Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is Ken Shamrock delusional?

WTF is he doing storming into the ring after Tito's match and sqeaking away like a little bitch about how Tito is afraid to fight him?

Isn't this the guy who was completely OWNED by Tito Ortiz during their last match?

Either this was a fake WWF style argument or someone has convinced Ken Shamrock that he's not a has-been. From his performance last time it would take a pretty slick guy to sell Shamrock on the idea that he should even fight again. Bill Clinton would have trouble getting him to beleiev he has a snowball's chance in hell.

Did anyone see the guy in the audience right behind Shamrock ripping on him?

Everytime Shamrock would start saying Tito Ortiz was all talk some guy would point to Ken and start making yapping motions with his hand while mouthing that Shamrock was all talk. I was hoping he'd see the guy and at least give us a brawl. Shamrock isn't good for much else.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shamrock will never let it go. Ever.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like having him around. He reminds me of "Uncle Rico" from Napolean Dynamite only with MMA as his pipe dream instead of football.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 4:54pm

Style: Aikido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the story goes that Shamrock was injured for the first fight. Probably wouldn't have changed the result but is enough to make him think he's got a shot. My take is he needs to fight and beat Tito to still be a someone, he wants to be a someone so he's signed to fight but Tito is doing his usual contract quibbling and refuses to sign. If that's the case you can see how Ken would be pissed. Here's a guy that he's desperate to fight, but who wont' agree to a fight talking smack about him. That'd be pretty frustrating.

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 5:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They need to have a geriatric UFC

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 5:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poor Ken...he thinks he can be Randy "I'm not too old fot this ****" Couture. If I had my ass handed to me the way Ken did by TIto, I would definately want a rematch, but I certainly would not talk that much **** on it!

As for Tito, he fought really well last night. Unfortuantely it was a narrow split decision against a (once again) lackluster Vitor. Just enough success to fill Tito's blowhard lungs agian for **** talking. As bad as Ken was for talking **** on a guy who whupped his ass, Tito did the same thing to Chuck. I bet Tito pulls the contract tango with Chuck again. He is all mouth, muscle, and marketing.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 6:07pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    WTF is he doing storming into the ring after Tito's match and sqeaking away like a little bitch about how Tito is afraid to fight him?

Isn't this the guy who was completely OWNED by Tito Ortiz during their last match?

Either this was a fake WWF style argument or someone has convinced Ken Shamrock that he's not a has-been. From his performance last time it would take a pretty slick guy to sell Shamrock on the idea that he should even fight again. Bill Clinton would have trouble getting him to beleiev he has a snowball's chance in hell.

Did anyone see the guy in the audience right behind Shamrock ripping on him?

Everytime Shamrock would start saying Tito Ortiz was all talk some guy would point to Ken and start making yapping motions with his hand while mouthing that Shamrock was all talk. I was hoping he'd see the guy and at least give us a brawl. Shamrock isn't good for much else.
    Tito called him out. He didnt back down. Tito wants a rematch with Couture and Liddell, he deserves those rematches just as much as Ken deserves a rematch with Tito. He wants to retire with a win over Tito, you cant blame him. I mean their match was the single biggest draw in North Americann MMA history. It will do great for the sport to have another rematch and gain more exposure. Plus Tito called Ken out after his win over Kimo at the press conference, can you blame Ken for accepting it? It's not like Ken is going out of his way to demand a rematch. Tito's exact quote at the press conference was ''Why dont we do it again sometime?'' If Tito didnt want the rematch he shouldnt have ran his mouth.

And whats with all this Ken Shamrock hating? Had Ken Shamrock not existed,MMA wouldnt be what it is today.

No he's not delusional, he fought with a bad ACL and at 205, if he fights at over 205 like hes trying to get the match to be, he will fair ALOT better than the first time.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 8:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WSL Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Tito started on him the guy was cussing everyone!!!
    His reaction was just for show

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 8:43pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked how he said he was back, haha. Winning to a washed up light heavyweight via split decision doesnt mean you are back, it means you barely won.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2005 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn it! it was so weak- i got to see every fight but the main event! my dad kicked me out of the TV room. I did also see the shamrock/ortiz fight and I've never seen someone get rocked harder than shamrock did. You have to give it up to the guy for taking the beating so well for so long though. still- he's to old.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast