Our Sponsors:

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 2:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SenShiS View Post
    Obviously everyone has heard of you and you are a flawless fighter who could beat him? that's where all this criticism from your mouth comes from?
    When did I say anything like that? My criticism is not aimed at that fighter, but at people who are trying to ride on that little success he has, like you.

He was fighting a guy who was clearly out of shape and scared. His only attempt at offense was that poor attempt at front kick. Do you expect that we all jump on his nuts now? I'm not impressed.

When he used only WC he lost right? Now he wins because of cross training. Any footage of him using that WC striking on a opponent known for a technical standup?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 2:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Not in this case the face has been smashed and the hands have fallen off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 2:45pm

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He lost, trained MMA, and won his first fight using 100% real wing chun?

Go stick your head in a toilet.

If he credits his MMA gym, in an interview, your interpretation is irrelevant.
    ...now you guys are the one's calling mma a style? ... he learned BJJ ... that's it... and all he did was use chain punching, vertical fist uppercuts and knocked out some BJJ ass... oh and btw that wasn't his first fight please read my post again >_< ... you could also read the video description he wrote on the video with him knocking out the bjj guy...

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 2:50pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's one for you tough-ass grapplers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9sB0pumXU
    Good job on Mr. Obasi's part. To be honest though, his opponent looked less than awesome.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing Mr. Obasi fight more in the future. If he continues to win, it will somewhat validate his brand of Wing Chun.

To be fully validated, several different fighters of varying weight classes from different lineages would have to post consistent winning records.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 2:52pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's one for you tough-ass grapplers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9sB0pumXU

i guess sometimes girly patty cake is all you need against your wannabe mma ass???

Are you trying to to get assholes to appologize by being a bigger ass yourself?

MMA is not a style so much as it is a venue to showcase anything you think might work against someone that wants to defeat you mostly for his own personal satisfaction more so than to validate his style for the followers to rejoice.

Your training is benefiting or hurting you and you alone unless you are teaching. If you are a teacher you need to have your own proof not someone else.

Other than his initial stance that fighter did not use any method of fighting to drastic from any other system. The winner states he is upset, wished he would have been paired up with a better opponent. His success is obviously from his training and not really proof that Wing Chun as a style is better than a rule set (MMA) with more flexibility than Wing Chun.

Yes, I am a WC man not arguing the merits of WC but telling you to do something about it yourself if you want to prove a point. Otherwise wait for better and more examples to offset the crap WC currently has on display.

Itís a common phenomenon that any misfortune needs a much greater success in order to convince others the misfortune is a fluke or a thing of the past.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 3:21pm

Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes i realize that it is Obasi's hard training that let him win... but i simply get upset when wc simply gets bashed :/ i mean okay i understand you don't like the forms, and the air-swining etc. But some of these insults just kind of go too far wouldn't you think so? I mean there's a hell load more videos that prove wing chun is effective in full contact ex. here's a couple:
    YouTube- J.L.A fightnight MMA/Kickboxing vs. Wing Tsun
    YouTube- Wing Chun vs. Kickboxing dude
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fighterm.../9/9AWX38W2MMk

... also please understand i'm not trying to take anything away from judo either. But it gets really frustrating :/ ... i also saw someone on this board making a very good point... "you wanna know why wing chun sucks? - POLITICS!" Because there are many wing chun organizations out there (example many of the one's following leung ting, who just take people who have a fascination over kung-fu they see in the movies and take LOADS of money for training... and tell them "you are learning the most effective form by the greatest grandmaster on earth - Leung Ting, etc. And in their seminars during the student exams you can become a level 5 practitioner (on a 12level system) if you know a little bit of technique... because all they want is money and they charge 30 euro for a level exam, (paid seperately for every level) and their technique teaches you to "be soft, have relaxed arms... they should be like springs" and in real fighting situations they just get the hell beat out of them :/ ... and in the video by bullshido titled "bad muay thai vs wing chun" i saw a wing chun guy who was supposedly practicing for 18months in a stance with his arms relaxed, and even if the muay thai guy punched straight at his hands his fist just went straight through them, he didn't even move, his hands collapsed and the fist rammed right in his face :/ not to take anything away from muay thai, i know they are great fighters, but i think you get my point :/ ... the wc'er didn't even "appear to be resisting" sough to speak :D. My wing chun school has full contact fighting tournaments 2-3 times a year, i do have a clip which was made by reporters for their website, it involves an interview with the lead sifu from our organization, technique demonstrations and the full contact tournament...we actually compete for gold medals but i guess that is irrelevant :D anyway just saying if you want i can upload the video, or just the clips from the full contact fights (though i think they made some weird choices when cutting out the material on what to put in the clip but whatever :D) ... anyway that's all i... i am no master, i am a trainee and a competitor, also hoping to maybe one day become a professional fighter, or a sifu.
    Finally i would like to clarify that i am not trying to put down mixed martial arts, judo in particular or anything else... I am not saying that if you practice wing chun you beat judo, just saying it feels bad when you see someone that had his pocket abused for his training, who is standing with his body soft and a lot of self confidence that he's going to win and getting his ass kicked and then seeing people who say that the entire style sucks, when in fact it is the school/person that did.

Alright guys, i said what i wanted to say :D sorry again, for me getting a little hotheaded at the beginning and for my horrid english! (sry not my primary language :D)
    Thank you for reading! ;)

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 3:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Regardless, I look forward to seeing Mr. Obasi fight more in the future. If he continues to win, it will somewhat validate his brand of Wing Chun.
    For his striking yes.

http://mmajournalist.blogspot.com/20...awn-obasi.html

YouTube- Wing Chun's Armor Bearer- Shawn "SEAL THE DEAL" Obasi VS VT Wrestling Champ

As many have already, I'm not going to give props to the guy whenever some knuckle headed chunner digs out his video. Not only is it old, it doesn't show his progression.

This is what I mean by the chunners that have jaded everyone chainpunch.

"WIng Chun works look at this guy."
    This guy is posting from Lithuania so, he can't be training at this guys gym.

The asshole are the posters that always start or drop this BS and it is equal on both sides.

It is a complete game. MMA fighters credit all of their styles. Only CMAers and Karatekas want to put the entire onus on their style. It is silly.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/04/2010 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can dig up the one from UFC 5 where the WC guy is TKO'd in less than 28 seconds...

...VERY different than the MMA of today, so what's the point?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930