224962 Bullies, 3459 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do you think BJJ is just a fad?

Voters
1011. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

350 34.62%
  • No.

661 65.38%
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 5:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is my hope it will "mature" and "evolve". That all depends on how it is accepted and passed along.

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 7:06pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Voted no! :)

shortly, not only are people training BJJ because they love it or et.c. but to get in shape, the spiritual road ( personal enlightment scientifically), stress relief, it can be very competitive, I know some people who do Jiu Jitsu but dont even care much about competition they just simply love it.

I personally love the competition side of it. But I also love it as a Art, it's just amazing :D and that goes for Martial Arts in general in my opinion

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 7:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav M,BJJ,Judo,Shinbodu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not a fad. But I'm afraid that it will become the new Karate or TKD... Were it will take you a month to find a decent school.

So waterdown and worthless that its only point will be to stroke the ego's of kids and people who are delusional about self defense.

Hopefully it will go down the Judo route and self regulate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2011 1:21am

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by core1065 View Post
    Its not a fad. But I'm afraid that it will become the new Karate or TKD... Were it will take you a month to find a decent school.

So waterdown and worthless that its only point will be to stroke the ego's of kids and people who are delusional about self defense.

Hopefully it will go down the Judo route and self regulate.
    Aye, I think it is going down the Judo route. Except for the GJJ online stint, BJJ mcdojos are fair and far between compared to other styles even after so many years (UFC was started in 1993- 18 years ago) due to the alive training method and the relatively easy-to-trace linegage credientials of a particular instructor.
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990