Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Style
    lame
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat- excuse me, but Kempo is not Chinese. Did you mean to say it is?

They call me:
    "The Money Shot Guru"

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm...... faster than me even...

i understand the Japanese words for Kenpo come from the Chinese letters....(yeah it isn't letters but big deal)

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    Karate, Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Balloonknot, it's all semantics. Kenpo, kempo, ch'uan fa, all the same kanji and etymology behind them.

-------------------------
    Clap your hands everybody,
    if you got what it takes
    'Cause I'm Kurtis Blow
    and I want you to know
    that these are the breaks!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like what the hell? if you take your mouse and play it slow, al he is doing is slapping the guy, sloppily, and the he does a crappy backfist to his arm. that did not look like jkd.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like what the hell? if you take your mouse and lay it slow, al he is doing is slapping the guy, sloppily, and the he does a crappy backfist to his arm. that did not look like jkd.

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah. supporting member
    Style
    Buffalo Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why is he stopping the ground like that? I wouldn't call that chain punching, it's not continuous.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you stupid kid that's one of the first things I had to learn in jkd. Stick with washing dishes for your drug money. I know chain punching looks a little weird but is is effective.

Absorb what is useful reject what is useless.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a matter of fact those are not chain punches as we practice in WT: the main difference is that chain punches are launched while moving forward, and not when you don't (even in demonstrations). The footwork is different, with 100% weight on rear leg and forward step to put weight of the body in motion behind the punches.

A "golden" WT principle is no chain punches from "still" position, but chain punch while moving forward, then when it's no more possible to advance for any reason switch to elbow, knees, chokes , clinch etc.

WT punch is extremely powerful ONLY if you manage to throw it while moving forward, thus putting you weight behind it: an option is to forward press the adversary even with little motion forward, but then you need different foot work than that showed in the clip.

BTW I am not bashing the guy, I am just highlighting differences with what I practice.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nod. He's a JKD guy not a WT guy.

http://www.fighting-uk.com/multimedia.shtml is the website check his other clips - I think he's fast but you guys are probably way faster than him :p

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm kinda spoiled when it comes to seeing some Chain Punches, or something similar to it, but that guy isn't bad. I can count how many he throws so he's not as fast as I've seen it done. I wish the peps I trained with would go ahead and get the seminar pics online, there's a huge guy there, all muscle, who had his arm go limp after a strike from his teacher like those thrown by that Carruthers dude.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last