there. The doctor was so damned worthless for anything (he made me wait in his stupid little office for a whole hour)... I had to do exercises to strengthen the muscles around the ankle area, which I imagine was supposed to help keep it stuck in there? I also had to practice standing on one foot, with my eyes closed, to help gain stability. I stopped going to the PT, which was silly on my part, but I felt like it was making it worse to walk around campus all day, and then go screw it up at the appointments.

But, on the bright side, my order of Leukotape came in today, and I can just tape my leg together! hoorah!

I will probably make another doctor's appointment, but to someone who won't dick me around.

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 4:11am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You realize that tendons connect a bone to a muscle right? That means if two connect to the Talus, and one to the Calcaneous, then none of them attach to the fibula, right?
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:18pm

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    You realize that tendons connect a bone to a muscle right? That means if two connect to the Talus, and one to the Calcaneous, then none of them attach to the fibula, right?
    Yeah, I just didnt' know the name of the muscle :x (I probably should've checked in Gray's Anatomy before I replied eh?)

Posted On:
    2/23/2005 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Did you include the story about your stilettos in your new book?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2005 1:44am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Yeah, I just didnt' know the name of the muscle :x (I probably should've checked in Gray's Anatomy before I replied eh?)"

Judging from your description of the injury and the mechanism of it, you have probably torn your ATF (Anterior TaloFibular ligament). The calcaneofibular ligament may also be damaged.

NOTE: these are ligaments, connecting bone with bone.

I'm not an expert on this field.. yet ( ask me again in 5 years..)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast