Posted On:
    2/07/2005 11:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF Episode 4 Discussion

So I don't have to merge 800 threads.

It seems chris leben is a little smarter than I thought.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 12:14am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, as soon as I saw Alex hit the ground with Diego on top of him, I knew that fight was pretty much over. As Stoogejitsu, Samuraiforhire and I can affirm, Diego is a handful on the ground. As for him being 'easy' to knockout, he took a full-power kick to the head in one of his KOTC fights with a pretty tough Danish kickboxer. Swelled his eye shut, blackened the entire side of his face, but it didn't slow him down that I could tell. I wish he had picked Chris Leben, watching that guy turning purple and doing a little Morse code on the mat would have been kind of fun. . .
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 12:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diego put on a clinic. Next week looks like another dramarama but I'm still very happy with the series.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 12:27am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, evidently Alex didnt get the memo that cross training is vital.

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 12:27am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree. Edit: Agreement was to Shuma
    The Ultimate Fighter - Episode 4 Thoughts

Liddell didn't seem that mad when he was told he would have to give up a light-heavy weight. He WAS pissed when Couture said that coming up one of his (Liddell's) middle weights would get knocked out.

One thing we can all learn from this is, keep your evil little plans secret and don't let the other team know. Team Couture got it switched up on them, and it went against them. Team Liddell didn't exactly 'dominate' against them in that challenge.

I'm surprised, Alex has only been training 1.5 years? And he got here already? That is surprisingly little but impressive. Ok, he did some wrestling before?

Quick fight between Diego and Alex, can't let the other person play his game. Would have liked to see it go on for longer. Team Couture ain't doing that well.
    Next episode is looking silly...do these people understand over-consumption of alcohol ain't good?
    Last edited by PizDoff; 2/08/2005 4:39am at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 1:08am

Style: non-aliveness BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who the hell thought that it would be cool for those guys to be wearing that frat-boy-looking necklace around their neck?

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Al wrestled in highschool and placed at the states.He showed up at my school having not trained any combat form in several years and less than 2 years latter he was on that TV show.
    "Haha, evidently Alex didnt get the memo that cross training is vital."

He came to me a wrestler.In short order he developed very good boxing.
    He just fought a terific fighter.I suspect he knew he didnt have the sub skills of diego and that if he stayed on the bottom that he'd get cut up by elbows.So he took a chance trying to get up rather than wait for the ref to break them.
    In hindsite Im sure he thinks it's the wrong one.
    His sub skills are good.Just not good at that level.
    What is a weakness next to very high level fighters is a strength vs local guys.
    Incidently I've never known him to swear that much....

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 2:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw ZERO wrestling and a haymaker thrown. I know I could have faired much better agaisnt DIEGO(EDIT). Much much better. Atleast in my first 1.5 years training I knew not to turn my back to a BJJ practioner.

He talked some **** about how he was gonna go home the victor and beat this guy and it back fired. It reminded me of an early UFC match - Extremely one sided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my original statement that sparked all this ****. I can fair much better than he did agaisnt the Diego. The second Big John says Lets get it on, I can instantly throw 2 punches in the air. Thats 1 more than Alex did. So I can in fact fair much better. What part of this do you people not understand??

Did I challenge Alex there? No
    Can I fair much better agaisnt Diego? Look at what I just wrote. Diego cant run across the ring at me fast enough to wrap me up before I throw 2 air punches. It's physically impossible.

Now had Alex landed that punch, it would have been a different story. Theres no chance in hell I could land on Diego. HOWEVER, ALEX DID NOT LAND THE PUNCH ON DIEGO.

Everyone I invite you to try this now. Throw 2 punches very fast in the air. At the same time have someone run at you full speed from 20 feet away. If you can get them off before he wraps you up. You can do better than Alex.

SORRY FOR HAVING AN OPINION!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Knightmare; 2/12/2005 12:37am at .

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 4:17am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you provide us with some video clips of your skill so we may then agree with your claim that you could have faired much better 'agaisnt Diaz'?

Who is really Diego Sanchez.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 4:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Would you provide us with some video clips of your skill so we may then agree with your claim that you could have faired much better 'agaisnt Diaz'?

Who is really Diego Sanchez.
    Someone who is very good at BJJ it seems. He also is very wise for his years. I fought kimbo slice, do you want that video?

Seriously though, anyone can do better than Alex did, he threw one punch and then got wailed on for a good minute. I can atleast do that!
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast