Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/21/2003 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S. Godzilla had the 17th highest budget on the site you linked to.

Additionally 136M isn't that much, the top 20 grossed >260M in the US market.

**You're all a-holes**

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/21/2003 6:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Course the to 20 ain't much and includes such stellar flicks as:

Titanic
    Home Alone
    Lion King, The
    Forrest Gump
    Shrek

Why this all is in 3 posts I don't know. Maybe I'm subconciously trying to catch up to wastrel's post count.

**You're all a-holes**

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/21/2003 6:38pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade, I'm a film professional. The industry is my job and other passion. I have a great deal of "experience", more than many critics because I'm not wearing rose colored glasses about the whole process. After you've had stuff thrown at you because an actress is feeling "vulnerable", you don't have a lot of illusions.

The Matrix was considered -- rightfully -- a technical masterpiece. Also, it made execs cream themselves because it made lots of money. That's about it.

It's still a fun movie to watch, but very cold and emotionless. All style and fluff. Just very, very beautiful style and fluff.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/21/2003 7:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKDChick: The fact that you work in the film industry make my heart smile. What do you do? Are you listed on the IMDb?

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/21/2003 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S. If you are on the IMDb but don't have any information down, I'll gladly write your biography.

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2003 7:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow I doubt that The Matrix would even be hailed by some individuals as a masterpiece if not for the multi-million dollar advertising campaign that proceeded its release, tantalising millions of moviegoers in a campaign that was sheer brilliance.

In terms of scriptwork and acting, the Matrix sucked ass. With Keanu "Dude!" Reeves at the helm, how could it be anything else. The pseudo-philosophy didn't induce anywhere near the amount of thought that films such as Gattaca and Minority Report induced, basically using snazzy visual effects to keep viewers interested.

And kept them interested it did. The 'Wire-Fu' Techniques it introduced, such as the 360 degree camera freeze and pan, were revolutionary. In terms of special effects, it deserves big props, but ultimately, thought-provoking it wasn't.

However, I'm sure everyone will agree with me that it was far, far better than the latest Star Wars movies. George Lucas deserves many slaps upside the head for letting his arrogance get in the way of DECENT SCRIPT EDITING!!!!!!

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/22/2003 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and you didnt get that in action movies before Matrix.
    I think Luan hit you in the head REALLY HARD. I love you Osiris, but this is crazy.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567