Sponsored Links Spacer Image

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 5:20am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Wha-? Are we talkin' about the same fight? I remember it being on the ground and Tito just gradually chipping away at Ken's face.
    I got that statistic from MMAReview.com.

That's a clip from the fight I saw. Looks like he has decent boxing there. Look how Ken's head moves side to side. Carbon you still think hes not a good striker?
    Last edited by Knightmare; 2/21/2005 7:37am at .

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 10:33am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh? Yes....that's funny that Guy Mezger was a champion Kickboxer and Chuck whooped his ass in Pride ugly.

If he has such good hands why did an Amateur kickboxer whoop his ass?

If you actually watch the fight there was only a couple of exchanges in the first round, that's when Ken knocked tito to his knees with a right hand. Then Tito knew he was hurt took him down and then after that took him down every round.

If Tito ever tries to stand with ANYONE he gets knocked down. ALWAYS. NO matter who it is.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 7:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Uh? Yes....that's funny that Guy Mezger was a champion Kickboxer and Chuck whooped his ass in Pride ugly.

If he has such good hands why did an Amateur kickboxer whoop his ass?

If you actually watch the fight there was only a couple of exchanges in the first round, that's when Ken knocked tito to his knees with a right hand. Then Tito knew he was hurt took him down and then after that took him down every round.

If Tito ever tries to stand with ANYONE he gets knocked down. ALWAYS. NO matter who it is.

Chuck didn't whoop his ass. That was an awesome match. Mezger also had a great match with Wanderlei. How is chuck an amateur kickboxer? Has he even competed in kickboxing events? From what I heard he started with Karate, did wrestling in high school and college, and then teamed up with SLO. Was he even with SLO when he fought Jeremy Horn?

Guy doesnt seem to use his kickboxing much anymore, but if you watch his first UFC fight before he got with Ken, his striking was dead on and very powerful. He beat the **** out of the guy he fought.

Your last statement is such bullshit. Always gets knocked down? Well I can think of MANY instances off my head where he doesnt but I'll give you one, view the Yuki Kondo fight. If I am not mistaken, Pizdoff posted the fight in his section.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 7:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck has a 22- 4 record as a Kickboxer. I think he won state and went to nationals.

Tito always gets knocked down if he tries to stand up with anyone. I haven't seen the Yuki Kondo fight so I can't comment on it.

I also didn't see Guy early in the UFC so I can't comment on that. I am only commenting on what I have seen. So that means that from what I have seen Guy Mezger does not have the most impressive hands for being an awesome kickboxer.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/21/2005 10:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Chuck has a 22- 4 record as a Kickboxer. I think he won state and went to nationals.

Tito always gets knocked down if he tries to stand up with anyone. I haven't seen the Yuki Kondo fight so I can't comment on it.

I also didn't see Guy early in the UFC so I can't comment on that. I am only commenting on what I have seen. So that means that from what I have seen Guy Mezger does not have the most impressive hands for being an awesome kickboxer.
    Mezger doesnt rely on kickboxing like Chuck does. Who would when you have Ken Shamrock teaching you submission fighting skills?!?! He still is a great striker.

http://www.mmareview.com/mmareview-p...guy_mezger.htm
    - 20-2(19 KO) record and was WKC champ.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...28631757&itm=2
    - He even wrote a book about kickboxing.

I havent seen any mention of Chucks record on the net. Do you have a source?

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/bio/ChuckLiddell.cfm

Chuck relies on Kickboxing. That's funny considering he was brought up as a wrestler, a wrestler relying on Kickboxing skills.

Anyways, Guy never really impressed me.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/22/2005 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, hes too passive for his striking capabilities.

Posted On:
    2/24/2005 1:23pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    My main claim to fame is that I did passing the guard drills with Rich Franklin without even knowing who he was at the time.
    really when was this seminar or at the dojo.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/24/2005 1:34pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was at class. He was just training with all of us on no-gi night once. I didn't even know who he was at the time, and only found out when Eduardo told me the following Monday.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234