Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 8:08am

Style: ITF Taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "And I love how fuckin CLEVER everyone here is....they all have this witty, snarky and razor sharp wit. Like your hilarious little"checklist""

Actually I found it quite amusing.

"**** you very much."

That sounds like something some shithead 16 year old white kid with too much money would say.

Merry Christmas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 4:13pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Brazilian JiuJitsu, Kali, Krav Maga, Boxing, Wrestling, Kick Boxing, Judo, Muay Thai, etc.

I doubt anyone here will decide an art for you, because it's not our place. Why don't you look up some martial arts and see which ones you're interested in] this is ture. a good start would be shotokan karate. make sure they with the jka or sjka. this would be a good start. hope i helped alittle

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 4:19pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take boxing or Judo, for my money.

If you also want to meet some girls, try kickboxing ; )
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously the best art is the one where you imitate a small tree animal and do heel pivot kicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 4:42am

Style: non right now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelbrink
    Superior.. well... the most superior art in my opinion would be:

Train boxing for handstrikes, thai boxing for kicks, knees and elbows.
    Wrestling for takedowns
    Bjj for ground work.

Make bjj or thai boxing youre main focus...

Have this as an occuption and compete alot....

Or buy a gun.

I think for a standard "average joe" guy boxing (for a girl that would be bjj) is the most superior defense system becuse it will help you in any defensive situation and it will be really good in the most common one: The barfight.

Thaiboxing is better if youre not afraid of the legal effects of your actions.... knees and elbows rock in small enclosed places.. like a crowded bar but could get you in trouble later with the law, and in some cultures could get you into trouble... you now what i mean.. the "fight like a man" bullshit argument....

Dont take judo,bjj or wrestling alone. All these are excellent mma competion arts... but they are not the best thing to ONLY know in a barfight.... you want your hands in a barfight and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
    why would using elbows and knees be considered so much worse law wise then just fists?
    also,if a person does do boxing or mt for hands and feet what is the best style for getting the ground self defense down,bjj or judo or wrestling or something else?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 10:53am

Style: WT/Xin Yi Liu He Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's very hard for us to tell you what art to take, unless you tell us what the Scouter says about your powerlevel. If it's below 9 000, you may get a tough time regardless of what style you take.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummingman
    why would using elbows and knees be considered so much worse law wise then just fists?
    also,if a person does do boxing or mt for hands and feet what is the best style for getting the ground self defense down,bjj or judo or wrestling or something else?
    Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Shut the **** up. Go box for a year. Just one lousy year. Then we can have this conversation again when you have some basis to understand what is going to be involved in being a more complete fighter. If you fail to go box for a year, you will be doomed to being a bullshit poser who tells people he just met that he "does martial arts". Welcome to mother fucking Bullshido.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasoul
    Here is my last noobish "ninja" question.

Where would I go to learn how to effectivly throw a shuriken.

Go into your backyard and practice throwing them. The vast majoriy of Americans that are into "Ninja" weapons don't know how to apply the proper technique to shuriken (bo-, senban, whatever). To learn to throw Bo shuriken quickly, you can google it and there are some decent pages. However, I have seen some Genbukan people that are better than most, so I'd have to say seek them out, or get a Genbukan shuriken vid.
    Here is a pretty good site:
    http://www.secrets-of-shuriken.com.au/index1.htm
    Plus, practice throwing playing cards or sturdy business cards by placing one finger flush with a long edge instead of just pinching one tip. Really snap your wrist back at the end of the throw (frisbee or backhand, underhand) to get more spin on it, this will aid in accuracy. Then, when you throw a proper shuriken, being rather thin metal, in this manner, you will see a big difference in performance.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789