Sweet throw, I got wood !!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karo is one of the most exciting fighters in MMA today. I mean, damn, just damn. And yet we get to see shitty as snore fests and not this.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 9:49am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seing Karo do a sumi gaeshi into juji gatame in his first UFC fight. It was all I could do not grab my brother-in-law (watching with me) and try it on him. The man is poetry in motion and I hope he goes all the way to the top.

*bows to Karo*

Keep makin' us judo types look good, dude!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bait
    wow this jj trainer must be a total dumb ass

at least he had to eat his own words ....
    That "Jiu Jitsu trainer" was Marc Laimon. He really knows his stuff, but I think he was specifically talking about a headlock throw in that episode. Still, I don't know if he gives props to Judo or not, since I don't really know him that well, but it't not like he's some no name BJJ guy that doesn't know what he's doing on the ground.

Is Karo the Judo guy that studied under Gene Lebell? I've been wanting to see him fight for a while now, but this is the only clip I've seen so far. Anyone know which events he's been in, so I can keep an eye out for them?
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Laimon said "That judo head throw crap doesn't work" .

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 12:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karo trains with Gokor's Hayastan Grappling studio. Gene LeBell teaches there as does Gokor Chivichyan. I love watching him fight.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 1:47pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budd
    I missed the fight between Karo and (not sure I have the name right) St. Pierre (tough MMA f8r), which I think Karo lost due to decision. For those that saw it, was it close?
    From what i remember... no... Pierre did the pummel on him. I think it went 3 rounds, but Pierre kept slipping the sub's and did some nice GnP. I was like wow.... Anyways i like Pierre mainly cuz he does a backflip after his victories. :eusa_clap

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 2:00pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of all the fights I wanted to see last week, this one was at the top of the list. And I was utterly disappointed over the relative mediocrity that they chose to present in its place. What is it that prevents the UFC from showcasing this awesome fighter? Does he not talk enough ****? Does he sap momentum out of some kind of pure MMA agenda? Does he lack the appropriate tattoos? Someone enlighten me.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karo is pretty much pure MMA from my understanding of it, just with a more judo-centric focus.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 3:22pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what's the deal-i-o?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast