221420 Bullies, 3933 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 25
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Onny is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Broadstairs, UK
    Posts
    116

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:06am


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    It's not like Ken is going out of his way to demand a rematch.
    Maybe I've misunderstood your post, but I'm fairly sure that Ken Shamrock storming into the octagon and then hollering "JUST SAY YES" 100 times looked a lot like he was "going out of his way".
  2. Knightmare is offline

    DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,473

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 5:35am


     Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onny
    Maybe I've misunderstood your post, but I'm fairly sure that Ken Shamrock storming into the octagon and then hollering "JUST SAY YES" 100 times looked a lot like he was "going out of his way".
    Who called who out first?

    Maybe I need to rephrase- Hes not going out of his way to demand the match. Right after the fight the first thing he didnt say was "REMATCH". Tito brought this upon himself and now hes gotta deal with Ken's nagging. Rumors are there that Shamrocks either fighting him or Rich Franklin at 205 at UFC 53.
  3. Matsufubu is offline
    Matsufubu's Avatar

    To the Bat Pole!

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,761

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 8:31am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time is not on Ken's side - he needs the fight ASAP. This time I think Tito should go up in weight rather than Ken come down. I can't stand Tito, but Ken's a big head too. I'd like Ken to win so he could retire on a high. It would be a shame if he became the George Foreman of MMA.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .
  4. v1o is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    189

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 8:54am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WSL Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onny
    Maybe I've misunderstood your post, but I'm fairly sure that Ken Shamrock storming into the octagon and then hollering "JUST SAY YES" 100 times looked a lot like he was "going out of his way".
    Wouldnt you do the same if someone called you out of the blue?
    I'm sure Ken would hold his own in a street fight
  5. Knightmare is offline

    DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,473

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:01pm


     Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone remember what happened the last time Ken Shamrock took a grudge match?
  6. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,791

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    Time is not on Ken's side - he needs the fight ASAP. This time I think Tito should go up in weight rather than Ken come down. I can't stand Tito, but Ken's a big head too. I'd like Ken to win so he could retire on a high. It would be a shame if he became the George Foreman of MMA.
    What the hell are you talking about? I'd fuckin' buy two Ken Shamrock grills!
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  7. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time for a Masters Tour.

    I'm a Shamrock fan, and I can admit I'm not sure all the knee surgery and regained weight in the world can put him on Tito's level. I don't have any great love for Tito, but I found myself being a lot more charitable in my estimation of his abilities after he put the belt on Randy Couture and acted like a man, which suggests that maybe I wasn't all that impartial.

    I do think Shamrock is a better fighter than we saw last time, but no matter who the flavor of the week is, Tito Ortiz is dangerous and he just seems to match up well with Shamrock.


    Personally, I don't think two losses to Tito Ortiz are going to be significantly more damaging to Ken's legacy than one devastating loss would be anyway. Shamrock is a pioneer and a great fighter in his own right. The greats aren't really diminished by losses late in their careers except in the eyes of the casual public. There's no way to know what your limits are if you don't push yourself to keep winning until you start losing consistently.
    *********************************************
  8. Knightmare is offline

    DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,473

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 4:37pm


     Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Time for a Masters Tour.

    I'm a Shamrock fan, and I can admit I'm not sure all the knee surgery and regained weight in the world can put him on Tito's level. I don't have any great love for Tito, but I found myself being a lot more charitable in my estimation of his abilities after he put the belt on Randy Couture and acted like a man, which suggests that maybe I wasn't all that impartial.

    I do think Shamrock is a better fighter than we saw last time, but no matter who the flavor of the week is, Tito Ortiz is dangerous and he just seems to match up well with Shamrock.


    Personally, I don't think two losses to Tito Ortiz are going to be significantly more damaging to Ken's legacy than one devastating loss would be anyway. Shamrock is a pioneer and a great fighter in his own right. The greats aren't really diminished by losses late in their careers except in the eyes of the casual public. There's no way to know what your limits are if you don't push yourself to keep winning until you start losing consistently.
    Also, their last fight, Ken was 4-5 fights into his career after his 3 1/2 year lay off to the WWF, while Tito was in prime. I think Ken is gonna fair alot better, especially if it happens at above 205 like they are talking about.

    I honestly hope he sinks an ankle lock on Tito and snaps his ankle into a million pieces and ruins his career forever- Sorry but Tito Ortiz is a fucking douche bag.
    Last edited by Knightmare; 2/07/2005 4:40pm at .
  9. Red Elvis is offline
    Red Elvis's Avatar

    Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Soviet State Of Kalifornia
    Posts
    2,201

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 10:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    I like having him around. He reminds me of "Uncle Rico" from Napolean Dynamite only with MMA as his pipe dream instead of football.
    Someone should have given Ken a steak to throw at Tito!

    :XXpig:
    .
    :icon_twis
    .

    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
  10. antonanton is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    238

    Posted On:
    2/07/2005 11:42pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say though- Ken has changed up his training alot, training with people like Erick Paulson. He knocked that huge mother fucker kimo out in like 30 seconds. Mayby he'll do better this second time around.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.