View Poll Results: Do you think BJJ is just a fad?

Voters
1016. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    350 34.45%
  • No.

    666 65.55%
Page 37 of 90 First ... 273334353637383940414787 ... Last
  1. #361

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,139
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to bother replying anymore. You're a troll with no real knowledge of what you're speaking who refuses to answer my questions or address my points properly.

  2. #362
    HAPKO3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    4,054
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    Alright, I just PMed phrost... hopefully in the spirit of exposing BS and just general good naturedness he will check for me.

    As for the rest, we truly are going around in circles. The point is that BJJ is just moderately different from Kodokan Judo based on expert BJJ testimony that I have dredged up on the internet. Of course the BJJers are going to say that that difference, though, is key! (Including the expert I dredged up.) But, I think that if those that aren't in the know, knew how strong this connection were, they would become much more indifferent to BJJ than they are. That is why I think BJJ is a fad.
    And you still don't see how arguing with a real expert based on some bullshit you found on the internet makes you look like a retard?
    You say what about my rice?

  3. #363

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    8,046
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgot about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Ryan does the same **** to BJJers all the time.
    Be that as it may, you sometimes seem to forget the differences between someone training live with someone not doing so and how their skills compare after the same amount of time training.

  4. #364

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    And you still don't see how arguing with a real expert based on some bullshit you found on the internet makes you look like a retard?
    Hmmmm

    Seems to be what many of you have just done by posting links to logic websites to someone that has an advanced degree in Math.

  5. #365

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    8,046
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    Alright, I just PMed phrost... hopefully in the spirit of exposing BS and just general good naturedness he will check for me.

    As for the rest, we truly are going around in circles. The point is that BJJ is (1)just moderately different from Kodokan Judo based on expert BJJ testimony that I have dredged up on the internet. (2) Of course the BJJers are going to say that that difference, though, is key! (Including the expert I dredged up.) (3) But, I think that if those that aren't in the know, knew how strong this connection were, they would become much more indifferent to BJJ than they are. That is why I think BJJ is a fad.
    (1)That was mostly judo expert testimony (i.e. Mehdi).
    (2)So when it supports your own unfounded opinion you accept someone's points and when it doesn't you reject that same person's points? That is certainly not logically consistent.
    (3)I already tried to address that. Twice. You have unsupported assumptions that have lead to an unsupported prediction. Your model is flawed.

  6. #366

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    8,046
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    to someone that has an advanced degree in Math.
    The others here with advanced degrees in math and physics are so going to want to kick your ass over this thread and your complete lack of logic.

    You have not represented your art, your house or yourself well. Only suicide can save your honor.

  7. #367
    HAPKO3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    4,054
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti
    Hmmmm

    Seems to be what many of you have just done by posting links to logic websites to someone that has an advanced degree in Math.
    Ah no, since a) you clearly show a lack of understanding on the subject. b) While I don't have an advanced degree in math, I do have a strong background (chances are stronger than yours) in logic as a part of my background in computer science and my career working with descision making systems.
    You say what about my rice?

  8. #368

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 + 2 = Zebra!

  9. #369

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,501
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having return from my Kosen judo class, I quickly read through the 7 pages that spawned in my absense and it would seem Forseti has much the same argument as before.

    I have my choice of errors and inaccuracies to pick from but I think I like this one best, since it's just a slight variation of what I said above.

    From what I can Forseti's many and varied and rather comments, he is arguing that:

    BJJ is just Kosen judo.
    This makes BJJ a fad, since people will realize it is just judo and leave it...
    To do Kodokan judo instead.

    Now I'm sure Forseti will be quick to go "OH NO UR MISREPRESTIN MY ARGUMNT!", but I am making an honest offer to follow it, and this is what I, and it would seem EVERYONE else, has been able to deduce from the convoluted mishmash of junk he's been posting

    I'd like to take this opportunity to post my theory too. I think you'll all find it indeniably compelling:

    Ice is just water
    This makes ice a fad, since people will realize it is just water and stop using it...
    And uses steam instead.

    :eusa_thin

  10. #370

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    176
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Having return from my Kosen judo class, I quickly read through the 7 pages that spawned in my absense and it would seem Forseti has much the same argument as before.

    I have my choice of errors and inaccuracies to pick from but I think I like this one best, since it's just a slight variation of what I said above.

    From what I can Forseti's many and varied and rather comments, he is arguing that:

    BJJ is just Kosen judo.
    This makes BJJ a fad, since people will realize it is just judo and leave it...
    To do Kodokan judo instead.

    Now I'm sure Forseti will be quick to go "OH NO UR MISREPRESTIN MY ARGUMNT!", but I am making an honest offer to follow it, and this is what I, and it would seem EVERYONE else, has been able to deduce from the convoluted mishmash of junk he's been posting

    I'd like to take this opportunity to post my theory too. I think you'll all find it indeniably compelling:

    Ice is just water
    This makes ice a fad, since people will realize it is just water and stop using it...
    And uses steam instead.

    :eusa_thin
    And you would have a pretty good argument if the popularity of ice was based on the false belief that ice is not water.

Page 37 of 90 First ... 273334353637383940414787 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO