Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone care to explain this for me? I kind of get his drift, but he really needs a diagram.

http://www.wingchunkuen.com/wsl/readings/articles_tackling.shtml

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he's saying that WC practitioners need to get the hell out of the way when being lunged at by a grappler. Well, I suppose that's one way to deal with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. Well damn, why didn't he just say that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 4:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like he is just prolonging the divorce. Sooner or later the two bodies have to meet, cant just avoid it all day long. Besides good shooters don't just shoot in straight, probably circle a little bit then straight in.

I'd just knee him, if he remains awake or catches the knee, then the guy deserves to win hehe. A sifu I recently trained with was also state wrestling champ and he covered some of the problems people were having kneeing the shooter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stold2, rather than say, "just get the hell out of the way," he wanted to Wing Chunify it by talking about how getting the hell out of the way is already in the WC lexicon in an esoteric knife form.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 5:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey give him some credit though.
    A TMA stylist sees UFC and looks at how he can adapt to take on this form of attack rather than make excuses about how its not real fighting.

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 5:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, but isn't it kinda silly and overly art-centric to suggest, "Hey, we've had this 'getting the hell out of the way' technique all along, just hidden in this rarely used knife form legwork!"?

Edited by - Fighty McGee on February 20 2003 16:20:08

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 5:43pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    art-centric! lol

i agree here with Fighty McGee

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 5:45pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.wingchunkuen.com/wsl/readings/articles_footwork.shtml

has something to do with it as well, didn't read it yet, just laughed at the title

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2003 2:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds to me like what he is say is that they normally just sort of slide back out of the way to avoid an attack, winding up in pretty much the same stance. If they start out in a left lead, then they'll slide back and their left foot will still be forward. I think what he's saying to do now is to still slide back, but then pivot on the rear foot, which will change your lead and will also redirect your opponent.

This will probably help some. Unfortunately, as other have pointed out, a good grappler probably isn't just going to shoot straight in on you... especially from 10 feet away. I suck at shooting, but I believe you are supposed to be pretty close, like to where you can smack your opponent in the head, when you shoot in. This will aid your technique and distance, as well as reduce the time your opponent has to react. Also, I have heard people on here talk about shooting after snapping the opponent's head down and they jerk it back up. I think it is virtually impossible to keep someone from tying you up if they don't mind taking a shot while coming in.

I'm with FingerorMoon, though - I give the guy a lot of credit for addressing the issue.

Rashomon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast