Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who has committed greater military problems in the world: the United States or Iran?

Since people want to consider attacker a nuclear country while screaming "YEE-HAW" I though this would be a good question to ask.

Iran has existed for a few thousand years longer than America so you'd think that SOMEWHERE Iran has done SOMETHING worse than America as far as attacking people and using military power to force its will on others.

Since everyone is scared to death of Iran having nuclear technology I wanted to see if someone could mention ANYTHING Iran has done that beats out the U.S. as far as using weapons and killing people.

Who's killed more people/civillians with military weaponry: America or Iran?
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 4:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THe Ancient Iranians conquered the Indian sub-continent and set up the caste system.

That wasn't too cool.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 5:44pm

Style: 12inchesofpain

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a trick question. Of course the answer is the United States; Axis casualties in world war two were approximately 12.3 million military and civilian combined. You are speaking of apples and oranges by comparing a major world power burdened by far reaching foreign policies to a country that is hardly even a regional power.

Many complain that Bush leads by a moral direction, which he perceives to get from God. In America fortunately there is a checks and balance system set up to where even if the president was a nut job; he couldn't go completed radically fundamentalist if he wanted. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Iran where a small radical group of fundamentalists may have now or one day their fingers on the button
    Last edited by TheRemote; 2/11/2005 5:46pm at .

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 6:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AN M-16'S TOO SLOW FOR ME.
    A JEWISH UZI IS ALL I NEED:
    TWICE THE ACTION, TWICE THE SPEED.
    I'LL KILL YOU ALL BEFORE YOU BREED.
    KILL, BURN, ROB, RAPE -
    ****, COME, BREED HATE.
    LOOT, STEAL, THEN TAKE
    YOU LAND, YOUR LIFE, YOUR SOUL, YOUR FATE.
    DEATH AND DESTRUCTION ALL AROUND,
    ALLAH'S SANDS ARE YOUR DEATHGROUND.
    KILL YOUR CHILDREN FOR SACRIFICE.
    **** YOU UP- WON'T THINK TWICE.
    KILL, BURN, ROB, RAPE -
    ****, COME, BREED HATE.
    LOOT, STEAL, THEN TAKE
    YOU LAND, YOUR LIFE, YOUR SOUL, YOUR FATE.
    IN THE HOTTEST DESERTS KNOWN AS IRAN
    I SEE A FUCKIN IRAQI WITH A GUN IN HIS HAND.
    CHOP OFF HIS NUTS, THROW 'EM IN THE SAND,
    MAIL SNAPSHOTS TO MOMMY SO SHE'LL UNDERSTAND.
    MAKE OUR WAY TO THE U.S., NOTHING ELSE TO DO.
    WE FUCKED WITH ALL OUR NEIGHBORS,
    NOW WE'LL **** WITH YOU.
    YOUR ASS WAS KICKED ALL ALONG,
    F.I.F.H. GOT A NUCLEAR BOMB.
    GOOD FUCKIN BYE.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 7:04pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't care if Iran builds 100 nuclear power plants. What I have concern with is harvesting material for nuclear weapons.

Nuclear tech != Nuclear weapons. Countries that are in the NPT are given access to nuclear tech with the promise not to develop weapons.

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 8:02pm

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRemote
    That is a trick question. Of course the answer is the United States; Axis casualties in world war two were approximately 12.3 million military and civilian combined. You are speaking of apples and oranges by comparing a major world power burdened by far reaching foreign policies to a country that is hardly even a regional power.

Many complain that Bush leads by a moral direction, which he perceives to get from God. In America fortunately there is a checks and balance system set up to where even if the president was a nut job; he couldn't go completed radically fundamentalist if he wanted. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Iran where a small radical group of fundamentalists may have now or one day their fingers on the button

We have a system of checks and balances, and it's very good. In fact, the only time it could go wrong was if a single party got hold of the presidency, Congress, majority of governorships, and the Supreme Court! And when could THAT ever happen?
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 8:12pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    USA however I hate the aytollah and an aytollah with nukes means bad news for the world. But North Korea is more important.

Dad

Posted On:
    2/12/2005 11:54am

Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another good question: Which country has done the most positive in the world militarily?

WWI, WWII, Liberated Kuwait, Liberated Afghanistan, Liberated Iraq.

In each of these cases, the United States could have taken a "To the winner belongs the spoils" attitude as has been the precedent throughout history. In each case, however, the country that was defeated and/or liberated came out of the encounter in a stronger economic position than before. Hell, the quickest way for some third world country to become an economic powerhouse would be to be defeated in a war against the United States. We'd then spend billions re-building their infra-structure and economy. The greatest example of this is Japan after WWII.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    2/12/2005 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodom
    Here's another good question: Which country has done the most positive in the world militarily?

WWI, WWII, Liberated Kuwait, Liberated Afghanistan, Liberated Iraq.

In each of these cases, the United States could have taken a "To the winner belongs the spoils" attitude as has been the precedent throughout history. In each case, however, the country that was defeated and/or liberated came out of the encounter in a stronger economic position than before. Hell, the quickest way for some third world country to become an economic powerhouse would be to be defeated in a war against the United States. We'd then spend billions re-building their infra-structure and economy. The greatest example of this is Japan after WWII.
    Approximately when do you expect this to happen to Afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Dad

Posted On:
    2/12/2005 12:35pm

Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's underway. We are not colonizing Afghanistan. We are spending US tax dollars to rebuild.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast