Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    5/18/2006 7:24am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My last post really wasn't worded how I wanted it. I wasn't asking if a passive is as good as other warm ups but is it sufficient for stretching when your injured and don't have the mobilty to do a full warm up.

A few questions to go along with that:
    Should you even be stretching when your injured?
    If that is not a problem are there certain injuries where stretching would help speed the recovery process and ones that you wouldn't want to stretch?
    If you are stretching to help an injury do you want to stretch normally or not go as far or let your body tell you when to stop, do you want to incorporate heat, how long should you stretch for?
    In weightlifting, I don't think sudden, uncontrolled urination should automatically disqualify you.
    "Second place!, That's just a fancy word for losing."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2006 1:54am

Style: nothing at the moment..:(

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How would one manage or correct an instance of Anterior Pelvic Tilt, and would lower back pain be consistent with this? I have a lot of lower back pain and the description of Anterior Pelvic Tilt seems consistent with my posture. I'd like to figure out some exercises or stretches to correct this...

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    Roning PMed me and asked me to make a sticky worthy thread about stretching. Since there's no general Physical Training emblem, I gave it the science one. I'm not going to write the entire thing now. I'm going to start by describing a number of different types of stretching. I'll add more as time goes on. Feel free to ask questions or post ideas on what to add. Then maybe later I can consolidate everything into one major thread, or article or something. Massive rep please, this will take me a while.

Doesn't need to be done for long periods of time like static stretching. Continue until ROM gains cease, then stop.
    That's the first time I've found a helpful and informative item on stretching on the internet or anywhere, ever! Thank you!!!!

Posted On:
    6/30/2006 7:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    Where would you guys like me to go next? Applications of stretching methods? Examples of stretches? Commonly tight muscle groups and their related postural deviations, along with remedies? Or are there other areas you'd like me to cover?
    I'd like you to go to the airport, get a plane over here to Ireland and meet me at the indian restaurant in Maynooth, Co. Kildare around 8pm Sat night... you are a babe! (just had to say that... won't get creepy or anything, don't worry!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2006 11:33am

Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to pipe in with something... form counts. I have finally started to show progress on butterfly stretches, after years of going nowhere with them, b/c finally this year (I'm an old fart) somebody bothered to tell me that you have to keep your back straight like you're doing a deadlift.

Same thing with side splits. IF you let your toes go out further than your heels, you've locked down part of the hip joint, and you don't get any stretch.

Word to the wise, if you're just getting into this, I used to stretch for two hours every single night as a kid -- I could have been a freaking circus contortionist if I'd had somebody to give me that basic information on good form.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2006 1:36pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to do a full stretching routine, head to toe, in the morning. Gets the blood flowing, and I feel better (although strangely minorly physically fatigued . . .) throughout the day.

However, I seem to perform better at class/competition if I miss out on the stretching prior to. I never warm up with stretches prior to lifting.

Does anybody know of any studies related to the best time to stretch, in relation to activity?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2006 10:51am

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there an illustrated stretching book that you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 7:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello
    A question for Taebo Master; what stretches did you do to train for splits? I also do dancing and being able to do splits would be extremely helpfull.
    I've also read that to increase flexibility you have to hold the stretch whilst the muscle cools down. Is this true and if so how does it work?
    Great thread by the way, keep it coming! and I think that posting a stretching routine would be a great idea.
    :)

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    5/23/2007 7:30am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice Necro job,

6 months to the day.

The O.P. hasn't posted anything, at all, in 1 1/2 years.

< searches for zombie repellant >
    Last edited by FickleFingerOfFate; 5/23/2007 7:34am at .
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    5/24/2007 8:32am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast