Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 4:55am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did not comply with my request nor did you acknowledge your mistake in naming the fighter. Then you go on to make a wild claim without proving it.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 5:16am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    You did not comply with my request nor did you acknowledge your mistake in naming the fighter. Then you go on to make a wild claim without proving it.
    I just offered to give you a video of me fighting Kimbo that could show my skills and you denied it. I know I called him Diaz, I was just watching his UFC 51 match and they look similar to me. SORRY!!!

Gj on defending that hook btw!
    Last edited by Knightmare; 2/08/2005 5:20am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 6:41am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    I just offered to give you a video of me fighting Kimbo that could show my skills and you denied it.
    I didn't see Piz refusing anything offered, actually. But you made me curious. Bring on the violent vid! :viking:

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 9:47am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lama_xy
    who the hell thought that it would be cool for those guys to be wearing that frat-boy-looking necklace around their neck?
    Those "frat boy necklaces" are actually microphones so you can hear what they are saying, they aren't a fashion statement but are much easier to wear than a "clip on mike" when you aren't wearing a shirt. A wire runs down the back to the battery pack.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leben plays a really good psych game. I'd bet he'd win against his target (whatever his name was) in part because of that. Whatshisname certainly seemed to bitch out because of it.

Some comments were made by the Couture team about Bobby's fighting someone he outclassed as being a weak move. Stupid. They're all there to get a contract. Bobby played it rigth, showed he was far better than one of his competitors and protected his and his teams position. Same thing with the Diego/Alex fight. Diego has a ton more experience and an enviable ground game. The outcome was hardly surprising. I really don't think Alex threw haymakers, maybe his punches should have been a little tighter but he knew he needed to land some heavy shots standing and keep it upright to have a chance. As for turning his back, people still do it in pro-fights. Getting pounded from the mount in training sucks enough, I can't imagine how much worse it would be in an actual fight. Turning is probably a reaction you have to fight.

I'd like to see Florian sometime soon. He's been one of the background guys thus far it seems. I'd also like to see more of the heavyweights.

UFC Fighter

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, No-Gi Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex is a damn good wrestler, but its hard to load up a big shot and have a good wrestlingbase at the same time. And Diego is 12-0 in MMA... he obviously knows how to get good people down, even good wrestlers. Alex did the right thing, he tried to get up, he couldnt, so he took the chance by turning his back. Had he been tight enough and diego missed the hooks, everyone would be singing a different tune about him turning his back. MMA is very different from BJJ... mount sucks in BJJ because you have subs... but in MMA its 100 times worse. Alex did the right thing... he had no other means to get out of mount where he would surely lose, this gave him a fighting chance.

Knightmare... Alex would whoop your ass. Alex whoops my ass, and I think I could take you. Have you fought MMA before?

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 12:35pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dochter - You mean light-heavyweights?

Knightmare - You may post your video using www.yousendit.com. I expect it before the weekend.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 1:09pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sakuraba turned his back on Royce more than a few times. It's not instant death, you just have to begin escaping the position instantly, which Alex didn't do. He just got beat by a much more experienced fighter with a much better ground game.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 1:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Dochter - You mean light-heavyweights?
    I'd make a really snide comment but I'm hoping you're able to track down those videos.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 1:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Seriously though, anyone can do better than Alex did, he threw one punch and then got wailed on for a good minute. I can atleast do that!
    Unless you have a better record (4-0) than he did going into that you really need to shut up. Most of us here probably wouldn't get off more than one or two shots either, if that. And we too would be lucky to see them land.

He was outclassed by a high, high level grappler (went to at least one GQ superfight absolute final, has beaten ATT's guys, etc.) with a 12-0 mma record.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast