Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 3:33am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HH--

Hey, another 98G, cool. I'm a 98G PF/PL. Going over to the HUMINT side soon. I hear ya on never serving in your official MOS. Half the time I make a better MP or 12B. Where the **** were you at where you got a counselling statement for not smiling enough?

I spent eight months in Iraq, but was lucky enough to come back physically intact. Sorry to hear about the hand...I do art on the side as well...

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 3:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would not recommend joining the military at this time, unless you have a strong conviction in what the President is doing in Iraq or Afganistan since you stand a good chance of ending up there.

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 4:58am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    . . . and probably Iran soon
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 7:11am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Officer life is fairly easy. You'll spend a lot of your time in meetings, doing paperwork, redoingthe same paperwork when it gets lost (even though you originally had 10 ,000,000 copies) and generally cleaning up the mess your predecessor left you. You'll get a lot of "look at this f-ing cherry" looks from the senior NCO's under you.

You should volunteer to jump out of planes too.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 7:19am

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beka
    there was another guy who worked there, no older than 20, who said he was a special combat guy in the Army (although his man boobs were clearly visible underneath his shirt)......... and he has to have a special license to carry a gun and leave work early, in case he had to go on a mission. He told me that my feet hurting was NOTHING like the time he got stabbed in the chest on top of a mountain in Afganistan or some such place.............. and then preceeded to tell me that he taught some sort of super-deadly-crazy-killer-military thing, and that he was a trained killer............... But then he had to go back to the housewares department and sell someone a blender.
    Eighty Second
    Patch on my shoulder
    Pick up your blenders and follow me

I'M A FUCKING WANNABE
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 7:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    You'll get a lot of "look at this f-ing cherry" looks from the senior NCO's under you.
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH **** yeah, I just loved it when mean ol' First Sarn't or Sarn't Major gave the evil eye to a butter bar

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 7:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Macistani, I ain't trying to bust yer balls too much here or lead you away from joining but I like to be brutally honest when it comes to the Army. And on top of that I'm grumpy as **** this lovely goddamn New England morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Macistani
    So, I'm about 89.8% sure that I want to join ROTC/Army active duty. Anybody have insights into army life, more specifically, army life as an officer?
    First off bud, It would absolutely behoove you that you are 100% sure before you commit to anything. You don't want to waste your time or the Army's

Go here: www.branchorientation.com
    and here: www.armyocs.com

Last thing you wanna do is get to that absolute shithole they call "Reception Station" and change your mind and wanna quit cause you were only 89.8% sure. I've seen it happen. Then yer just a piece of **** slot burner. I hate slot burners.

Get Airborne as someone else said. And if yer going any kind of Combat Arms MOS, you sure as hell better go to Ranger School too with all the other buddy fucking O-1/2 cherries.

Also, since this is an MA board, how does it affect your MA training (excluding te obvious enhancements in Gun-fu).
    It doesn't. Unless you do it on your own time and seeing that everyone and his brother is being deployed right now I seriously doubt you being able to put much serious time into Ma training, even more so as an officer.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 8:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoratioHooah
    I've been in the Army for some years now, which is undoubtedly less than some of the other Army folk here.

I am a 98G CM - a voice interceptor with an MOS identifier in Mandarin. I have never, NEVER acted in the capacity of my MOS.

The only "blemishes" on my record are a couple counselings for a messy room and not smiling enough. Yes, I have been counselled for not smiling enough.

Six months of my time was spent in Afghanistan. I was sent home early after the distal portion of my right index finger was torn off in an accident caused by some retard who wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. I used to draw and paint, and now I cannot even properly hold a pencil anymore.

Upon returning I was immediately put to work.

I cut grass, pull staff duty, and sometimes clean the gym. Occasionally heavy boxes belonging to other people will appear, and I'll have to move from point A to point B. Sometimes I'll have to run phone wire through the ceiling for someone else. It seems to me that I am being punished everyday.

I was recently informed that I must either agree to extend my contract to PCS elsewhere, or finish out the year and a half left on my contract doing what I am doing now.

I have reached the point where I feel that joining the Army has been the GREATEST mistake of my life.

I know that cases like mine are rare (my battalion seems to breed them, however), and maybe I am being whiney, but I just felt obligated to let you know that things like this do happen to some people. The fact that you intend to go in as an officer will better your chances at a decent life.
    I feel your pain. I was lucky as **** when I left Regiment that I went to 3/187th infantry, 101st AA. At the time I was hoping to get to an LRSD/LRSU somewhere but it didn't happen. Fortunatly the unit I was sent to was squared away and I didn't have to put up with too much ****. Besides, I had new shitbag privates that I could use as chew-toys.

I remember such outstanding college courses that I took in the Army such as "buffthefloor 101", "scrubthegoddamnlatrine 102", "digingholesfornoapparentreason 103", one the worst was "guardtheEIBsiteontheweekend 104". My personal favorite was "ruckingformutherfuckingever 201".

Straight up, I respect the fact that you are serving your contract honorably. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide, Horatio.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 8:26am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hawkeye, how could you be grumpy when THIS is on the board?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...9&postcount=40

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2005 8:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    Hawkeye, how could you be grumpy when THIS is on the board?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...9&postcount=40
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to samurai_steve again.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast