226105 Bullies, 4180 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 10:10am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...although I'm not really keen on spending $25 to do so.

What do you think, should I go? It'll be hard to write a report about the guy since I'm stuck being impartial here as one of the admins.

If anyone else is in the KC area, let me know if you're going and I'll hook you up with the info.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DO IT MAN!!! You GOTTA go! Fuk it, I'll PAY for the damn thing if you'll only interview him and put it here. Or tell him you know someone who wants to interview him(me) by phone and I'll ask him the most hilarious questions amidst serious ones and he'll never know whats going on. I'll ask this fuk all about his 'Fly Girlies' and his moustache and whether or not hes heard of Migo. Plus i'd LOVE to know what happened between him and Jake Shields......

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
  3. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 11:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is fergie? And where is this KC you speak of? And are you paying?
  4. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 11:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And do you study in KC?

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got here a few days ago, I'll be training at Gracie Barra (www.graciebarrakc.com) and possibly Jeff Ford's Muay Thai school. I have to work out my schedule though.

PD: write up a list of questions and I'll see if I can get them answered by him, without getting gangraped by the guys that run the hosting dojo.
  6. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some recommendations:

If you haven't been to KC before, here's the scoop:

KC is a good restaurant town. If you've got the money, go to The Cheesecake Factory, which is on the plaza, great food, pricey, but very good. Be prepared to wait.

Also, Saigan 39 is good, there's an excellent japanese place in Crown Center, Classic Cup is pretty good, again in the plaza, not as good as the cheesecake factory, but comparable.

No matter how hungry you are, DO NOT eat at Texas Tom's. You've been warned.

As far as McDojo's, we've got 'em, and, for the most part, the good stuff isn't in the yellow pages.

Edited by - KC Elbows on August 06 2002 12:57:00

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Steve Mackey in KC? He was a former world Shooto champ and a student of Jim Harrison. I think he was supposed to be an amazing kickboxer.

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the good stuff isn't in the yellow pages, where can I find it? I'm trying to find a traditional Kung Fu school for my daughter. Hell, even Wushu would be fine, since she's a dancer.

By the way, I just spoke to the head guy over at the dojo and I'll be going to the seminar. Damn, I wish you lived out here PD, so you could ask the questions. Like I said, I can't come off as a total dick to the guy because as an admin here I have to try to stay objective.

I'll try to take my video camera if they'll let me.
  9. KC Elbows

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wushu- the one wushu coach out here is Shao Li, I believe she's from Beijing University, she's a good lady, doesn't go around telling her people they're becoming warriors or anything, just likes wushu and is a very gifted athlete. I believe she also knows some of the fighting wushu sets.

Six Elbows Kung Fu- The school I attend probably wouldn't be your daughter's speed, as we're a rough ugly bunch. Chun Man Sit has a class in it at 9:30 AM Sundays in Loose Park, he knows the applications but is not into fighting so much, that might be more her speed.

Hsing Yi- There's two teachers, though I've only met one, who is an avid fighter, from my understanding.

Mantis- There's one guy teaching privately out here, I've only met one of his students, but I've heard from a mutual friend who is a decent fighter that this mantis guy is a very good fighter, supposedly one of the best kung fu fighters out here, though this is totally second hand info. I've just managed to find where the guy practices after four years of looking, so I really can't tell you much about him.

My email is rutabagaman4@yahoo.com

I can tell you some of the stuff to avoid like the plague here, I'd prefer to do it via email, not online, as some of it is just my opinion, and really doesn't put all of the people into the mcdojo bracket, just not good enough for me to recommend.

BTW, my yellow pages statement may not hold true for all the non kung fu stuff, as the kung fu is my main interest. There is a group by my house that does some version of jiu jitsu at a gym by me, I'm not sure what group they belong to, but could find out is you wanted me to.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, thats my job, to be the dick. I doubt I could ask him some real whoppers without laughing or feeling bad anyway. Im sure hes not as bad as he used to come off. It would be funny if he read 'The Prince of Boolsheet' and you showed up wearing a McDojo T-Shirt. He might have a stroke right then and there.

I STILL havent been able to inteview that NUT JOB from Aiki Jiu Jitsu! He used to always get booths in the mall near here but I havent seen one in a bit. THAT will be one HELL of an interview.

"Migo is such a nerdy, panzy ass, ****** mutherfukker." -Every member of the ADCC Forum(at one time or another).
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast