Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 4:10pm

Style: Alien Cosmic Chi Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very phony site. There is not much real Bagua left nowdays, and this is much worse.

This looks like karate or kempo mixed with some very basic Bagua principles. Honestl, I grew tired of seeing Shaolin methods watered down in this way, as well as taiji methods, and now Bagua? This kind of degradation seems to be unavoidable in American society, but whatever. Its pretty obvious the "Chuan" gives it away, as it is obviously "Zhang" (palm).Basically it looks like they are doing their karate (or whatever) and walking around in a circle. Even then there is no fluidity or real power behind any of their techniques. And the training with partnet thing is just ridiculous.

Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen one way or another

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/09/2005 9:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simo
    Don't you love it when you get attacked by some idiot on a message board that your master's art is not complete because of a BASIC book that he helped author? If you want to believe an argument that you can learn from a book or video/DVD, you may as well believe that, just because you can do math, you can perform calculus!
    WTF are you talking about? Book? Authored? What does this have to do with the site linked being 100% complete and utter bullshit?

Well, so called master instructor Novell Bell (proud to be the first ghetto black taoist out of NYC - no kidding, visit his site: http://www.blacktaoist.com/) does that all the time on the Ba Gua Zhang yahoo message board. Bashing other systems of pa kua chang kung fu is his true art. (Funny, because he has over 5 sifus, and still aquiring more!) He is a master of bashido!
    First, I challenge you to find anywhere where Novell has ever called himself any sort of "master instructor". You can't just make **** up about people like that. Novell IS an instructor though. He runs a school and has students so. . . by definition...

Second, GOOD FOR HIM. Places like that craptastic Karate-pseudo-pakua piece of **** NEED to be bashed on. Complete scam with no relevance to what they claim to be teaching whatsoever unlike Novel, who's bagua teacher I have personally visited in Beijing.

He is a tournament fighter who claims to use pa kua kung fu technique, but does not.
    Pull your head out of your ass for a second so you can hear this: This is the wrong board to be calling bullshido on someone for going out and getting in the ring. He fights full contact you know.

Not only does he like to educate the world of his knowledge, Chinese language skills, and how incredible his system is since he learned true pa kua chang from an authentic Chinaman...
    1. He doesn't make claims about Chinese language skills because he doesn't have them. His Chinese is pretty weak and he has never made claims to the countrary. ****. As far as I can tell he can barely speak proper English but his tendency to overuse ebonics is not really relevant to your made up bullshit claims about the guy.

2. He did learn "true pa kua chang from an authentic Chinaman". I don't know why you should give a **** but I can confirm that he has been to China on numerous trips and that his main bagua teacher, Xu Shifu, has got some serious skills. I can also confirm that Novell's understanding of the theory AND history of Baguazhang is about as thorough as most anyone I have ever met. I can only think of one or two people that I know who perhaps are more up on the history than he is.

But he truley belives his sh*t don't stink because he then he goes and posts a link on our message board to sell his DVD on the board:

Date: Fri Dec 9, 2005 8:45 am
    Subject: NOVELL LAOSHI YIN STYLE DVD NOW AVAILABLE. brotherlaoqiang

NOVELL LAOSHI YIN STYLE DVD NOW AVAILABLE.

That's is so awsome. I hoghly reccomend his DVD. It's got more practical stuff on it than the BS thrown around at pakua.org.

Let's be serious and smart here! We know that most books and videos on any martial art only scratch the surface ...
    That's true. At least Novell's DVD's scratch the surface of an actual Chinese style of martial arts as opposed to pakua.org just scratching the surface of a big fat smelly Chinese turd.
    Last edited by Omar; 12/10/2005 3:06am at .
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 12:11am

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CMA needs MORE people like Novell Bell and less pedantic form-fairy fantasy dickholes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2005 11:04am

Style: Choy Lee Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arbiter... that avatar is fucking priceless!! I wonder how ol' super soke is doing?!

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 3:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by simo
    novell bell claims that he does pa kua in competitions, but does kick boxing.

that's my point.
    Be punches and kicks people that's true. How is it not baguazhang? You are an idiot. Too many years of TCMA have turned your brains to mush and made you speak nonesense like this here:

this thread is about pa kua??? - I'm discussing pakua???, not pa kua.
    :wtfgif9fr are you trying to say here?

There's no god damned difference you moron!

Bagua, pakua, pa kwa, baguazhang, p'akuachang....it's all the same damn thing. And what are all those random question marks supposed to indicate?

Are you making some feeble attempt at being pedantic (as if that was a good thing) and expecting someone to believe that the addition or a space between the words "pa" and "kua" makes a difference?

I fart in your general direction.:5badair:
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 8:13am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That crap shown on the pakua website is hideous. It is not bagua but some made up hodge podge garbage that runs rampant here in the west.

reminds me of Oon Yang Doe/Chung Mu Doe and their version of Pakua.

Novell Shrfu gets big respect for stepping up as well as having decent skills.

Simo,

You are either brain damaged or warped to think that crap is anything but the fradulent poop it is. You really need to do some basic research before you mouth off about others who step up and represent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 8:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.D.D
    Quote:
    Pa-Kua develops every part of the human anatomy by generating a proper flow of energy within the body. The movements are studied to provide an internal massage of the organs as well as develop in the student an unparallel coordination of movements coupled with improved mind/body communication.
    Coordination like this? http://www.pakua.org/martialarts/Chuan/Chuan3.mpg

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 9:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Om Yang Doe is still alive and well.

That clip is awful. Like 3 step sparring applied to bagua

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 9:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taking a closer look at their site I noticed they have ignored the last character which is historically linked with Bagua, that of Zhang/Chang/Jerng(palm).

They also have split the radical for Kua/Gua into two pieces and that is totally unacceptable. You dont mix up the Chinese, well you can but it points to your ignorance of basic Chinese and Bagua material in general.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2005 9:44am

Style: Taijiquan - Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone have experience with the Yin Fu - Xie Peiqi - He Jinbao BaGua lineage? A link can be found at http://www.traditionalstudies.org/ysb I know that there are study groups and I thought the site was an interesting read.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast