Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 5:01pm

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:
    Really? I weight 260lbs, my buddy about 180lbs, try moving that around for about 10 minutes. Oh yeah, forget that he's trying to key lock your arm. I tried to triangle choke him, using all my strength, it just gave me a headache with all my weight on the back of my neck. That was for about 20 seconds.
    <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>

You also just started and have no idea what your doing. I roll with a 360lb Pan American Champ that goes to my school. Yes it's tireing but not as tireing as training MT. I have found I get muscle failure much faster training MT then BJJ.

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 5:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seems BJJ/groundwork is a "little" slower than standup training

but i don't know what i am talking about

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 6:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I roll with a 360lb Pan American Champ that goes to my school.
    Does he have silver hair on his back and love bananas ?

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 11:32pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol whoever made the comment about Gracie's not inventing the guard.

He means he escaped the guard put on him by a gracie. Maybe you should learn to read instead of trying insult everyone.

Yes, I've been training for about 3 weeks and I am not too bad, I just roll'd with a guy on his first class last time and it was pure fun for me.

He was dying and breathing and quit, while me was barely breathing hard and tap'd him probably 4 or 5 times.

Then I had to spare this other person who was so much better then me. He was one of the BJJ's there that do alot of extra cardio and workout outside of class, and he tap'd me 3 times ;( I got mount on him though that made me happy.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2003 11:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw a Teeshirt once said something along the lines of: "Wrestling; nowhere to hide, no one to blame, sport's toughest six minute gut check."
    Or something like that, its been years since I last saw it, still wish I had found one for me.

Wrestling conditioning can be brutal. I just want to know why a mid range man get stuck packing the heavy weight on stair runs every time! Umm, sorry, flashback there. Resistance and cardio conditioning are both a serious must have for wrestlers/grapplers. No matter what anyone says, the 90lbs weakling theory applies no more to the ground than it does to up right. The stronger a person is, the higher your level of skill has to be in order to over come that. So being strong is an asset, being able to breath is a big asset as well. Enjoy the training.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/24/2003 4:44am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:
    Really? I weight 260lbs, my buddy about 180lbs, try moving that around for about 10 minutes. Oh yeah, forget that he's trying to key lock your arm. I tried to triangle choke him, using all my strength, it just gave me a headache with all my weight on the back of my neck. That was for about 20 seconds.

You also just started and have no idea what your doing. I roll with a 360lb Pan American Champ that goes to my school. Yes it's tireing but not as tireing as training MT. I have found I get muscle failure much faster training MT then BJJ.

Fighting over the Internet is like Running in the Special Olympics
    Even if you win Your still a Retart

True, but I am not new to grappling. I started off with Kodakan in my younger days. I don't remember rolling to be so difficult though.

I'm looking forward to re learning some old skills and learning new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123