Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/24/2005 2:35am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any of you guys know of any judo or similar taking on students in Casper Wyoming? (hey, you're closer then anyone I've found lately to ask)
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 4:10pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh, I don't know anything about MA in Wyoming. This may sound stupid and simplistic, but seriously, look in the phone book and search online. I suggest Yahoo Yellow Pages.

I think we could get enough people together for a TD. There might not be even 10 of us, but I think we should do it.

I also agree with the Ego thing. It gets in the way of progress. I like to spar, and will spar anyone. If you can kick my ass, go for it, how else will I learn? If I wup on you in sparring I will gladly show you what you are doing wrong. It's hard to have that attitude sometimes, but you have to do it.

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 4:19pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in. leelohff@yahoo.com Hit me up and I'd love to be there.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 6:25pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Uh, I don't know anything about MA in Wyoming. This may sound stupid and simplistic, but seriously, look in the phone book and search online. I suggest Yahoo Yellow Pages.

Thanks! I'll try that! . . . wait, I already tried that. :laughing9

It's OK, though, really. It's a tall order to fill in this rinky-dink joint.

It's too bad we don't live in some snazzy place like CA or NM - then we could have the sucker in a park or something...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been talking to my students about having a get-together at our place. We train at a gymnastics club - nice bouncy floor. There's an informal judo club at USD that I'd like to have up, also; and one of my students knows a few MMA types from that way. So it may not be a strictly Bullshido gathering.

Johnny -
    Caspar, huh. My senior student is from Wyoming, not sure where. He's up in Fargo right now, job training. He'll be moving to Sioux Falls sometime this fall; I'm pressuring him to open a club.

According to the judoinfo site, there's a couple:
    http://www.judoinfo.com/contacts/bro...y=&sort=School
    not sure how accurate that is - my club's there, but so is the one in Sioux Falls that's been defunct for a few years.

The USJA site lists a judo club in Caspar, but it's USMAA affiliated - so might be hit or miss (and, as of 2 years ago, had 9 members).
    http://usja-judo.org/Clubs/ViewClubs.php

The USJA map shows no clubs in WY, but that's also out of date (and the club in South Dakota, I think, is a family that needed membership to compete in Colorado).

There is a state org. for judo (USJI) in Wyoming, see
    http://www.usjudo.org/states.html
    However, it appears they didn't get a vote at the few last meetings, for lack of members (a state org needs 20 to have a vote at the USJI national meetings, IIRC).

And, poking around a bit more, it appears that judo was, a few years back, part of the Cowboy games:
    http://w3.trib.com/~csg/judo - where were you?

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 11:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but if we lived in CA we'd have to deal with Califonians. I used to live and work there as a political activist. Roomed with crackhead hippies. Got lectures from old Republicans at my job during the day about my long hair. Turned me into a 3rd party guy. I have a whole bunch of HEElarious stories from that time, just ask. Like waking up in the middle of the night to all my white roomie's spraypainting Wu Tang Clan W's on all the walls and windows of the apartment they rented. They were high all night from smoking weed with METH in it they bought from the dealer two doors down. True story. I remember thinking "WTF?! They don't even listen to Wu Tang." The next day I went to work with them and the druggie bitch whose name the place was in had the ovaries to tell me that my mood was shitty. I went berserk and screamed at her that my mood was shitty because I hadn't gotten any sleep and that her positive attitude was from chemicals. You shoulda seen my bosses face. Espicially since the tweaking **** loved to tell everybody she had defeated drug addiction. I walked outside and did my Bruce Lee in Chinese Connection sign destroying scene. Only I flying punched the neighboring businesse's wooden sign in TWO. I moved back home the next day. I've got even better stories from when I lived, trained, and worked in Portland, OR and Prescott Valley, AZ.

Posted On:
    7/25/2005 11:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed the last couple of Cage events due to some fairly funny stupidity on my part, Lee, so I haven't been able to see you fight in a while. Usually the sound is so shitty at those events that us in the audience can't hear fighter's names. Are you the BJJ guy who always gets mount and raises his arms to the audience to show off before you GNP?

I've been meaning to stop by the BJJ place in Brandon, just too damn broke, busy with two jobs and bills, and carless.

A TD locally would be awesome. E-mail me at herr.snowberger@lycos.com if anybody ever gets the details down. If it's outside of Su Fu, I'd need a ride, but I will pitch in for gas and help fight off rapacious cannabilistic inbred rednecks along the way.

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's herr.snowberger@lycos.com sorry about the typo.

Posted On:
    7/26/2005 11:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh, everytime I type the address right, but it gets put on here with the space. I clicked on the link, it works, look forward to hearing from you.

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    7/27/2005 9:53am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Are you the BJJ guy who always gets mount and raises his arms to the audience to show off before you GNP?

I've been meaning to stop by the BJJ place in Brandon, just too damn broke, busy with two jobs and bills, and carless.

A TD locally would be awesome. E-mail me at herr.snowberger@lycos.com if anybody ever gets the details down. If it's outside of Su Fu, I'd need a ride, but I will pitch in for gas and help fight off rapacious cannabilistic inbred rednecks along the way.
    Yep, I'm the guy that does that. Lately, I've been keeping it standing more, trying to work on the Thai Boxing.

The club is actually not in Brandon anymore, it has moved to 42nd, across from Scheel's Sports. We have a decent amount of mat space, and I'm sure I could talk the owner into hosting a Throwdown, free advertising you know?

I'll pm you my phone number, and we'll see if we can get this fucker done. Does anybody have a video camera that we can put up for some Bullshido throwdown highlight vid?
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast