Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/10/2005 1:48pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off Ken is doing a lot better and his training is coming along nicely. Since when did age play a factor in the UFC?

I am sorry, but Randy started fighting at the tender age of around 35. He managed to get a HW belt and a LHW belt just recently. Age has nothing to do with the caliber of a fighter.

The only thing age is an issue with is how fast you can recover. I really hate Tito and I just got done watching his performance at UFC 51.

Washed up LHW? Vitor is washed up? Is that why he put Tito on his ass 3 times and managed to wrestle him to halfguard and start reigning elbows?

I've seen them let Tito stay in someone's half guard for less work than Vitor was doing. They stood them up when clearly Vitor was working enough for it to stay down. Then Tito gets a take down...wow for 10 minutes he reopens the cut that Randy gave him...big whoop.

Tito has no type of finishing skills, he is incapable of actully showing any class. So he put the belt around Randy? What are you going to do? Trash talk him? The most respected fighter in the UFC? That would of definately not played well into his hands.

He would of been more hated than he already is and he doesn't want that. He claims that Chuck knocked him out because he poked him in the eye with his finger? Give me a break.

Tito is full of excuses and I hope Ken whoops his ass.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2005 1:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sorry, but Randy started fighting at the tender age of around 35. He managed to get a HW belt and a LHW belt just recently. Age has nothing to do with the caliber of a fighter.
    Randy is the exception, not the rule. Way to make a generalization out of an outstanding case. Go back to Sherdog you twat.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/10/2005 2:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken is being a bit embarrassing now. Credit to him for his skill levels and all that, but he's turning it into a WWF joke which, being a Brit, I'm allergic to. No doubt UFC love this sort of thing, like Kimo, Joe Son and Tank before.... they need grudges and extreme characters. Pitty -I prefer the fighting bit. Tyson and Sapp in K1 is an amusing parallel -can't see Shamrock getting anywhere.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/10/2005 8:57pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Ken is being a bit embarrassing now. Credit to him for his skill levels and all that, but he's turning it into a WWF joke which, being a Brit, I'm allergic to. No doubt UFC love this sort of thing, like Kimo, Joe Son and Tank before.... they need grudges and extreme characters. Pitty -I prefer the fighting bit. Tyson and Sapp in K1 is an amusing parallel -can't see Shamrock getting anywhere.
    Speaking of that, what the **** happened to the Lion's Den? 5-6 years ago everyone thought they were just the absolute best school and their fighters were winning left and right and now it just seems they dropped off the earth. I know Vernon had a match with Chuck at UFC 49 and Tra was supposed to but it feel through.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/11/2005 12:14am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's because all the fighters split up basically. They went there seperate ways, they weren't the best trainers anymore once Team Quest and Militech started coming around.

As for me making a generalization can you rephrase that? I made a generalization that age has nothing to do with the caliber of the fighter? Was there something wrong about that statement?

I can think of numerous other people who at an old age were able to whip the crap out of people. Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson. Supposedly the ultimate knock out puncher. George Foreman coming back at 40 to knock out the current Heavy Weight belt holder.

Jack Black started playing guitar at 36 and he made a career out of it. Age is nothing but a number. The reason Randy is so successful is because the way he trains. He trains to prevent injuries to himself.

He doesn't push himself so hard that he gets hurt. As for you calling me a sherdog twat, why don't you stop making assumptions about people who you don't know mother fucker.

I've been on this board a lot longer than you and you need to keep your mouth shut when you don't know what the **** your talking about.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123