Posted On:
    2/17/2005 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: 7 Star

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    OK, this is what Ive heard.

Heart rate can be usufull if you want to burn bodyfat. For example, say that youre a male of X age, then you should exercise to keep your heart rate between certain levels and for more than X tiem (Was it 30 mins.?) to begin to burn bodyfat. Ive heard this more than once and from people who were not newbies or uneducated in these issues. Correct me if Im wrong.

On a side note, at my gym there is a group guys who are over 50 and some of them may be in their 60s. They train together and they ALWAYS keep track of their heart rate, during sets, befroe an exercise, after it, etc... guess why.
    I love when people post **** about what they've heard or state what their opinion is. How about backing up your statements with some fact.

Oh and Mediocrates, how's this for "ego preservation"? Go **** yourself!

Posted On:
    2/17/2005 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regard my post more as a question rather than a statement, as it was intended to be.

And go **** yourself :thumbsup:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2005 4:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    And go **** yourself :thumbsup:

:happy3:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2005 7:30pm

Style: Fabio Santos BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heart rate can be usufull if you want to burn bodyfat. For example, say that youre a male of X age, then you should exercise to keep your heart rate between certain levels and for more than X tiem (Was it 30 mins.?) to begin to burn bodyfat. Ive heard this more than once and from people who were not newbies or uneducated in these issues. Correct me if Im wrong.
    Sure....but you'll be able to find the flaw by looking at this a different way: what is the driving factor for any change in body composition?

I love when people post **** about what they've heard or state what their opinion is. How about backing up your statements with some fact.
    I hope you're aware of the irony here.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    2/18/2005 3:25am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, a little truth behind the myth of the "fat burning zone". While it's true that a larger percentage of calories are burned from fat at lower intensity exercise, this is utterly meaningless.

I mean, us keyboard warriors right now are in our ideal fat burning zones, sitting in front of the computer. A very high percentage of our calories are being burned from fat right now. There's only one problem. NOT MANY CALORIES ARE BEING BURNED.

There is only one truth when it comes to a change in bodyweight. Calories in vs. Calories out. If you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight, end of story. It is your exercise habits which determine which type of weight is lost, and exercise expedites weight loss by increasing caloric expenditure.

So if you're trying to lose bodyfat, **** staying in a certain heart rate zone. Burn as many god damn calories as you can, eat good foods in moderation, and pick up a dumbbell every now and then.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2005 6:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrates
    I hope you're aware of the irony here.
    Actually, I've supplied 4 links to 4 different articles that suuport my views on heart rate training. :new_blowi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2005 8:37pm

Style: Fabio Santos BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I've supplied 4 links to 4 different articles that suuport my views on heart rate training.
    Did you actually READ those articles?
    Does the term "begging the question" mean anything to you?

Coincide with != support.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456