Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 2:28pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    no one cares about wing chun,
    That makes sense, after all none of them know what Wing Chun is.

jiu-jitsu is deeply personal.
    I agree. I have seen from jiu-jitsu competitions and sparring sessions, that you guys really like to get DEEP and PERSONAL. :la: :laughing7

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseFist
    They sparr in WC stances using WC foot work which combine to give their striking the WC power
    WC stances and WC footwork must be opposing quantities in order to yield something as pathetic as WC power.

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 7:37pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For your information, Wing Chun weeded out the bullshit techniques and practices a few centuries ago.
    You lost me at your inability to admit that Wing Chun by and large still has massive amounts of McDojoism and Bullshido seeped into it.

Once again, another guy with "There's only the real Wing Chun." No matter, it's still your art saturated with Bullshido not mine.

I agree. I have seen from jiu-jitsu competitions and sparring sessions, that you guys really like to get DEEP and PERSONAL
    Lemme guess, you're trying to be original and funny but failing at both with the same old BJJ is the gay schtick. This comming from someone who calls slap fighting a martial art. Troll away as usual.
    Last edited by Psycho Dad; 1/08/2006 9:53pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 1:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WC stances and WC footwork must be opposing quantities in order to yield something as pathetic as WC power.

By that comment you just proved my point. You and others who badmouth Wing Chun don't know what Wing Chun is. It is not your fault as the majority of WC schools out there are crap and that is what you have been exposed to.

But just because you have been exposed to crap does not mean that you can talk crap. So go and enlighten yourself or just don't make negative comments about something you know nothing about.

Thanks in advance.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 1:47pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But just because you have been exposed to crap does not mean that you can talk crap. So go and enlighten yourself or just don't make negative comments about something you know nothing about.

Thanks in advance.
    Where do you train?
    Show us your school and it's gonna make all the argumentation here useless.
    Or come to a throwdown and show off the real _ing _un.

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By that comment you just proved my point. You and others who badmouth Wing Chun don't know what Wing Chun is. It is not your fault as the majority of WC schools out there are crap and that is what you have been exposed to.

Thanks in advance.
    Somehow I doubt you know where to find this "real" wing chun either. Otherwise you could show us.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 2:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For your information, Wing Chun weeded out the bullshit techniques and practices a few centuries ago. All the bad WC that you come across nowadays is the result of unqualified "sifus" passing on their "knowledge".
    I think the point he was trying to make was not about "why is there so much crap in WC," the point was that there still is alot of crap in WC. And that every Wing Chunner and their mother is going around with the exact same argument you have about the rest of the Wing Chun community about their "real wing chun."

In Wing Chun and kung fu in general the unecessary asking of questions are discouraged. However, my sifu would spend a long time and even after class to answer RELEVANT questions. Also, the more you practise, then the more you understand and hence you are less likely to ask irrelevant questions, which are discouraged in kung fu in the first place. It is a complicated art, you know.
    This is ridiculous. Not every student you will receive is going to be a martial arts genius. Beginners will always have questions - don't answer them, and they will fill in the blanks themselves.

Define "unnecessary asking of questions"... I'm actually in grad school for health professions (where tjere is no such thing as a stupid question), and if someone doesn't ask a question they have in class, well that might cost them their patient's life someday. Similarly, if you are learning self defense, and have questions, no matter how fucktarded, if you don't ask them, it may cost you your life or other people's lives someday.

My sifu dicourages competitions. Other sifus encourage it. However, my sifu encourages "active" sparring. The difference is that the sparring comes at later stages of training when the student has grasped the stances and basic techniques and has built up a solid knowledge of concepts. As a result, our sparring does not involve "Wing Chunners" bouncing around around like kick boxers/TKDers, etc. using the THEN ineffective WC strikes. They sparr in WC stances using WC foot work which combine to give their striking the WC power, i.e. REAL Wing Chun/Kung Fu, yes REAL, rather than a bunch of kick boxers kickboxing in kung fu uniforms. And yes it takes a long time to achieve those skills.
    I don't see why you couldn't compete with these stances with footwork and their power. You don't want to be kung fu but be a carbon copy of your everyday kickboxer? Fine. Train for a while. Then compete. Define "active" sparring. This taboo of many WC practitioners on competition is getting really, really old. My WC sifu was sick of it. He made each and every one of his students compete in various competitions. Otherwise you will get stuck training live resistance sparring against people you know who practice a style you are familiar with. End result - you end up only sparring against people of a specific size, response time, who move similar, use similar strikes, etc etc. Eh, but least you are sparring. That puts you a mile ahead of most WC...

