Posted On:
    2/06/2005 2:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Im one of those people.

And if you are going to try to fold my ankle over the other you are going to get tapped from the armbar.

I'll just reach up here and grab this foot...arggh...my elbow.
    Really? BEcause as quick as you think you can throw that armbar, is as quick as I've trained to counter it with that.

"Oooh...my uncounterable armbar!"

"Oh jesus my ankle!" Tap tap on you.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/07/2005 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very similar mentality to the people who think...

"Well...whenever someone goes for a choke, I just reach down and cross their ankles so I can break their ****. They won't be choking me for long!"

The sad reality is, although that might work every once in a while, against someone of equal skill who knows WTF is going on - it isnt going to happen. They know what you are trying to do, understand the trade off and counters, and will continue their technique.

With one hand going against my ankle, with no real leverage to put your body weight into it you aren't going to break anything. Whereas I, having the advantage of superior position and body mechanics can use full advantage of my weight and break the arm much faster than some discomfort to my ankle. Don't get me wrong, ankle locks are the shiznit. But as with anything, only when you have proper position and can apply some leverage. Sitting at the bottom of an armlock isn't what I think of as a spectacular position to apply an ankle lock, especially when you can only use one hand.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    2/09/2005 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ WINS AGAIN!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234