Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord shorty View Post
    i actually dont think that u are supposed to fight liek u are playing chi sau or one of its derivatives. chi sau is training an understanding of energy flow in various systems, body dynamics in various systems, and certain types of applied reflex development in addition to stability, mental focus, ground work, stance building, body connection, relaxation, intuition and power buildup and release...

Please go read through the 100000 other Wing Chun threads. I don't have time to explain reality to another idiot today.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:01pm

Style: shotokan karate, capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    Because you can't think for yourself and need someone in silk pajamas telling you how to behave?
    so u have been a master in how many martial arts straight out of the womb eh eh? which ones bjj, muai thai? gun kata?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:03pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    This kind of **** is why I am desperately disappointed that I am unable to come down and show you the error of your ways.
    There is a fundamental difference between tying someones arms up when you have the mounted and tying them up when the person is able to move away from/around you.
    People who know how to fight do not stick their arms out and let you **** with them. And while you are slapfighting at their arms trying to make your mythical trapping work they are punching you in the head.
    I kno me2, i put up a thread in the t down section btu no one wants to play with me :( oh well..

I'm aware fo that lol, I nerver said I could use trapping onn a boxer. I've used it in sparring agasint my freind who was using the little bit of boxing i taught him but it took a feew failed tries. The big problem with it is that a real fighter will move around and not stay stationary. I know that. I keep tellin you guys I work with thai fighters and boxer's on a regular basis I'm really not as deluded as you all seem to think.

But, that doesnt emasn I'm not goignt o try to trap you. See the fundamental differnce between me and other chunners that I've seen is when I spar I actaully attempt to do the things I train in drills and chi sao. I might get punched int eh face for failing but I wills till try. And eventually I'l get the timing right and I'll suceed. Just liek anything else trapping takes alot of practice to do in a real fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please go read through the 100000 other Wing Chun threads. I don't have time to explain reality to another idiot today.

ok i will search. so the things i am discussing have been discussed in an enlightening and knowledge enhancing fashion?

in 6 years i want to spar some of u guys deal? i dont care how long u have been training. gimme six years or until further notice.

at least we will all get some good training in.

is there a thread i can start so i know the mechanics of how we will be sparring???

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:04pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so u have been a master in how many martial arts straight out of the womb eh eh? which ones bjj, muai thai? gun kata?
    None. It is in my style field genius.

That said, I'm still smart enough to make my own ethical decisions without someone, whose job it is to teach fighting ability, giving me a bunch of pseudo-philosophy lectures.

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:12pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok i will search. so the things i am discussing have been discussed in an enlightening and knowledge enhancing fashion?

in 6 years i want to spar some of u guys deal? i dont care how long u have been training. gimme six years or until further notice.

at least we will all get some good training in.

is there a thread i can start so i know the mechanics of how we will be sparring???

6 years? Seriously? How about you let us know where you are (country, state, region, nothing too specific is needed) and you come to a throwdown in your area and spar in 6 weeks? What do you need to train in for 6 years before you are ready to spar someone?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:16pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6 years? Seriously? How about you let us know where you are (country, state, region, nothing too specific is needed) and you come to a throwdown in your area and spar in 6 weeks? What do you need to train in for 6 years before you are ready to spar someone?
    well i imagine his capoeira would take some time to use in a fight due to physical strain it deamnds and in addition to conditioning he'd have to gain teh proper balance and timing so 6 years sounds reasonable in that respect. shotokan should be abotu 6<7 weeks though.

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:19pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord Shorty:
    Start here: Integrative Wing Chun. - No BS Martial Arts
    And here: Re:Wing Chun does not work? - No BS Martial Arts <--- this thread will answer 99.999999% of all chun related issues.

If you have anything new to add after you read those two threads, THEN you can post your stupid ****.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    See the fundamental differnce between me and other chunners that I've seen is when I spar I actaully attempt to do the things I train in drills and chi sao.
    Yeah...that's great as long as the drills you train are realistic. The problem is that most wing chun drills are not (and I'll tell you straight up that chi sao is not)...and therefore you end up getting...as you said above, punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    I might get punched int eh face for failing but I wills till try. And eventually I'l get the timing right and I'll suceed. Just liek anything else trapping takes alot of practice to do in a real fight.
    You get nothing but respect from me for testing out your art...but don't assume that if it is not working it is because you aren't doing it right, or that your timing isn't right. It might be that the technique just sucks and is not realistic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2009 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok there is a fightclub here in town (tallahassee florida)

i will have to start going there!!!!