Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex8876
    So do JKD fighters.
    Oh so, that means the brick scenario affects JKD. So, why are you still posting?

Your Science experiment has just completely failed with this comment.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question:

Do you compete in MMA? I mean, you talk about wanting your style represented more, and you don't understand why X looks like Y, and boy oh boy, don't try W on the Z or else you'll get hit with a Q in the S, and why don't people just use A, B, and C when ever someone D's on their E's, and if that doesn't happen, well, they're F'ed.

Also; I highly suggest you re-take 5th grade science and relearn the scientific method. It may sound like a lot of effort, but it would be very much so worth it.

Another also; why the **** don't I have an Uncle Jimmy or tommy or whatever the **** his name is hitting him with a brick? Or maybe my uncle can take out HIS uncle? Does no one have any friends any more? I don't understand how anyone can deal with invented imaginary assailants who happen to have bricks and are coming at my perfect blindspot while I'm looking into the sun with hayfever and I just got over a really bad case of pink eye and had temporary deafness.

A third also; am I going to have to post that video of Urijah Faber talking about how he was attacked by 10-12 armed people?
    Last edited by MrBadGuy; 11/03/2008 12:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:14pm

Style: Wing Chun Gung Fu/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight
    oh hell... have to get off my chair for a sec...

You realize that the same holds true for standing up? By the time you hit a person and get ready you've already been hit with the brick?

Your arguments fail.
    you really think it takes as much time to throw a punch as it does to get an armbar???

You punch first guy. Vinnie runs around corner and swings brick. You Duck and move away from both. Vinnie's off balance so you kick him in the knee. He falls. Other guy Swings at your face, you weave outside, a'la Dempsey and hook em in the face. Then you kick vinnie in the head while hes getting up.

I'm not talking as if it's a fight against Awesome super ninjas here, just regular jerks who'd wanna jump somebody. Who wouldnt be expecting someone to know how to deal with them correctly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:16pm

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you really think it takes as much time to throw a punch as it does to get an armbar???
    There's definitely an argument to be made that it's faster to double leg --> mount --> ezekiel than it is to KO the guy with punches standing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    Question:

Do you compete in MMA? I mean, you talk about wanting your style represented more, and you don't understand why X looks like Y, and boy oh boy, don't try W on the Z or else you'll get hit with a Q in the S, and why don't people just use A, B, and C when ever someone D's on their E's, and if that doesn't happen, well, they're F'ed.

Also; I highly suggest you re-take 5th grade science and relearn the scientific method. It may sound like a lot of effort, but it would be very much so worth it.

Look, i was trying to say that JKD works, so i tried to create a hypothetical situation. IF i didnt do that correctly, then whatever.

This isnt getting anywhere.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You punch first guy. Vinnie runs around corner and swings brick. You Duck and move away from both. Vinnie's off balance so you kick him in the knee. He falls. Other guy Swings at your face, you weave outside, a'la Dempsey and hook em in the face. Then you kick vinnie in the head while hes getting up.

I'm not talking as if it's a fight against Awesome super ninjas here, just regular jerks who'd wanna jump somebody. Who wouldnt be expecting someone to know how to deal with them correctly.
    You have never been in a real multiple person fight.

I was actually waiting for the "regular joe comment."

WTF is it about chunners and the regular joe?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Yes and the good ones cross train with other martial arts like BJJ for those other ranges

Which is why you will see a lot of JKD and CSW schools together

Yeah. Thats a good thing. I'm not against crosstraining. I just dont like it when people throw away the entire JKD framework and still call it JKD. If you dont like the JKD Framework, and you throw it away, whatever, do what you want. Just dont call it JKD.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by v1y
    There's definitely an argument to be made that it's faster to double leg --> mount --> ezekiel than it is to KO the guy with punches standing.
    You haven't studied the one punch KO systems of all "hypothetical" fighters.

See what I mean?

Yeah. Thats a good thing. I'm not against crosstraining. I just dont like it when people throw away the entire JKD framework and still call it JKD. If you dont like the JKD Framework, and you throw it away, whatever, do what you want. Just dont call it JKD.
    Please tell me this alleged Framework and what makes you an authority?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You have never been in a real multiple person fight.

I was actually waiting for the "regular joe comment."

WTF is it about chunners and the regular joe?

Its a hypothetical situation... so if i really do get in a fight with two people, i'm supposed to double leg one guy, armbar him, and just expect the other guy to let me do that, then get up, and deal with the other guy????