Genius

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    Ahhhh seminars! Staple diet of the JKD-Lite brigade!

I am not familiar with the schools - are the JFJKD or JKDC? That is often a good indicator of where the general feel of teh club will lie

JKDC, although I admit JFJKD people are much more geeky.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Genius

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    I have not time at the moment, this is a bump to myself --but you are WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS it is not even true - I shall be back......
    See, Hannibal, this is the type of geek I'm talking about. Of course, being a JFJKD person, he's even more geekier and clueless.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Genius

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex8876
    See, this is pretty much exactly what I was trying to say. Its perfectly fine to cross train in other arts as long as you keep Bruce's original Teachings seperate.
    His original teachings from what year and month in his life? What he taught was constantly changing, as did his philosophies on what worked. And why must we keep his original teachings seperate? Also, why do you suck the balls of a guy who's been dead for a long time now?
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 8/14/2007 10:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:59am

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPopp
    Hulk Hogan would beat them both, man. Nothing is greater than the power of HULKAMANIA, BROTHA!

Even if Bruce did get off some god blows or Matt got on an armbar, Hulkster would just no sell it, stomp around and unleash a flury of slow punches followed by the mighty ATOMIC LEG DROP.

There is no answer to the mighty atomic leg drop. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were just coverups for Hulkster's development of it.
    I don't know man, I mean Bruce Lee can break ribs with his fearsome one inch punch!! Plus, his boxing skills are that of a boxing champion as you can see in this video in wich he's hitting a 100 kg heavy bag (obviously it's 100 kg since Bruce Lee can break heavy bags that are less than 50 kg!!).

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 7:08am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    See, Hannibal, this is the type of geek I'm talking about. Of course, being a JFJKD person, he's even more geekier and clueless.
    Damn you for proving a point Ken!!!!

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 7:47am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Khor, What exactly are those other 7 Classes that are taught? I'm curious now.
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Filipino Martial Arts (focus on weapons)
    Fencing
    Combat Submission Wrestling™ (Eric Paulson's MMA curriculum)
    Muay Thai
    Majapahit Martial Arts (Southeast Asian Hodge-Podge, Silat and the like.)
    Judo
    Plus the previously mentioned Jun Fan Gung Fu.

(Technically, the Judo class has been cancelled because of lack of demand. There are just too many local places that offer Judo. If demand ever calls for it, it will begin again.)
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 8:09am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do people treat Bruce Lee like some kind of glorious deity...? And it's like the whole "JKD debate" has basically become something like the protestants vs. catholics...it's retarded...

That aside...I lean towards the SBG view of JKD...learn good delivery systems for standup, clinch, and ground...which they use boxing/MT, MT/Greco, BJJ/wrestling...then go from there...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 9:49am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Alex said what follows after my statement of disgust, I've been...well, disgusted:

It just seems funny that you call it "Jun Fan Gung Fu" when Bruce's stuff strayed soo far from Gung Fu.
    Because, umm, that's what he called his gung fu? I would think someone who owned "Commentaries" would obviously know that. JFGF was the art which all of his highest level students began, his system of Gung Fu prior to JKD. Taky Kimura, Dan Inosanta, and James Yimm Lee were all certified in JFGF first. So a JKD gym offering JFGF would, technically, be as close to the "real thing" as was possible, I mean, in your world where we crystalize the training of the master. Nothing he did ever strayed that far from Gung Fu, as the entire JKD vs. MMA surrounds almost entirely on the ideas of "trapping" and the "centerline", which very few MMA gyms train in but all JKD gyms train in. Trapping, consequently, is a part of nearly all Kung Fu, from soft styles like Taiji and Xingyi, to harder styles like Wing Chun and the majority of the animal based styles. So, technically speaking, JKD itself is continually based on Jun Fan Gung Fu, which was based on Wing Chun with obvious modifications.

Again I ponder why it is that I know more about an art that I have never, nor would never, partake in, than you, someone claiming to train with/see on a regular enough basis to use as a source for your nutriding, one of the main instructors of said art, Mr. Ted Wong. Intriguing, or disturbing. You be the judge.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 10:55am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    im about to write a book called how to defeat BJJ with BJJ.
    Yesssssss!

:ninja2:
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast