Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Teh Ribz~

I was crying about my sprained toe last week.

What a ***** I was being. A good amount of athletic tape and I could function just fine.

Last night however I was sick going to class. And this has been particularly grueling training as we prepare for GQ, Copa Pacifica, and Pan Am's. So I was REALLY tired during the takedown portion of the class because I was sick. And you know when you are tired you are more easily injured because your defenses arent that good.

Well...it happened. I got thrown and twisted in an awkward position. And then my opponent landed on me. Not that big a deal if he hadn't weighed 50+lbs more than me. Ouch. I twisted and fought but couldn't do much. Almost got caught in an armlock from the half guard because I couldnt breath muchless defend myself.

So I went one more round with someone my size but there was pain. A weird pain.

I stretched out a little and felt/heard this popping. Like the ribs were rolling over each other at the tips. Then comes the swelling. And more pain. No full breaths for me. And I gotta sit hunched over.

Today its bad. Real bad. Like going to the doctor bad. Like I think I need an Xray bad. I know what it is, its a separated rib. But I want that Xray to make sure something aint cracked.

So here I am....taken out of fuckin action again. Gonna miss the competitions I KNOW IT. I am not happy at all.

Take this moment to realize its a good day to be you, mainly because you aren't me.

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We still love you, Yrkoon9.

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 3:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Injuries suck. I missed 2 comps so far....

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to the doc tommorow. I don't really dread that. I dread having to show up at the gym and explain why I can't train.

My instructor is one of those types who seems to think that you can train through any kind of injury. He seems to respect those who tape it up and move on and frown on those who take time off. But in this case I think its time off for me - and a big FU to him.

This is like a triple downer. Im bummed I am injured and cant train/compete. I am bummed I have to tell my coach and my team. I am bummed I will have to start my conditioning work over from scratch.

The good thing is my anger and resentment will be released upon forum after forum during time I would normally be training. I am sure everyone is happy to hear that.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    2/03/2005 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your school must have bad rib chi (or Chinese Spare Ribs for those "Return of the Dragon" fans). I was lucky to only escape with a bruised rib from the Vegas throwdown. I can't imagine a separated rib. Sorry to hear about that (and the missing comps thing), but at least you're smart enough to go see a doctor. I know too many people that would rather rely on goofy mystic, or natural healing methods and avoid doctors (coming from a kung fu background and all), no matter how many times we recommend they see a doctor.

I had a friend that separated his rib once, but he said he was still able to play basketball and stuff like that. He had to tape it up everyday, though. Of course I still think time off is a much better option, considering there's a lot more pressure on the ribs grapplin'.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)