223879 Bullies, 3540 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do you think BJJ is just a fad?

Voters
1011. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    350 34.62%
  • No.

    661 65.38%
Results 381 to 390 of 894
Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 293536373839 404142434989 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. bushi51 is offline
    bushi51's Avatar

    Host-Personal Defense TV

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    949

    Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:51pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to a judo school for six months and train nothing but Ne waza, I garrantee a BJJ practioner of equal size, weight and training time will smoke you on the ground.


    P.S. I love Judo
  2. Aesopian is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501

    Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:51pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I've been saying since Forseti first posted.
  3. Forseti is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:52pm


     Style: Wrath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Your entire argument is based on the idea that people will leave BJJ when they learn the startling truth that they are just learning judo, despite how no judo school places the same emphasis on groundfighting as BJJ.

    Can you cite some cases of people leaving BJJ for judo after learning the shocking revaltion that they just doing Kosen judo?
    Clearly its not based on people leaving BJJ. It is based on people becoming indifferent to it. They will stay if they are there. If they go to sign up for something, they will consider other styles. Some people will like judo over BJJ whereas right now that same person feels like judo is all throws and has no ground game.

    It being a fad is based on the fact that its (inflated) popularity will go down as people realize that it is not as unique as they think it is.
  4. Aesopian is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501

    Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:53pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    It being a fad is based on the fact that its (inflated) popularity will go down as people realize that it is not as unique as they think it is.
    Inflated how?
  5. JohnnyS is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So someone is learning an art that is providing them with good skills, and you think they'll leave because it's not "unique" and they could just go to one of the seven universities in Japan to do Kosen?

    WTF?
  6. Forseti is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:59pm


     Style: Wrath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bushi51
    Go to a judo school for six months and train nothing but Ne waza, I garrantee a BJJ practioner of equal size, weight and training time will smoke you on the ground.


    P.S. I love Judo
    Why do you say that? (Kodokan) Judo is missing the most important ground fighting techniques? Because you are saying "equal training time"... so I assume you mean that the BJJ practioner is actually going to learn something radically different than what one would learn in pure newaza in kodokan judo.
  7. Forseti is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    2/16/2005 12:00am


     Style: Wrath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS
    So someone is learning an art that is providing them with good skills, and you think they'll leave because it's not "unique" and they could just go to one of the seven universities in Japan to do Kosen?

    WTF?
    What are you responding to? I just posted on this to Aesopian. Its like one of you guys characterize what I say and then everybody goes by that. And, then I am constantly correcting you all on it....
  8. bushi51 is offline
    bushi51's Avatar

    Host-Personal Defense TV

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    949

    Posted On:
    2/16/2005 12:01am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I have trained both, and I say yes. Others of the same vein will agree.
  9. Aesopian is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501

    Posted On:
    2/16/2005 12:02am

    Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    What are you responding to? I just posted on this to Aesopian. Its like one of you guys characterize what I say and then everybody goes by that. And, then I am constantly correcting you all on it....
    No one can follow your argument. That is why I keep summarizing what you've been saying.
  10. Forseti is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176

    Posted On:
    2/16/2005 12:05am


     Style: Wrath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    No one can follow your argument. That is why I keep summarizing what you've been saying.
    How can you summarize any further what I have already said in a short paragraph. You missed the part where I even put it in enumerated propositions for Hapko3.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.