2/06/2005 9:42pm, #1
The first monthly Bullshido cookoff
The First Monthly Bullshido cookoff is the inspiration from threads showing off cooking prowess and gastronomic delight by a number of posters here. Now it's time to see who can handle the heat and who has to get out of the kitchen.
1. Every month, I will choose a theme/challenge for all interested parties to compete under. The prepared dishes must conform with every condition. This may be anything, such as "Make a dish for Trinity the ultra-feminist - must have lots of nuts to bite down on" or "No Booze, You Lose - Must use at least 3 drinks worth of alcoholic beverages in preparation"
2. Participants may not be judges for that month, but may judge others if they don't compete.
3. Pictures must be taken of the finished product, and posted for judging. www.tinypic.com will help those who do not have BBC access or their own means of hosting.
4. While odd and unusual ingredients may be featured or necessary for the recipes, frugality will be emphasized, as martial artists are spending their money on gear and instruction, and have little left over!
1. An odd number of judges, minimum of three, will judge each month. Judges may not participate in this fashion for two consecutive months.
2. In the interests of multiculturalism, priority will be given to including at least one non-American judge for each judging period. In the event none volunteer to judge, an All-American judging panel will be established.
3. Judging shall be completed on a 5 point scale on several measures. A score of 1 is the lowest score possible, a score of 5 is the highest score. The areas of measure are the following:
APPEARANCE: How organized/visually appealing is the dish? Is this one that if you saw a waiter carrying it for another table, you'd ask them what it was? Is it artistically presented?
DELICIOUSNESS: How damned tasty does the dish look? Do you just want to reach through the monitor and grab a bite, or do you want to shove it away with a piercing howl of disgust?
DESIRABILITY: Is this dish the one out of all the others that you'd start shopping for tomorrow to make yourself? Does the name sound exotic? Do the ingredients alone pique your interest before they say how its even made?
The highest possible score is 15, the lowest is 3.
4. In the event of a tie, the judges will re-evaluate the two dishes in question and administer a tie-breaking vote. One dish must receive the highest score at this point. Ties are not allowed.
1. Contestants must be able to take pictures of their dishes and post them on the forum.
2. Contestants must publish the name of the recipe, an ingredients list with proportions and names of the ingredients, and a step-by-step list of instructions. Cooking terminology may be employed (braised, julienned, etc.)
3. Contestants must also publish a description of the dish as if it were to be put on a restaurant menu. What type of restaurant and what type of menu is at the discretion of the contestant.
I'm open to hearing some possible improvements for the rules and requirements of this contest before we actually try to kick it off, so have at it.
2/06/2005 10:19pm, #2
2/06/2005 10:23pm, #3Originally Posted by Phrost
My mom doesn't let me use too much booze though cause its expensive though :( (she gets imported expensive stuff)
2/06/2005 10:41pm, #4
Well, barring any radical changes to rules, here is the first competition/dish:
MAKE SOMETHING SWEET WITH YOUR HONEY
With Valentine's Day coming up on the 14th a week from Monday, romantics should come up with a sweet, delightful treat.
Make and display a dessert involving honey as one of the primary ingredients. An automatic three points will be given to competitors who have the dessert pictures also featuring their partners/significant others/spouses/flavors of the month. Hell, just pull some random guy/girl off the street if you have to.
YOUR MOM DOES NOT COUNT. THAT IS FUCKING SICK.
Registration is open for at least three judges and all competitors.
I'm in for competing.
2/06/2005 10:46pm, #5
I don't have a camera, but since I love cooking I'd appreciate it if I could judge.Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg
2/06/2005 10:47pm, #6
Uhm, lets ammend it to say only if the person is cute.And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
2/06/2005 10:48pm, #7
(this post will be edited as contestants enter)
Last edited by Judah Maccabee; 2/07/2005 11:36am at .
2/06/2005 10:49pm, #8Originally Posted by greese1
2/06/2005 10:51pm, #9
Can we have ourselves in the picture if we can make ourselves look convincingly female?
2/06/2005 10:59pm, #10
I'd deduct three points from you for even thinking that alone.
Yes, I'm kidding, but no. You need your Valentine to be with the dessert.