Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 2:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it gay that people are still on this strikers vs grapplers thing.

“To be a well-rounded fighter, you must possess the ability to srtike and grapple. Using punching to compliment your grappling and ground-fighting skills is very important.” - Rickson Gracie 1998.

my kung fu eeeeeees better than yours!

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 4:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding eyepoking, biting, and groin kicking...

If you can do it, I'm sure the grappler can too!
    Its not like only your "art" hast he ability to do such things; and these arts don't even teach that stuff anyway.

Besides, I doubt the grappler can't do stand up, and people really don't realize how hard it can be to bend your knee the wrong way to kick someone shooting for a takedown... if they were so stupid as to ignore their training and do something that would leave them open. But I'm not going to go into the many kinds of grappling, takdowns, trips, and throws here.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 7:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote:How about throat crushing? Did you know how easy it is to crush a man's throat with your bare hands? I learned some of this while I was in the marines.

Yes. It's very easy to do when they let you do it. Try it on a resisting opponent and you will have problems. When I was in the Navy, I knew some marines and experienced their "line training" first hand. I was totally unimpressed and let that fact be known. The marines in question weren't too happy with that and when I challenged the effectiveness of their various techniques, including the dreaded "throat crushing", they were schooled. I'm not some kind of superfighter or anything like that, either.

Quote: Do you think Chad would appreciate it if I stick my sharpened thumbnail into his eye when he shoots it?

Would you appreciate it when he picks you up and dumps you on your head before you can do it and then proceeds to gouge your eyes out while your pinned?

Quote: How about if I chomp into a part of his body as he's grappling me? Also, tell him not to wear a protective cup because my main target is a good clean strike between the legs.

Good luck with that bite attack. You'll need it when he has you pinned to the ground, beating the **** out of you. I'm sure he wouldn't wear a cup if you asked him, The kick that you throw at him there will make it that much easier for him to take you down.

Do you realize how easy it is to pound on someone's nuts that you have pinned in side control?

BTW: Reilly; Is Chad from Duluth, Georgia?

A.K.A MEAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 9:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Donkeypenis,

About throat Crushing.

LOL!

You really are a moron and an ignoramus about true combat aintcha? LOL! I understand because you are one of those guys who think victory in NHB determines true combat experience. LOL!

The throat crush works. It is very easy to pull off. All it takes is a little training.

Most people know this technique but the reason they can't do it successfully is because for one, the guy doing it probably didn't even try to REALLY crush your throat because he didn't want to kill you and send you to your grave.

Also, this kind of technique takes training.

Imagine you learn how to kick, and that is all you do. You just learn it and don't bother hitting the bag. What good is the kick without power? It is nothing but a form.

Same goes for the throat crush. You must develop strength in your fingers so when you want it, it's there. I have trained my hands to the point that they are powerful enough that the fingers can crush walnuts.

So imagine I get a hold of someone's thraot? All it takes is a simple thought and it's over.

Also this kind of thing is relatively simple to pull off especially when fighting a grappler.

As for Chad,

I will take on Chad. Tell him to come down to Los Angeles. Who the hell wants to go out to his little redneck hick town anyway?

Tell that arrogant little biatch that if he's such a tough guy, to come down to LA. I am a traditional kung fu practicioner and I am willing to test my GONG FU against his NHB.

My style is a Shaolin knife style. So, I will bring a knife. Chad is also welcome to bring a knife of his own ok.

Or if Chad wants to bring a gun, he is welcome to do so because I doubt he has ever faced any gun fire, or even worse, maybe he never even fired a gun.

MOst of you guys are nothing but wannabe warriors. This website is ridiculously fun because I always get a good laugh from all you tough guys.

As for the guys in here who have experienced true martial combat, congratulations!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 9:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote: The throat crush works. It is very easy to pull off. All it takes is a little training.

Have you ever done it? How would you know!? If you are truly close enough to try such a technique, you are in a grappler's territory. You may think you can "crush his throat", but I guarantee a skilled grappler can lock you, choke you, hit you, gouge-bite-hair pull you (yes, we can do it too) that much easier.

Quote: "Imagine you learn how to kick, and that is all you do. You just learn it and don't bother hitting the bag. What good is the kick without power? It is nothing but a form."

Very true. Imagine you learn the "Throat Crush" without ever actually doing it. What good is doing this move without any real practice? It's nothing but a form. Cruhing a walnut (pretty impressive if you can really do it) and someone's throat are 2 different things.

Yes, NHB is a real fight. Is it a streetfight? No. But if you can't fight in the ring, what makes you think you can in the street?

By the way, next time you want to post, try to do so without slinging pointless personal insults. It makes your very well written response turn sickeningly stupid.

A.K.A MEAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Idiot!

I dedicated 10 years of my life to the service, and I've fought in real hand to hand combat skirmishes which my life depended on.

I fought for the country. You were in the Navy? Then what's your beef soldier? You of all people should know what works and what's for real!

Or maybe you just watch too much TV

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote: "Idiot!"

Here we go again...

Quote: "You were in the Navy? Then what's your beef soldier?"

I don't have one. It seems that you are the one that has a problem with me.

Quote: "You of all people should know what works and what's for real!"

Yes, I do. Boxing, Wrestling, Submissions, Brazilian Jujitsu, Shooto, Muay Thai, Jeet Kune Do, Kickboxing, Kyokushinkai are only a few that work for real.

Bring a knife into it, and you'll probably beat any one of them unless they land a lucky punch or somehow manage to disarm you. When armed with a knife, I don't think anyone on this forum will disagree that you have such a distinct advantage that you will beat or kill even any skilled NHB fighter, especially when you have been trained with knives.

If you really want to challenge soemone with your knife fighting skill, go to the Phillipines or Indonesia. You may learn something there but I must say that I really can't comment on your knife fighting style. I've never seen it.

You're wrong about one thing. I don't watch too much T.V. I wish I did but I'm too busy working.

A.K.A MEAT

Edited by - Mr. Donkeypenis on August 08 2002 11:20:46

Edited by - Mr. Donkeypenis on August 08 2002 11:22:15

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >I dedicated 10 years of my life to the service, and I've fought in real hand to hand combat skirmishes which my life depended on.

Where, When, and with Whom (your unit and the pple you were fighting against.)

Who was your CO. What was name of the mission?

Curious.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  9. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 2:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crushing someone's windpipe would be easy. You don't see it in the UFC because its illegal - but think back to all those guys Vitor Belfort pounded on with quick hands before they could do anything. He could have just as easily landed punches to the throat and neck.

Tank Abbot, same thing .. only a little slower.

The thing is though .. its hard to really crush the windpipe. You will most likely just cause the muscles around it to tense up and cause choking and ghasping. It would be better to go for the artery on either side of the neck to halt the blood flow to the brain with a solid stike or maybe even break the neck. That might require a set up since it doesn't shoot down the center line.

10. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/08/2002 2:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but wait, a punch to the throat can damage the windpipe fairly seriously ~ seriously enough to at least be a good set up for that strike to the side of the neck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast