Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Which tournament which division which weight class?
    BROWN - Senior 2 - Male
    Light
    FIRST Jeffrey Kim - Team Curran
    SECOND Bryan Mykel Barrick - Carlson Gracie Team

http://www.subcultureusa.com/blog/ib...013-gi-results

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 1:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the guy competed with Team Curran of http://www.teamcurran.com/
    Yet Kyuki Do gets credit for it awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 1:30pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeff knows Traditional Judo / Jujutsu which in my opinion is way more effective in a real battle compared to sport BJJ. Its great to know BJJ and is a reason we all train in it but its missing old Martial aspects. I used his results as an example of a Kyuki-do practitioner. Kyuki-do is a blend of alot of different teachings. Jeff Curran comes and hosts seminars at Kyuki-do schools. He even has taken some of it and uses it in his school. So telling me Kyuki-do has crap martial artists isn't going to fly with me. I will defend it. I have 20 years in other martial arts and gladly train in Kyuki-do as it fills holes in my knowledge.

This is my last post as its apparent this board it around to dis others schools so you can feel better about your own. (Insert middle finger here)

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 1:42pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight_sun View Post
    Jeff knows Traditional Judo / Jujutsu which in my opinion is way more effective in a real battle compared to sport BJJ.
    An opinion that has not stood up well to real scrutiny. One typically based on not having an understanding of the "sport" game and how it actually applies to combative situations.

Its great to know BJJ and is a reason we all train in it but its missing old Martial aspects.
    Such as?

I used his results as an example of a Kyuki-do practitioner.
    Which was a poor choice as it was largely dishonest. He is a BJJ practitioner that competed with his BJJ team. He didn't compete as a Kyuki-do practitioner he didn't use Kyuki-do skill set.

Kyuki-do is a blend of alot of different teachings.
    Thats neat but from what we can see in the videos the don't do any of them well.

Jeff Curran comes and hosts seminars at Kyuki-do schools. He even has taken some of it and uses it in his school.
    These are 2 different statements one is he makes some extra money by coming in and teaching the other isn't backed up at all when you cruise through http://www.teamcurran.com/

So telling me Kyuki-do has crap martial artists isn't going to fly with me. I will defend it.
    It is great you're trying to defend it, but you have yet to provide any proof as to its efficacy. YOU provided videos of absolute crap. The fact that you can't tell that what they where doing is crap.

I have 20 years in other martial arts and gladly train in Kyuki-do as it fills holes in my knowledge.
    If you have 20 years of experience with other martial arts and can not tell that those videos were full of sloppy striking and grappling then your experience doesn't mean ****.

This is my last post as its apparent this board it around to dis others schools so you can feel better about your own. (Insert middle finger here)
    How I feel about my school has nothing to do with how shitty other schools are. My school competes it does well at competitions I know its a good school as a result of this.

If your school is good it shouldn't be a hard thing to prove. You have offered up the best evidence it sucks by posting videos of it sucking. Now you try to prove its good by pointing a good BJJ instructor that sometimes comes in and teaches (for what I am sure is an extra fee for you guys). Yeah why not just go to http://www.teamcurran.com/ to begin with?

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 1:44pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can insert said finger up your arse.

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 1:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeff knows Traditional Judo / Jujutsu which in my opinion is way more effective in a real battle compared to sport BJJ.
    Upon what "real battle" experience do you make this claim?

Its great to know BJJ and is a reason we all train in it but its missing old Martial aspects.
    Such as...?

I used his results as an example of a Kyuki-do practitioner.
    He competed as a BJJ practitioner in a BJJ-ruleset tourney. Exactly what is it, about this situation, that you do not understand?

Kyuki-do is a blend of alot of different teachings.
    So is international cooking. So what?

Jeff Curran comes and hosts seminars at Kyuki-do schools. He even has taken some of it and uses it in his school.
    Such as what, specifically?

So telling me Kyuki-do has crap martial artists isn't going to fly with me.
    What does or does not "fly with you" is utterly inconsequential--except perhaps to you.

I will defend it.
    You might want to start doing so. Hasn't happened yet.

I have 20 years in other martial arts and gladly train in Kyuki-do as it fills holes in my knowledge.
    Felicitations on having spent twenty years building holes in your knowledge. Further congratulations on filling these orifices with cookie dough.

(Insert middle finger here)
    Cookie-dough insertion methodology noted. So...do you smooth the process along with sunflower oil, shortening or butter?

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 2:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The martial insanity in this clips has left me totally speechless. What these people does is not BS, is terrorism.

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 3:07pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    The martial insanity in this clips has left me totally speechless. What these people does is not BS, is terrorism.
    Warning you may not want to watch these videos than

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 3:20pm

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    End of the middle video, please tell me I'm mistaken, because I swear it looked like he was about to do tameshigiri with a pool noodle.

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 3:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also in what way shape or form was that a "tournament"?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast