228148 Bullies, 4444 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do you think BJJ is just a fad?

Voters
1011. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

350 34.62%
  • No.

661 65.38%
Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 273334353637 383940414787 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to bother replying anymore. You're a troll with no real knowledge of what you're speaking who refuses to answer my questions or address my points properly.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    Alright, I just PMed phrost... hopefully in the spirit of exposing BS and just general good naturedness he will check for me.

As for the rest, we truly are going around in circles. The point is that BJJ is just moderately different from Kodokan Judo based on expert BJJ testimony that I have dredged up on the internet. Of course the BJJers are going to say that that difference, though, is key! (Including the expert I dredged up.) But, I think that if those that aren't in the know, knew how strong this connection were, they would become much more indifferent to BJJ than they are. That is why I think BJJ is a fad.
    And you still don't see how arguing with a real expert based on some bullshit you found on the internet makes you look like a retard?
    You say what about my rice?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgot about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Ryan does the same **** to BJJers all the time.
    Be that as it may, you sometimes seem to forget the differences between someone training live with someone not doing so and how their skills compare after the same amount of time training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:18pm

Style: Wrath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    And you still don't see how arguing with a real expert based on some bullshit you found on the internet makes you look like a retard?
    Hmmmm

Seems to be what many of you have just done by posting links to logic websites to someone that has an advanced degree in Math.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I just PMed phrost... hopefully in the spirit of exposing BS and just general good naturedness he will check for me.

As for the rest, we truly are going around in circles. The point is that BJJ is (1)just moderately different from Kodokan Judo based on expert BJJ testimony that I have dredged up on the internet. (2) Of course the BJJers are going to say that that difference, though, is key! (Including the expert I dredged up.) (3) But, I think that if those that aren't in the know, knew how strong this connection were, they would become much more indifferent to BJJ than they are. That is why I think BJJ is a fad.
    (1)That was mostly judo expert testimony (i.e. Mehdi).
    (2)So when it supports your own unfounded opinion you accept someone's points and when it doesn't you reject that same person's points? That is certainly not logically consistent.
    (3)I already tried to address that. Twice. You have unsupported assumptions that have lead to an unsupported prediction. Your model is flawed.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to someone that has an advanced degree in Math.
    The others here with advanced degrees in math and physics are so going to want to kick your ass over this thread and your complete lack of logic.

You have not represented your art, your house or yourself well. Only suicide can save your honor.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 9:25pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmm

Seems to be what many of you have just done by posting links to logic websites to someone that has an advanced degree in Math.
    Ah no, since a) you clearly show a lack of understanding on the subject. b) While I don't have an advanced degree in math, I do have a strong background (chances are stronger than yours) in logic as a part of my background in computer science and my career working with descision making systems.
    You say what about my rice?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 10:34pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 + 2 = Zebra!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 10:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having return from my Kosen judo class, I quickly read through the 7 pages that spawned in my absense and it would seem Forseti has much the same argument as before.

I have my choice of errors and inaccuracies to pick from but I think I like this one best, since it's just a slight variation of what I said above.

From what I can Forseti's many and varied and rather comments, he is arguing that:

BJJ is just Kosen judo.
    This makes BJJ a fad, since people will realize it is just judo and leave it...
    To do Kodokan judo instead.

Now I'm sure Forseti will be quick to go "OH NO UR MISREPRESTIN MY ARGUMNT!", but I am making an honest offer to follow it, and this is what I, and it would seem EVERYONE else, has been able to deduce from the convoluted mishmash of junk he's been posting

I'd like to take this opportunity to post my theory too. I think you'll all find it indeniably compelling:

Ice is just water
    This makes ice a fad, since people will realize it is just water and stop using it...
    And uses steam instead.

:eusa_thin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2005 11:21pm

Style: Wrath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Having return from my Kosen judo class, I quickly read through the 7 pages that spawned in my absense and it would seem Forseti has much the same argument as before.

I have my choice of errors and inaccuracies to pick from but I think I like this one best, since it's just a slight variation of what I said above.

From what I can Forseti's many and varied and rather comments, he is arguing that:

BJJ is just Kosen judo.
    This makes BJJ a fad, since people will realize it is just judo and leave it...
    To do Kodokan judo instead.

Now I'm sure Forseti will be quick to go "OH NO UR MISREPRESTIN MY ARGUMNT!", but I am making an honest offer to follow it, and this is what I, and it would seem EVERYONE else, has been able to deduce from the convoluted mishmash of junk he's been posting

I'd like to take this opportunity to post my theory too. I think you'll all find it indeniably compelling:

Ice is just water
    This makes ice a fad, since people will realize it is just water and stop using it...
    And uses steam instead.

:eusa_thin
    And you would have a pretty good argument if the popularity of ice was based on the false belief that ice is not water.