Stochastic live resistance >> just live resistance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 2:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reis
    You lost me at your inability to admit that Wing Chun by and large still has massive amounts of McDojoism and Bullshido seeped into it.
    You have lost me in your inability to understand that Wing Chun is a legitimate and an effective martial arts system and me stating that it has weeded out unnecessary and ineffective techniques does not mean that WC does not have massive amounts of Mcdojoisms. Infact this same Mcdojoism has fueled the ignorant comments one hears about Wing Chun by people who use the Mcdojos or more correctly Mckwoons [kwoons are kung fu training halls just incase you didn't know] as points of reference.

Once again, another guy with "There's only the real Wing Chun."
    Yes there is the REAL Wing Chun schools hidden amongst the bullshido Wing Chun and what has happened to WC an old martial art when compared to bjj will eventually happen to bjj (and we can see the beginings of this elsewhere in this site) - MY ORIGINAL POINT.

As I have said, if the trends in the MA world continue the way they are then soon you will have a lot of bjj schools that will not be worthy of the name of the art they will claim to represent. When that happens hopefully people like you will come out and defend the REAL Bjj just as I am doing for Wing Chun.

No matter, it's still your art saturated with Bullshido not mine.
    And it is your brain that is saturated by false references when it come to the art that I practise.

Lemme guess,
    Please don't "guess" anymore. You made the wrong "guesses" about Wing Chun. So your guessing needs a bit of credibility right now.

you're trying to be original and funny
    "Original and funny"....hmmmm....Oh no sir, your talking about JKD practitioners not Wing Chunners. Those people love expressing themselves in "original" ways which infinitely turn "funny"....anyway that is another 'joke' for another thread.

but failing at both with the same old BJJ is the gay schtick.
    Hey you don't find my joke funny so you automatically assume that I am the one without a sense of humor? That is so typical Bjj-er. :rolleyes:

This comming from someone who calls slap fighting a martial art.
    The WRONG Wing Chun "guess", AGAIN!. But then you don't know any better because your brain has been saturated by references that are McKwoons.

Troll away as usual.
    Yes you are, but you can stop anytime you want. As you have enlightened me enough. I mean what next? Are we gonna have the Pope posting an article on Wing Chun and how the selfdefense techniques that he had learnt as a young Nazi recroute were more effective?

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks in advance.
    Hmm, I find it interesting that you automatically label what "he and others" have been exposed to as crap. How the hell do you know if it was crap??? How do you know what they did is in any way more inferior than what you train? Before you stop telling people to make judgements on their personal experiences, why don't you go and find out exactly what they observed/participated in.

Your people tell us, "don't judge us based on hearsay and what you read, go and try WC before you say it blows."

Then we say "we have, doesn't change anything."

Then your people usually respond with the "real WC" bullshit or something similar about "all the bullshit in WC" which is funny because we spend all this time arguing with them because they say there ISN'T bullshit in WC. But the point is that they respond with the same narrowmindedness that they initially accuse us of having, like you did above. Your people accuse us of assuming things without evidence, when we tell them we have had experience, your people do a 180 and assume that our experience is immediately inferior to their own without any evidence at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 2:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow I doubt you know where to find this "real" wing chun either. Otherwise you could show us.
    You are missing the point here. The main point is that there is real Wing Chun, just like there is real Hung gar, Praying Mantis and in karate, real Goju-Ryu, Shorin-Ryu,etc. The fact that there are many Mcdojos and Mc kwoons teaching all the above arts does not alter that fact.

YOu could be a great fighter who practises real Wing Chun, etc. or you could be a beginner who practises it, and that will not change the fact that you are training in a martial art that is a legitimate and effective selfdefense system.
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast