225004 Bullies, 3822 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 251 to 260 of 298
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:37am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is that competitive eater beating up on that interpretive dancer? Is this some kind of performance art?
  2. lord shorty is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    i live in a vortex of consciousness
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:41am


     Style: shotokan karate, capoeira

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril View Post
    Or, more likely, you'd have terrible ingrained habits you had to be trained out of.
    like what?
    there are studies about stance that say that in fear induced stress, police men always (almost) take a front on stance instead of a bladed stance. (meaning their chest is parallel to the target they are shooting at) even if they have trained otherwise. the martial art imo trains other attributes then the moves that one is doing. wing chun punches teach body connection, focus and relaxation imo. its a feeling and understanding that can be applied to many other arm movements as well.

    i actualyl think i am right. i dontt hink a lot of people get traditinal martial arts.

    but i would like to discuss
    Last edited by lord shorty; 6/17/2009 11:44am at .
  3. wingchunx2z is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    767

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:42am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord shorty View Post
    please explain

    also

    what is trapping?

    what is the WC style of trapping. or can u put into words how the style of WC trapping doesnt work for the structure of boxing, and what in the structure of boxing makes this so?

    fghopuin
    Btw trapping is more or less when one arm crosses the other for whatever reason if a slight force is applied down or in then teh arm's become immobilized for a split second allowing you to control both fo thier limbs with only one fo yours.

    you see it in the UFC all the time whent eh guy on top in mount pushes the bottom guy's wrists to teh floor and pins them both while strikign with oen hand. it's cruder and less fancy but it's effective. a similar example is the mma crucifix where you slide your knee on one arm then go fro americana. If they straighten their arm out to defend then you put your head down and trap the other arm effectively locking both of their hands down.

    Matt hughes likes using this method and I've finished a few mma light spar fights from this position.
  4. Evil Solvalou is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:44am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord shorty View Post
    like what?
    Like training Wing Chun.
  5. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:47am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Btw trapping is more or less when one arm crosses the other for whatever reason if a slight force is applied down or in then teh arm's become immobilized for a split second allowing you to control both fo thier limbs with only one fo yours.

    you see it in the UFC all the time whent eh guy on top in mount pushes the bottom guy's wrists to teh floor and pins them both while strikign with oen hand. it's cruder and less fancy but it's effective. a similar example is the mma crucifix where you slide your knee on one arm then go fro americana. If they straighten their arm out to defend then you put your head down and trap the other arm effectively locking both of their hands down.

    Matt hughes likes using this method and I've finished a few mma light spar fights from this position.

    This kind of **** is why I am desperately disappointed that I am unable to come down and show you the error of your ways.
    There is a fundamental difference between tying someones arms up when you have the mounted and tying them up when the person is able to move away from/around you.
    People who know how to fight do not stick their arms out and let you **** with them. And while you are slapfighting at their arms trying to make your mythical trapping work they are punching you in the head.
  6. lord shorty is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    i live in a vortex of consciousness
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:49am


     Style: shotokan karate, capoeira

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    WC is the most effective style for fighting on the Str£et.
    Judo does'nt train for multiple opponents or have striking whereas WC is a complete system that has grappling in the forms. Also Judo and MMA are sport fighting and dont teach deadly techniques like eye gouges and Biu Tze strikes to the throat. It was invented by a woman so therefore does not rely on strength, you learn to use your opponents strength against him....LOLZ

    the long pole is used to train specific attributes like body connection, focus and stance. i dont know the rest since i never made it there.

    many people dont understand traditional martial arts. even those that practice and teach it....

    another thing


    the scoffing at the philosophy and mental side of the arts is kind of proving the point of why the mental and philosophical and spiritual components are included in the first place...
  7. lord shorty is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    i live in a vortex of consciousness
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:52am


     Style: shotokan karate, capoeira

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Btw trapping is more or less when one arm crosses the other for whatever reason if a slight force is applied down or in then teh arm's become immobilized for a split second allowing you to control both fo thier limbs with only one fo yours.

    you see it in the UFC all the time whent eh guy on top in mount pushes the bottom guy's wrists to teh floor and pins them both while strikign with oen hand. it's cruder and less fancy but it's effective. a similar example is the mma crucifix where you slide your knee on one arm then go fro americana. If they straighten their arm out to defend then you put your head down and trap the other arm effectively locking both of their hands down.

    Matt hughes likes using this method and I've finished a few mma light spar fights from this position.
    cool

    those are good moves. im pretty sure wing chun would like that right?

    they like to get in fast and obstruct the other persons ability to utilize the center. it sounds fancy but its the same thing, get in close and immobilize the dangerous parts of the opponent and then do what comes next.

    i am only speaking from my own bullshido in my head.
  8. lord shorty is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    i live in a vortex of consciousness
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:54am


     Style: shotokan karate, capoeira

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    This kind of **** is why I am desperately disappointed that I am unable to come down and show you the error of your ways.
    There is a fundamental difference between tying someones arms up when you have the mounted and tying them up when the person is able to move away from/around you.
    People who know how to fight do not stick their arms out and let you **** with them. And while you are slapfighting at their arms trying to make your mythical trapping work they are punching you in the head.
    i actually dont think that u are supposed to fight liek u are playing chi sau or one of its derivatives. chi sau is training an understanding of energy flow in various systems, body dynamics in various systems, and certain types of applied reflex development in addition to stability, mental focus, ground work, stance building, body connection, relaxation, intuition and power buildup and release...
  9. Evil Solvalou is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:57am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord shorty View Post
    the scoffing at the philosophy and mental side of the arts is kind of proving the point of why the mental and philosophical and spiritual components are included in the first place...
    Because you can't think for yourself and need someone in silk pajamas telling you how to behave?
  10. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    6/17/2009 11:57am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are not good moves, "trapping" is a made up range and the techniques are completely impractical and don't work in an alive setting.

    The mental/spritiual/philisophical side of martial arts is SECONDARY to the ability to fight. In order for something to be a Martial Art it must FIRST AND FOREMOST teach you to fight effectively. Everything after that is bonus and largely irrelevant.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.