Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:06am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    It's not like Ken is going out of his way to demand a rematch.
    Maybe I've misunderstood your post, but I'm fairly sure that Ken Shamrock storming into the octagon and then hollering "JUST SAY YES" 100 times looked a lot like he was "going out of his way".

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 5:35am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onny
    Maybe I've misunderstood your post, but I'm fairly sure that Ken Shamrock storming into the octagon and then hollering "JUST SAY YES" 100 times looked a lot like he was "going out of his way".
    Who called who out first?

Maybe I need to rephrase- Hes not going out of his way to demand the match. Right after the fight the first thing he didnt say was "REMATCH". Tito brought this upon himself and now hes gotta deal with Ken's nagging. Rumors are there that Shamrocks either fighting him or Rich Franklin at 205 at UFC 53.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 8:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time is not on Ken's side - he needs the fight ASAP. This time I think Tito should go up in weight rather than Ken come down. I can't stand Tito, but Ken's a big head too. I'd like Ken to win so he could retire on a high. It would be a shame if he became the George Foreman of MMA.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 8:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WSL Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onny
    Wouldnt you do the same if someone called you out of the blue?
    I'm sure Ken would hold his own in a street fight

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone remember what happened the last time Ken Shamrock took a grudge match?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    Time is not on Ken's side - he needs the fight ASAP. This time I think Tito should go up in weight rather than Ken come down. I can't stand Tito, but Ken's a big head too. I'd like Ken to win so he could retire on a high. It would be a shame if he became the George Foreman of MMA.
    What the hell are you talking about? I'd fuckin' buy two Ken Shamrock grills!
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time for a Masters Tour.

I'm a Shamrock fan, and I can admit I'm not sure all the knee surgery and regained weight in the world can put him on Tito's level. I don't have any great love for Tito, but I found myself being a lot more charitable in my estimation of his abilities after he put the belt on Randy Couture and acted like a man, which suggests that maybe I wasn't all that impartial.

I do think Shamrock is a better fighter than we saw last time, but no matter who the flavor of the week is, Tito Ortiz is dangerous and he just seems to match up well with Shamrock.

Personally, I don't think two losses to Tito Ortiz are going to be significantly more damaging to Ken's legacy than one devastating loss would be anyway. Shamrock is a pioneer and a great fighter in his own right. The greats aren't really diminished by losses late in their careers except in the eyes of the casual public. There's no way to know what your limits are if you don't push yourself to keep winning until you start losing consistently.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Time for a Masters Tour.

I'm a Shamrock fan, and I can admit I'm not sure all the knee surgery and regained weight in the world can put him on Tito's level. I don't have any great love for Tito, but I found myself being a lot more charitable in my estimation of his abilities after he put the belt on Randy Couture and acted like a man, which suggests that maybe I wasn't all that impartial.

I do think Shamrock is a better fighter than we saw last time, but no matter who the flavor of the week is, Tito Ortiz is dangerous and he just seems to match up well with Shamrock.

Personally, I don't think two losses to Tito Ortiz are going to be significantly more damaging to Ken's legacy than one devastating loss would be anyway. Shamrock is a pioneer and a great fighter in his own right. The greats aren't really diminished by losses late in their careers except in the eyes of the casual public. There's no way to know what your limits are if you don't push yourself to keep winning until you start losing consistently.
    Also, their last fight, Ken was 4-5 fights into his career after his 3 1/2 year lay off to the WWF, while Tito was in prime. I think Ken is gonna fair alot better, especially if it happens at above 205 like they are talking about.

I honestly hope he sinks an ankle lock on Tito and snaps his ankle into a million pieces and ruins his career forever- Sorry but Tito Ortiz is a fucking douche bag.
    Last edited by Knightmare; 2/07/2005 4:40pm at .

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    I like having him around. He reminds me of "Uncle Rico" from Napolean Dynamite only with MMA as his pipe dream instead of football.
    Someone should have given Ken a steak to throw at Tito!

:XXpig:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 11:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say though- Ken has changed up his training alot, training with people like Erick Paulson. He knocked that huge mother fucker kimo out in like 30 seconds. Mayby he'll do better this second time around.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast