218358 Bullies, 952 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do you think BJJ is just a fad?

Voters
1009. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

349 34.59%
  • No.

660 65.41%
Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677 7879808187 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 4:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mei tu quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    STFU!!! What the hell are you saying, it makes no sense. I don't know where you have seen BJJ being taught, but most of the BJJ practitioners I have seen are in great shape.
    Mostly it was a joke but you'll probably start seeing street fights between fat kids looking like really lame mma/bjj bouts. I've already seen some. One swing then roll around on the ground. Not even trying to connect with punches. I'm not saying that is proper bjj, just that it's popular or a FAD with dumbshits(Oh, and real smart rocket scientist types like you too). Hey, people imitate those whom they admire, even if they suck. Ever watch American Idol?

In itself, BJJ seems to be the most dominant single style out there right now. It's leveled the playing and made people rethink what true one on one martial arts are about.

Maybe try to lay off the roids for a little while.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 2:50pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    Mostly it was a joke but you'll probably start seeing street fights between fat kids looking like really lame mma/bjj bouts. I've already seen some. One swing then roll around on the ground. Not even trying to connect with punches. I'm not saying that is proper bjj, just that it's popular or a FAD with dumbshits(Oh, and real smart rocket scientist types like you too). Hey, people imitate those whom they admire, even if they suck. Ever watch American Idol?

In itself, BJJ seems to be the most dominant single style out there right now. It's leveled the playing and made people rethink what true one on one martial arts are about.

Maybe try to lay off the roids for a little while.
    Roids? I am 6' tall 155 lbs, what kind of roids are you talking about?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 3:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    what kind of roids are you talking about?
    Your boyfriend's hemroids.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i voted no.
    BJJ is not a fad, its a useful effective martial art.
    Grappling in itself is not a fad, its been on for God knows how long. maybe the name will evolve (Jujutsu -> Judo -> Gracie Jujutsu -> ?)
    but the idea remains the same. grappling is a staple of any martial artist who wants to be as "complete" as they come.

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 10:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it all depends on your definition of fad. The question is really broad.

BJJ is a fad right now in the sense that it's THE popular martial art.

BUT being a fad doesn't make it any less effective it just means that it is the popular art right now. That could easily change as the sport of grappling is constantly evolving.

Granted I train BJJ and love it, but at the same time I realize that I only chose it as my main grappling art because it's popular right now. Who's to say what new arts could be developed in ten or 15 years. Guys like Eddie Bravo are constantly changing the way grappling is done and eventually this could lead to unique arts being created. That's pretty much how BJJ started in the first place.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 3:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got an idea, let's just say the same thing over and over.

Posted On:
    4/12/2007 1:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just going to keep it simple. I voted yes as like Karate and TKD in the 80's and 90's. It will develop with what is "popular" at the time. After the karate phase, it was Tae-Bo (I realise not a martial art, but you get what I mean). Now it's Reality based martial arts as well as BJJ (Due to UFC type matches and the success that it brings).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2007 8:23am

Style: Muay Thai / Tae Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I WANNA DO BJJ!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2007 9:14am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanomTom
    I WANNA DO BJJ!
    then log off and find yourself a decent school.

Posted On:
    4/13/2007 9:24pm

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Brazilian Jiu Jutsu a fad? I say yes, I say what we got ourselves here is a bunch of Gracie wannabes, thats what I think
    One thing I absolutely hate about those Blow Job Jutsu folks is that they're like the evangelic christians of martial arts or in other words their DUN! DUN! BJJ-Thumpers :biblethum

They you are just trying to enjoy your _ing _hun and next thing you know you have these BJJ-Thumpers come into your school trying to submit your ass for no apparent reason. I swear those BJJ-Thumpers are Gracie cultiists

:bowdown:

(DISCLAIMER: Too all who practice Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu, I am kidding, I feel like ****, I have a cold and I am hungry as hell. So I was taking it out on the nearest thread I can find and this one was it, so please take a chill pill and relax, and for the record, Royce Gracie is GOD!)