Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 2:08am

Style: TKD Green Belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tkd blocks?

Can you post all the blocks, or links to the block of Taekwondo? Pics/Photo's of them would be good. I went to start learning more about them. Thank you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 2:22am

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erm, I guess I'm a wimp :-P

Not that it gets me rolling on the ground crying , or anything...

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 2:24am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do some shin conditioning. It's an asset.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 2:24am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allow me to add the overhead cross block and the rear hand face block.

The overhead cross block is more of a parry to ward off a kick coming straight to your face. This block is where you cross your arms above your head or in front of your face. It won't stop a kick, but you catch it in the block to prevent yourself from running into a kick. This IS NOT A STATIC BLOCK, AND YOU CANNOT BLOCK KICKS WITH IT DIRECTLY.

Example: you're moving in, opponent puts a foot in your face. With your momentum, you'll probably run straight into the kick if he leaves his foot up there. Catch the kick in your block, parry it to the side OR push up so that you off-balance him, and continue your attack.

Hard to explain, but you'll get it if you see it.

Read hand face block is where you keep your rear hand up protecting your chin and face and to provide a buffer in case your opponent attacks your open side. If your opponent attacks to your closed side (your back), tuck your chin in, raise your shoulder, straighten your arm and slip the kick. This should protect your head so you don't get caught with the full force of the kick. If he attacks your open side (your chest), the rear hand is there to parry. Keep it close to the face, don't flail it out in an attempt to ward off the kick.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 11:39am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, as a TKD Green Belt, shouldn't you know them already?
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris

B. Arm flat to the side of the body. You take incoming kicks on that arm. Widely used. A standard block and very useful......
    Are you using this block against a chest high kick or a stomach/mid torso level kick? Are you blocking with your upper arms above your elbows, or with your forearms, just above your wrists? Wouldn't a knee block would be better for this?

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    I'll tell you everything you need to know about TKD blocks. There are only a few.

A. Down block. Used very rarely to jam kicks before they really get anywhere. Not all too useful.

B. Arm flat to the side of the body. You take incoming kicks on that arm. Widely used. A standard block and very useful.

C. Elbow. Drop your elbow into the instep. May break the foot or toes if they **** up.

D. Shin. Raise your shin as if kicking to counter their kick. Hurts wimps. Everyone else it just checks the kick. Quite useful.

Everything else is useless.
    Yesterday in Muay Thai a guy threw a round kick at me that slid off my knee and into my elbow. He was out for the rest of the class.

Now, parodoxically, the man did Muay Thai, so it's against the laws of nature for him to be a wimp. However, he was minorly injured by getting elbowed in the shin. Could you please explain how this is possible???
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 1:56pm

Style: TKD Green Belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the blocks so far talked about. But just wondering more about other ones that would be useful to stop a fist. I went to learn more of them. Thank you for the information so far :)

I better wording for this, what is the higher rank block look like.
    Last edited by Matt_Tkd5; 2/13/2005 2:07pm at .

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Tkd5
    I better wording for this, what is the higher rank block look like.
    The "higher-rank block" is a basic block done by someone better than you.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/13/2005 2:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Tkd5
    I know the blocks so far talked about. But just wondering more about other ones that would be useful to stop a fist. I went to learn more of them. Thank you for the information so far :)
    go to a boxing gym and learn how to move if you want to dodge/block punches. not tkd.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast